Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd pass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell no.  Bad trade.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If Manning is your back up qb and its not a keeper league I would do it,otherwise I would pass.
TJ Hous. may or may not play this week and moore is useless on a useless Vikings team,I know I have Cuplepper .
Holt will see alot more action with Bruce out of the lineup and Mccallister is due to break out of his funk.
If you have a good number one qb then go for it any upgrade over moore is worth it.
I like tj and the cin offense but they have alot of weapons to share the load while holt and mccalisste are go to guys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to mention that I also have Peyton Manning.

Eli is my backup.

What say you?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
As funny as this may sound, I'd be more inclined to trade Peyton than Eli at this point (without implying Eli is better) due to their performances, NY's pansy ass schedule, and the play of Indy's D.  That being said, McAllister has not been a FFL starter for the past two years and his team is playing with no heart, he's a deal breaker in any trade.  So really, it comes down to him offering you a top 5 receiver and a 15-25 rb for a top 5 (for now) qb, a 10-20 rb, and a 15-20 rcvr.  To me, it's highway robbery.  Sit on your two solid qb's and work them on matchups and you'll be much better off.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#6]
i don't see how you could pass that up.  looking at it in draft terms, he's offering 2 2nd rounders for 3 late-round guys.  now look at production.  holt v housh is an easy call for holt.  deuce for mewelde? c'mon--you have to go with the percentages.  duece is the uncontested #1, and both play on bad offenses.  but you know that if there is a rushing TD to be scored for NO, deuce is going to get it.  quit overthinking this.

you lose your backup QB--a rookie QB that hasn't faced the eagles yet, a RB in a nebulous situation in a bad offense, and the #2 receiver from cincinatti.  you gain a tier 1 WR that is the #1 option on a good offense (62 attempts by bulger last week), and a rushing/receiving threat with no competition at his position, who went in the top 5 last year, and was a second-rounder this year.  this is a perfect example of "buy low, sell high" trading.

add to this that (if i recall correctly) WR is a need position for you, and you should jump on this trade before he wises up.  post both team's rosters and the scoring system for further review, but i don't really think that's necessary.

pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll throw in Freddie Mitchell to sweeten my trade offer.

Deal?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, we'd have to see your current roster to get the complete picture.

But based on the info you've provided, I would do the deal.  This is why:

1.  If you have Peyton you don't need Eli (unless you would just be looking to pick him up to deal him).  I know Peyton is a good "sell" option right now, as most people are looking at admittedly lackluster performance (in terms of consistency) until now, but I think he is a must-start every week unless he gets hurt or is on bye.  

2.  MeMo is, for all intents and purposes, a non-factor as a reliable starting FF back.  Mike Tice and that stupid RB carousel they have in Minny basically means you will be frustrated as hell if you have Bennett or Moore.  It was even worse when Onterrio Smith was around.  I think you'll be glad to get rid of him and pick up Deuce.  

3.  TJ Houshmansdfwerw;kljsdf is a good "sell" right now as well.  Carson Palmer is doing well but as you've probably seen, TJ missed all 3 practices this week.  He's damaged goods at this point.  Holt is a great #1 WR option.  Unless you've already got TO, Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson, he's hard to turn down.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
If you have another good QB other than Peyton to fill in for bye weeks/injuries, and you are not in a keeper league, I'd do it.  I agree with Sirensong, you would really only give up a QB and you would get two good "go to guys".

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He's offering T. Holt (WR) and D. McAllister (RB) for:

E. Manning (NYG-QB)
M. Moore (Min-RB)
T.  Houshmandazeh (Cin-WR)

What say you?

You'd be NUTS to pass this up.  Get off ARFCOM, go to your FFL site, click "accept trade," then have a beer to celebrate.

Moore is chaff who will get few endzone looks.  Houshjsdlmamd is a good #2 receiver, but Holt is ELITE.  Deuce is a top-10 RB who scores TDs.  Eli is an up-and-comer, but QBs of his caliber are a dime a dozen.

Do it
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Really depends on the scoring system.  If QB's are heavily favored scoring wise, it might be a bad trade as you would be sending a quality backup to another team as a potential starter who could hurt you DIRECTLY.

McAllister is iffy, but a good #2 or #3 RB.  Holt is a quality #1 WR.

Tough call.

I might pull it if I needed help at WR, otherwise I would pass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Since you already have a QB, it is a no-brainer. You are improving at both WR and RB. Go for it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#13]
OK guys, thanks for the replies. I accepted the deal. Here are the details:

I'm 2-2, he's 1-3 with Vick (who is now injured) as his QB. I saw this and figured Eli Manning would be the conduit to facilitate a trade with him.

My roster was this:

P. Manning
E. Manning
J. Delhomme
A. Green
J. Jones
R. Brown (rookie RB with Miami)
M. Moore
TJ Houshmanzadeh
B. Stokley
P. Burress
C. Chambers
A. Toomer
M. Pollard (TE)
J. Elam
Dallas D
Cincy D

We can only play one QB per week. Since I already had Peyton (and a decent b/u in Delhomme), when Eli got hot, his trade value skyrocketed. A. Green got hurt (his production sucked anyway), I had no #1 WR, and my bench QB (Eli) was scoring points in bundles. This guy I traded with got a few offers from me, which he made counter-offers until we wound up with this particular trade offer by him.

I sent him Eli, TJ, and Moore. The WR is a solid #2...but he's hurt right now. The RB is a part-timer, and the QB (Eli) is a stud who's points mean nothing because he's on the bench. For those three guys, I get in return: McAllister who's the man in N.O. and a proven performer, and Holt, an elite WR on a pass-happy offense.

The deal was approved by the league GMs and is now official!

Thanks again for the advice.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#14]
This is his new roster after the trade:

QB     D. Carr (HOU - QB)
RB C. Martin (NYJ - RB)
RB C. Benson (CHI - RB)
WR K. Johnson (DAL - WR)
WR A. Johnson (HOU - WR)
TE D. Clark (IND - TE)
WR/RB M. Muhammad (CHI - WR)

Bench B. Franks (GB - TE)
Bench M. Vick (ATL - QB)
Bench T. Houshmandzadeh (CIN - WR)
Bench E. Manning (NYG - QB)
Bench L. Evans (BUF - WR)
Bench M. Moore (MIN - RB)

K M. Nugent (NYJ-K )

D Indianapolis (IND - D/ST)

Bench Carolina (CAR-D/ST)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:48:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I thnk you did well with the trade.  

I see that McAllister suffered a kneee sprain this week.  He says he'll be ok, which is reassuring.  MRI is pending.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Good heavens, McAllister has a torn ACL.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Ouch.

"Deuce"...... meaning "my knee ligament is now in TWO pieces."               Deuce.

Ouch.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#18]
sorry to hear that, bro.  if it makes you feel any better, last season i traded curtis martin, who was the #1 RB at the time, and hines ward for priest holmes.  3 days later, he went down with the knee.

i still think you made your team better, though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#19]
bad news, sorry man!

But on the bright side, your trade is STILL good.

Points on the bench don't matter...it's just who you start that matters.  By that reasoning, Moore was chaff, Eli Manning was likely wasted potential (what week would you decide to just plug him in over Peyton?), and you upgraded big from Houshdmasm to Holt.

The Eli factor is exactly why he served his purpose--trade bait.

You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks guys. Sure, the news blows about Duce, but as you suggested, I am not panicking.

Holt was a MAJOR upgrade and Eli's bench points were worthless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top