Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 2:24:41 PM EDT
Something struck me the last couple weeks.

I've mentioned I just got a new job.  In preparing my resume, etc etc, I noticed I started a new position last year on 24-Sep.  This year, I had interviews on 23-Sep (24-Sep was Saturday) one of which landed me the job I'm in now.

I also noticed I've broken off two different relationships a year a part to the day on 24-Jan.

Strange, huh?  24s and Sep and Jan seem to be months of change for me.  One for relationships, the other for jobs.

Anyone else have odd patterns like this?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Numerology at work perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Last two PCS transfers of mine were both on 02JUN.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Numerology at work perhaps?

Ooooh, I dunno.  I'm not sure I believe in that silly stuff, but I wasn't cogniziant of either event until after it happened and I started thinking about it.

I've also noticed I seem to get raises or promotions within a day of a full moon--before or after or right on the night of one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at my resume one day and noticed that I tend to leave  jobs in June
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]

My birthday seems to be right around the same date every year!!  

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Gasp!  Oh   My   God.  Are you...sure?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I get up at the same time almost every morning.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Life is a series of cycles, some great, some small.

My jobs come in cycles.  I'm due for a job change within the next year.

My serious relationships also come in cycles, every nine years.  I'm due about now.  

I had three accidents, 5 years apart, in the months of May, December, May.  Couldn't figure out why no one wanted to drive with me in December of 2002.  The pattern ended there.

The best "pattern" that I ever encountered was when I divorced my wife (I filed).  My court date was on our anniversary, and the divorce was final on Christmas Day.  Now if that isn't God telling me to have a Merry Christmas, I don't know what is.

People often have patterns, but are so wrapped up in their current life, that they fail to recognize the patterns that you did.  By recognizing your past patterns, you can see what created the patterns, and make the necessary changes for a better life, or know what's coming down the road, and be prepared for it when it arrives.

By watching what's called biorhythms, I know when issues will be coming into my life.  But because I know they're coming, the issues are much less stressful, and I no longer sweat the temporary crap.  

MissileCop aka the Spiritual Gunslinger
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep. I have to sort of intelligence that sees patterns in pretty much everything. I knew I TRIED to always avoid people in April. Disn't know WHY, but generally, I'm amiable to a fault. BUT in APRIL I would get into "tiffs" w/ people. They pissed ME off, and in turn, II pissed THEM off. Then in April 1998. I was DXed w/ MS. Then I eventually put it together that most every April (mid-April, when allergy season for me comes to a "head") that probably most if not ALL of my "spare" omega 3's in my system were "used up" by the onset of the allergic reaction. Less available omega 3's (among other things, a "mood regulator") meant... I was "bitchy" in mid to late April. Sometimes occurred in August too.. but rare and never as bad.

Maybe for YOU it's similar, only instead of "bitchy" you're "restless"? (and you have slightly different allergies? <shrug>)  It's a thought.

Quoted:
Something struck me the last couple weeks.

I've mentioned I just got a new job.  In preparing my resume, etc etc, I noticed I started a new position last year on 24-Sep.  This year, I had interviews on 23-Sep (24-Sep was Saturday) one of which landed me the job I'm in now.

I also noticed I've broken off two different relationships a year a part to the day on 24-Jan.

Strange, huh?  24s and Sep and Jan seem to be months of change for me.  One for relationships, the other for jobs.

Anyone else have odd patterns like this?

Also... you ever take Geometry? If "yes" Do you "believe" in  The Pythagorean Theorem?

Same guy that came up w/that, also came up w/Numerology... (Things that make you go, Huh?!)  Again, it's just a thought.

Quoted:

Man.... that's just FREAKY!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]
The human brain is great at recognizing patterns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I noticed that while at work I always take a shit at the buisiest time of the shift and get a call as soon as I set down, and if I light up a smoke I get a bunch of calls, and that my releif is always 15 minutes late, and I have to cacth some of their calls.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes. one of my ex-gf birthday is the same as my mom's.

Another ex-g/f's birthday is the same as my DAD's girlfriend,and they went to the same college and got the same degree

(my ex gf is actually super-smart and not a blithering moron like dad's GF though)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep, but mine is letters.
I had an investment lose money on a day of the week ending with a Y.
I also got a bill on a day of the week ending with a Y.
Addidtionally, my contract expired and I needed to spend more money to re-up on a day of the week ending with a Y.

Apparently, any day of the week ending with a Y costs me money.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I noticed that while at work I always take a shit at the buisiest time of the shift and get a call as soon as I set down, and if I light up a smoke I get a bunch of calls, and that my releif is always 15 minutes late, and I have to cacth some of their calls.

Um... ever consider the POSSIBILITY that this:

and if I light up a smoke I get a bunch of calls.
MIGHT be God's way of saying "You smoke too much" ?

Quoted:
Yep, but mine is letters.
I had an investment lose money on a day of the week ending with a Y.
I also got a bill on a day of the week ending with a Y.
Addidtionally, my contract expired and I needed to spend more money to re-up on a day of the week ending with a Y.

Apparently, any day of the week ending with a Y costs me money.

Ain't it the sad, sad truth?

Quoted:
Yep...I seem to be consistently attracted to worthless women.

You too?!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I always enjoy Memorial Day.

Independence Day is always a good day, weahter-wise.

October is the best month.

I'm constantly attracted to bad (but pretty) women, but my friends (and sometimes even family)always introduce me to really great women who seem to become more attractive as I get to know them.

When I'm aggravated/frustrated/whatever, I buy gun stuff. Not to shoot, but just to....uh....be shopping, I guess.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Also... you ever take Geometry? If "yes" Do you "believe" in  The Pythagorean Theorem?

Same guy that came up w/that, also came up w/Numerology... (Things that make you go, Huh?!)  Again, it's just a thought.

Alright, so what does the Pythagorean Theorem have to do with 24s?  I've used the theorem and have taken Trig, but...?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#18]
24's one of my lucky lottery numbers, one day I'll win!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#19]
also, 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case of beer, coincidence ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top