Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:10:59 PM EDT
Does anyone else have these or use them?

They're all over the gun shows here, usually 3-5 bucks each, and are the sharpest knives I own.  

I like the red handle ones as they are easier to find in a drawer and more Swiss.  

They're the cat's meow as far as I'm concerned.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
good inexpensive stamped knives, take an edge easily. You'll find em as kitchen knives in most joints that supply them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I have several of these also.  They are my "go to" knives in the kitchen.  My favorite is the semi-flex boning knife.  I can pretty much accomplish almost any kitchen cutting task with either the semi-flex boning knife or or my chef's knife.

I friend of mine who worked in a processing plant turned me onto them.  I own a nice henkels chef's knife, but I am just as pleased with the victorinox ones.  In fact, I've often considered buying a complete array of the victorinox knives.  I'm sure that they'd last a lifetime.

Best of all, they are washable.  Highly recommended.

M.L.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I've bought dozens of  regrounds that were salvaged from butchers and fish mongers. I give them out as gifts. I love 'em.!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Sharp. Heavy. Well balanced. Designed to make any type of "cutting" an ease!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's where I get my Forschner Victorinox knives:  Knife Outlet .  I recommend staying with the Fibrox handles, rather than wood, for utility purposes.

I believe that the standard "Victorinox" brand is a stamped blade, while the R.H. Forschner 'Victorinox" knives are not.  I stand corrected.

I've never seen these with red handles.  $3-$5 apiece is an amazingly low price.  The ones I've been purchasing are usually at least $15.

M.L.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In fact, I've often considered buying a complete array of the victorinox knives.  I'm sure that they'd last a lifetime.

Best of all, they are washable.  Highly recommended.

M.L.

Not a lifetime. Had one break off at the handle. The metal had stressed or rusted through where the handle and blade met. I used the knife normally and never put it in the dishwasher.
For nine bucks, though, it was still a decent knife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top