User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 10:20:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I ADORE this movie... it gets better everytime I watch it.  

It's an absolutely fantastic movie - incredibly well done, and thoroughly enjoyable and disturbing at the same time.  It is one of my favorite movies.  Natalie Portman does an amazing job acting.

I have no idea what the pill is.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think the type of pill matters. Just to show he is a hypocrite. A DEA agent popping pills.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of pill? The bad kind.  Drugs are bad mmmkay?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't think the type of pill matters. Just to show he is a hypocrite. A DEA agent popping pills.

Yeah cause I bet that never happens in reallife........

Just liek an ATF employee would never have a free market NFA item
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't like this movie only because it has a creepy child-molester aspect to it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome movie! No info on the pills.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't like this movie only because it has a creepy child-molester aspect to it.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#9]
What pill did Gary Oldman pop in The Professional?

Actually, I was wondering what kind of grenade and launcher system they used in the apartment siege.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Go ask Alice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The international version more so than the U.S. domestic release.  

Personally, I think that's what makes the film even more compelling, because it is a study is such fucked-up people, and freaks you out in ways like the French Connection did when hackman became a junkie.  

It also makes the challenge to the actors greater, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The international version more so than the U.S. domestic release.  

Personally, I think that's what makes the film even more compelling, because it is a study is such fucked-up people, and freaks you out in ways like the French Connection did when hackman became a junkie.  

It also makes the challenge to the actors greater, IMO.

+1 The international version (Leon The Professional) is better than the one released in the states.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#13]
The movie has nothing to do with "child molester" stuff.

It is a mentally advanced young girl taking advantage of a mentally stunted adult male.
He has the mind of a teen ager, and is an unemotional robot until he saves her life.   It's like he adopted her, and she is the one that wanted a romantic relationship, which he rebuked.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Question: What kind of pill is Gary Oldman's character popping?

It seemed to be along the lines of amyl nitrate.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It is a mentally advanced young girl taking advantage of a mentally stunted adult male.
He has the mind of a teen ager, and is an unemotional robot until he saves her life.   It's like he adopted her, and she is the one that wanted a romantic relationship, which he rebuked.

Like hell there are some very creepy undertones working in that movie. I suspect the script writer is not someone you would want around your family.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought that I knew everything there was to know about the movie...

...and then I saw the international cut. I couldn't believe that half of the version that I had seen before had been left on the cutting room floor.

You HAVE to see the international version.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Exactly why?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly why?

Because it's a nice, dark flick.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly why?

Because it's better - it's more like a director's cut (the way Luc Besson wanted it), and it also explores the relationship between them in more detail, and is darker (if that's even possible)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Go ask Alice.

I think she'll know.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go ask Alice.

I think she'll know.

When she's ten feet tall.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What pill did Gary Oldman pop in The Professional?

Actually, I was wondering what kind of grenade and launcher system they used in the apartment siege.

Grenade launcher? It's a space shuttle door gun! You can also clearly see Al Pacino using it to awesome effect in HEAT.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Gary Oldman's character rocks, a speed popping, classical music loving, corrupt cop.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#26]
"I tollllllld you...........to GET INSIDE!"    
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#27]
LOVE that movie!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly why?

The girl is actually helping with the hits <no spoiler intended> which explained why she went to Danny Aello (sp?) at the end of the movie trying to get cleaning jobs. Leon went to Danny early in the movie and asked to take on a trainee because he was getting to old to do all the jobs himself. When the girl went to the Federal Building to take out Gary Oldham, she had been practicing hits and tried to take on the job herself and quickly got in over her head.

The stuff they cut out was not pedophile crap, it just explained a lot of what was going on in the movie.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#29]
1. I assume from the character's behavior and appearance that the pills are amphetamines. Speed is a one-way ticket to assholedom, and the character appears to be sleep-deprived.

2. The "child molester aspect" is unnecessary to the plot, and a bit creepy, but not so bad as all that. I assume that the little girl character has been sexually abused, and thinks of that (as such girls often do) as the way to relate to adult males. However, Leon (though not quite repelled by the idea) rebuffs her implicit offers, and ends up showing her that there are other relationships than sexual ones.

3. Lots of great shooting of BGs in that flick.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
movie forum

That's a smart use of bandwidth. Maybe we need TV, music, food, sports, politics, and news forums, too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought the longer version and enjoyed it much more because some of the stuff they cut out actually shows you things about the characters.

My favorite was why leon has a few grenades with him while on a job.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top