Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2001 8:37:38 PM EDT
I've been looking at a Sony dscs75, and was wondering if there is a place on the web that sell the camera and mem stick at a good price. I've checked out overstocked.com,cameraZon and ubid.com. but feel there's better prices to be had. Any help out there?
KenS
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Try these:

[url]www.pricescan.com[/url]

[url]www.gigabuys.com[/url]

You can also try searching for the product name and model number using [url]www.altavista.com[/url] and get some other sites that have it for sale.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Kens I just bought that camera, it takes great pictures,I can't believe how good they are.That is a brand new camera, and every site I priced them at was the same. I got mine from wolfcamera.com. I will tell you something that is not in the book,and nobody at Sony could help me. When I was done shooting and wanted to put the lens cap on, I had to wait a few minutes for the camera to shut itself off and automatically retract it's lens. Here is how to get the lens to retract without waiting. Gentley PUSH the ON lever as far as it will go foward and hold it there until the lens retracts,it might pump a few times but it takes only 2 seconds to get it to go in. I called Sony and told them how I got it to work, maybe by now they have gotten the word out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I always check mysimon...  click on link below

Sony

SONY DSC S75
DIGITAL CAMERAS
Availability: In Stock

$552.00  

[url]www.mysimon.com/isrch/index.jhtml?c=digitalcamera&pgid=shop&InputKeyword=dscs75&_ttag=ksrch_top&key=UC_20010725_082146_0813134368&v=1&sort=Price&dir=i&pg=1[/url]

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't necessarily buy from the cheapest site. I have heard some very bad horror stories from people that have gone that route. You need to make sure that it is not a demo, make sure it comes with a US warrantee, that the box has not been open, be sure that the camera you are pricing has the exact same equipment,some times the battery or some other piece of essential gear might not be included. Sometimes shipping is included sometimes it is not. Make sure it is in stock. If you get the extended warrantee make sure it is a Sony authorized warrantee.  Buyer beware!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all who posted info. Went to the sites and now have more questions that before. I will have to do a lot more research to find out why the dscs70 is more expensive than the dscs75.
Thanks again
KenS
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.pricewatch.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top