Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 9:50:01 AM EDT
I recorded it and just got around to watching this week's episode. Not bad. Lot's of action and Dennis Hopper is a commander I could get to like. I am so un-PC.

Anyway. I like the reality based (roughly) fact, and yes, I have noticed some blatent inaccuracies - but it is entertainment and I can get over the pain and move on. I'm so sick of all the reality based "survival on Gilligan's Island Kareoke Rock star-In-my face" BS, that I would fire myself  - out of a freaking cannon. The only thing worth watching on network any more is "Family Guy."

Maybe I just miss my days from the military. Funny how time makes the ugly things go away and you remember only the good things. Although, I got married in the Army and I bet my ex is still ugly and fat. That will never change, unless she explodes from over eating. I could only wish......
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Eh, it's TV and pretty goofey but it ain't too bad. Decent gunplay and gear.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not bad. Lot's of action and Dennis Hopper is a commander I could get to like. I am so un-PC.

Anyway. I like the reality based (roughly) fact, and yes, I have noticed some blatent inaccuracies - but it is entertainment ....

Ditto to all that.  I thought it was pretty good.  Hopper was cool, & you just gotta' love those suppressed, camo'd,  '16's.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I watch it, a little goofy  but entertaining.   sort of like another show which used to be on....Threat Matrix.    what ever became of Threat Matrix??
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
JT's playmate is nice eye candy!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Threat Matrix was cancelled.

One of the girls in Ering was in Threat Matrix.  There was another similar show on CBS a few seasons ago.  I kind of liked it too.

I think Ering will get the axe also.  It's already lost its time slot to Martha Stewart once.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I watch it, a little goofy  but entertaining.   sort of like another show which used to be on....Threat Matrix.    what ever became of Threat Matrix??

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1.  I would have thought that alone would get this show more ARFCOM love, not to mention it's pro-military, pro-war, makes fun of the French, and all the people on the show demonstrate good trigger discipline.  On the other hand, everyone on here was jumping in line to watch Over There even though the general consensus (IIRC) was that it had an overly dramatic anti-war bias.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Caught parts of it.
At first, I was worried that the Army would get down on its knees and blow the network, like the navy and usmc did with "JAG".  They must have sucked awfully hard to get that POS made.

Not too bad, though.  Still unrealistic.
Could have been worse.  When "JT" starts flying aircraft, trying cases and conducting investigations, ALL AT THE SAME TIME, then I'm gonna pull the plug.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  I would have thought that alone would get this show more ARFCOM love, not to mention it's pro-military, pro-war, makes fun of the French, and all the people on the show demonstrate good trigger discipline.  On the other hand, everyone on here was jumping in line to watch Over There even though the general consensus (IIRC) was that it had an overly dramatic anti-war bias.

I'd definately give her the ole' Russian Gut Wrench.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I like it, I use TIVO then FF through those stupid comercials
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been presently suprised so far.  I like it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I like it so far.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
It will keep me occupied until "24" starts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Its a OK show.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Not too bad, IMO, for something put out by the makers of "West Wing"

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn't like the way they had him show remorse for killing the goat fucker kid. Shit the little prick betrayed him after he spared the goat fuckers life, then while wounded he tried to draw down on him.

Then he covered him, and put his koran on him...how sweet.

He should have shit on his chest, and left him for the vultures...

Other than that, its more entertaining than some BS sitcom about a couple of fags and their fag hag....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top