Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:57:30 PM EDT
OK the use of RFID and verichip technology is happening and growing, the tinfoil/privacy people got tha right.  Website  
Book available at

My question is about the viability of biometrics as a personal/finance security, rather than RFID.  RFID basically tags you and what you buy, and the GWB administration is openly pushing an implant to make our lives simpler by having all our info readily available to ourselves, the Gov., businesses, and advertisers on demand by scaning.  

Would biometrics in the form of say redundant retinal and fingerprint scans be more effective and not neccesarily violate our privacy so disturbingly?

A retinal and fingerprint scan to replace your credit and debit cards, car and home door locks, instant checking account access, and general info. exchange or anything doing with personal security.

Questions?  Answers?  Debate? Opinions?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
La Cie has portable hard drives you can access with finger/thump prints. Prety cool. As for retinal scans, I don't take my shades off for nobody
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
There is already a documented case of car thieves cutting of the thumb off a biometic Mercedes owner to car jack it.   When I said this would happen 10 years ago people laughed.  They're not laughing now.

Biometrics are just a bad fucking idea.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is already a documented case of car thieves cutting of the thumb off a biometic Mercedes owner to car jack it.   When I said this would happen 10 years ago people laughed.  They're not laughing now.

in south africa I believe, biometrics will only get peoples "things" cut off
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As opposed to the "mark of the beast" RFID chip implant???????????
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
??????
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you keep people from scanning your chip if you don't want them to? I'll pass on the chip thing
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How do you keep people from scanning your chip if you don't want them to? I'll pass on the chip thing

Most rational people do.  Once they stop accusing those trying to tell them what is being pushed of being "tinfoil Hat People" and that it is very real.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Like that part in Demolition Man where Wesley Snipes couged out that dudes eye and used it on the retina scanner.  I'll take my chances with my signature.  No one can duplicate it, not even me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top