Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 2:11:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Heck, as much as I hate leftie comedian Bill Hicks I feel the need to quote him here:

"There's a living God who talks to you."
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
As much as I think George W. Bush has made mistakes, he's nowhere near stupid enough to tell high ranking palestinian officials "I am on a mission from God", even if he thinks he is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a phony quote. Bush was speaking with some Palestinian leaders. His words went throgh a couple translaters from English to Arabic to the memory of a hostile Palestinian and back to english, then mutated along the way after returning to english before reaching the BBC.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
"God told me that I'm going to be O.K., he said he's pretty sure your fucked though."

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
All your base are belong to God.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Good rule of thumb is not to trust the Palestinians, or the BBC on matters regarding Israel/Palesine or George Bush.  They luvvvvvvvvvv the splodeydopes but hate George Bush passionately.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"God told me that I'm going to be O.K., he said he's pretty sure your fucked though."

aye, it's MY island
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
God said to trust the Brits...

for now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]
God speaks to all men, he doesn't play favorites. This includes the men who wrote the various holy books, no special direct line to God.

Few listen.

Those who claim God told them to do things, particularly things like wage war, are either lying or schizophrenic.

That said, I don't believe GWB is a Christian, let alone a prophet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Jake Blues// see me and the lord have got an understanding// Jake Blues
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
God speaks to all men, he doesn't play favorites. This includes the men who wrote the various holy books, no special direct line to God.

Few listen.

Those who claim God told them to do things, particularly things like wage war, are either lying or schizophrenic.

Anyone who can use the phrase 'various holy books' with a straight face is in no position to judge whether or not GWB is a Christian.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I certainly hope God talks to the President.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Few listen.

Anyone who can use the phrase 'various holy books' with a straight face is in no position to judge whether or not GWB is a Christian.

I couldn't get passed the judgement passing on the President's current status of salvation.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Naaaahhh.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of people pray to God for guidance.

When they make decisions after prayer it's because they communed with God. It aint like a telephone call for craps sake.

Sure he prayed and received an answer but it's not like a voice spoke to him from a burning bush.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Jerusalem -- President Bush told two high-ranking Palestinian officials that he had been told by God to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and then create a Palestinian state to bring peace to the Middle East,

isn't that what the anti-christ is prophesized to do?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh...the Euros, for some reason, just LOVE to hate believing Christians. They WANT so badly for this story to be true, but it prolly ain't.

The joke's on them anyway. Once they admit Turkey to the EU, poor Turks will swarm all over the continent (and onto old Albion, sorry Andy). Then it will be all over for Mother Europe, which will be only a memory.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Proven false.  Its the BBC, what else would one expect from the communist BBC?

The White House has denied that US President George W. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, as a new BBC documentary is expected to reveal.

"That's absurd. He's never made such comments," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Thursday.

The documentary series set to be broadcast later this month in Britain claims Bush made the claim when he met Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then-foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003.

www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/07/051007131357.nstalu7a.html

Oh yes, and DUPE!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Nah. If God said anything it would have been
SECURE YOUR BORDERS, DUMAS!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#20]
WELL WHAT

You don't know Bullshit when you see it... again.

How many fucking times is the British press going to retread this fucking lie. This makes about the 5th time in 2 years the British press has reported this BULLSHIT each time denied by the White House as ridiculous.

And BTW it was denied by the Palestinian PM today as well. Bet we don’t see that reported by the BBC.

It has been a real good day for the British media… a day they can be proud of… first this lie and David Frost joining Al-Jazeera.

Your people found that mythical incinerator in Arkansas yet.

AND THIS IS A DUPE.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well?……

Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, Arab leaders say
Palestinian officials confirm comments from documentary
Matthew Kalman, Chronicle Foreign Service
Friday, October 7, 2005

Are posting this because you think it's funny or because you think it's accurate?  If it's the former then indeed the BBC is making me laugh.  If it's the latter then I fear you lack the normal human Bullshit detector.  I'm not happy with the man and certainly not his cheerleader but that reaks so foul of bullshit I choked on the 2nd paragraph.  Did he claim to be on a mission from God while dressed in a black suit, sunglasses and gangster hat and speaking with a Chicago accent?

Christ, if your going to make something up try not to use movie lines as your grabber.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Few listen.

So, you believe the bullshit in that article?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Few listen.

Sure God plays favorites.

He gives some people bullshit detecting abilities… some he apparently don’t.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Alexandre of "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Man In The Iron Mask" fame?

Or did you mean DUMBASS?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That said, I don't believe GWB is a Christian...

Based on?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alexandre of "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Man In The Iron Mask" fame?

Or did you mean DUMBASS?

God has too much gravitas to call someone "dumbass". Might zap 'em with a lightning bolt or send in a plague of locusts...........
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Few listen.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I posted this last night, it was the first time I had read it as well, It has been denied and probably disproven by now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Well, last time I was near the border, specifically on US 90 just east of Del Rio, there was a Border Patrol vehicle checkpoint.  All were stopped.  It WASN'T there back in 2000.

So, put up or shut up.  Border secure?  Moreso than it was in 2000.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#31]
No, and I don't think the Pope does either.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I posted this last night, it was the first time I had read it as well, It has been denied and probably disproven by now.

Then say it and say it LOUD....

DUPE!

Dupe police
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, last time I was near the border, specifically on US 90 just east of Del Rio, there was a Border Patrol vehicle checkpoint.  All were stopped.  It WASN'T there back in 2000.

This is a joke, right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a joke, right?

No, it is what I have observed.  While there IS a border problem, it is NOT going to be solved by any easy claim of "shut the borders".

The problem is economics.  If we do not address the economics, the border will be IMPOSSIBLE to control.  Sure, we could build a wall along the lines of the Great Wall of China but in the end, we will lose because those same people fleeing the opressive economic situation will only be hired by our competetor.

You see, this war isn't won by isolation.  It is LOST by isolation.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The problem is economics.  If we do not address the economics, the border will be IMPOSSIBLE to control.  Sure, we could build a wall along the lines of the Great Wall of China but in the end, we will lose because those same people fleeing the opressive economic situation will only be hired by our competetor.

I'm ALL FOR closing teh borders, but I fully recognize there would be an immense economic impact in doing so.

Among other things, expect home prices to increase by 20-40%

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm ALL FOR closing teh borders, but I fully recognize there would be an immense economic impact in doing so.

no I think home prices will maybe go down, due to less demand from a lower population
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#37]
God speaks to those who seek him - it's in the Bible, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."  James 1:5
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no I think home prices will maybe go down, due to less demand from a lower population

Mexicans live 15 to a house. SO very few houses would free up.

But Mexican labor is used in probably 1/3 - 1/2 of houses built.

If builders have to pay US / unioin wages, add 30% to the cost of a house.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top