Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 9:04:28 PM EDT
My mother is looking for a good pepper spray, and I was wondering which ones are good?
I have no personal experience with it.  My mom wants it for personal protection, and for against dogs, when she goes walking in the early morning.  CCW or other weapons are out of the question, pepper spray is what she wants, so skip the lectures please. I just need to know what a good pepper spray is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Get that bear spray stuff.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for a foam instead of regular spray.  Helps keep from blow-back.  You aren't gonna check the wind direction before you spray.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
This time last week there was a good thread on the FOX brand. Can't remember which forum, maybe survival.

edited to add link: http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com

ok, link won't work, but you get the idea
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This time last week there was a good thread on the FOX brand. Can't remember which forum, maybe survival.

FOX and MK are both rated high by people who have used them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Fox has a small 2oz flip top with holster that is in the 5 million + scoville heat unit range.  Apparently it drops grown men like little babies in a hearbeat.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=394882
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Go for a foam instead of regular spray.  Helps keep from blow-back.  You aren't gonna check the wind direction before you spray.  Just a thought.

Foam sucks! It doesn't work as fast as the mist and the asshole that you just sprayed has a habit of whiping his face and flinging it back into your face. That leaves both of you out of the game. Get a good 10% spray and be done with it. Train to deal with the blowback, spray it into the wind a few times and walk into it. It will get you prepared for what to do when you are exposed, and make no mistake about it, you will be exposed to it when you use it.

Breacher
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.foxlabs.net

Get a 2 oz. unit and/or keychain unit.

Forget foam.  She should get a cone or stream unit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Fox labs definatly. I had a bad experience last week when I "test fired" my fox labs on duty I got a little on my hands so I went to the rest room to wash up, well being a guy I cant step foot in a rest room without draining the snake. VERY bad move on my part. And this was AFTER I washed with soap and water. The last time my peater was that sore and red for that long a period was when I was 13 and just discoverd masturbation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top