Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 7:07:54 AM EDT
I need help with a cd image.

I need to be able to boot from a cd and run ghost, with the ability to create the image to a USB DVD-R drive, and of course restore the image from the same.

I have the Sony DRX-720UL-T for the USB drive.

ANYONE?

It has to be Ghost as that is the required format per SOP

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:18:07 AM EDT
[#1]
so buy ghost version 9.0    
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#2]
So, what do you need?  A program to image a CD?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Ghost 9 will not let me burn the image to a USB burner, if you boot from the install CD, I need to be able to do that. From what I have read it only allows restore.

radified forum I have been searching but I still have not found what I am looking for.

What I want to do is.....

I have a system that is not networked, I need to be able to boot up on a CD, that will allow me to create a Ghost image and burn that image to the USB DVD burner. And in the event of a system crash, boot from the CD and restore from the same USB DVD burner.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Duplicate your hard drive, and set it aside for such a time.. Ghost has problems with USB drives from my experience. Make your boss buy you a drive duplicator, and a few spare hard drives. The duplicator will pay for its self within a year. Then you can make images of all your different systems for emergency restore..
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I like that idea Richard, but I work in an FDA/USDA regulated environment whare everything has to be by the book. (ie SOP) Hence the specific need for the use of Ghost. I actually found a program that does what I want but it is not Ghost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top