Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 8:00:11 AM EDT
... So I get into the office today after a week of depositions, and my legal assistant is clearly dressed for job interviews and has asked to leave "a little early" today to "run some errands."

Damn, its hard to find good help sometimes.

We pay way above scale for the area, as our law firm is one of the "top few" in town.  

ARGHHH!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
... So I get into the office today after a week of depositions, and my legal assistant is clearly dressed for job interviews and has asked to leave "a little early" today to "run some errands."

We pay way above scale for the area, as our law firm is one of the "top few" in town.  

ARGHHH!

Damn, that stinks.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you going to be hiring new associates soon? I graduate in May!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have said.

"Sure... good luck."
"Good luck with what?"
"Your interview."

Would have been great to see the look on her face.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you Draw Down on her?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#5]
start giving her a bunch of shit work to do, she won't be around long anyway.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ARGHHH!

So, fire her first, and then when the prospective employer calls for a reference state she's a good worker except for all those frivilous sexual harassment complaints.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you sue her?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#8]

My last couple of hires were out of Bible study groups. I'm very happy with them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#9]
She's a great legal assistant.  One of the few "really steller" ones in this market.  

I'm not happy to see her potentially leave.

Will be meeting with management committee to talk about sacking the awful paralegal and elevating this assistant to that post to see if that will induce her to stay.

Son of a bitch, I have too much work to do to deal with this right now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll bet she's meeting her friends for happy hour at some upscale bar.  Prolly to interview some dudes and drink some adult beverages.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top