Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 5:14:18 AM EDT
I went to the Bruins home opener Wednesday night with some friends from work.  As we pulled in to the parking garage I noticed the two cars in front of us were Nashua, NH police vehicles, and made a mental note.

We get inside the Garden and we first find our seats to see what kind of view we now had, we had just moved the season tickets so we could be above the glass.  As we leave the seats to get some grub and beers, I notice the 4 or 5 plain clothed Nashua LEO’s are about 5 rows behind us.  I always take a look around to see what type of characters are in my AO because there are fights in the stands regularly.

The Garden is packed and everybody is having a good time drinking and watching the Bruins play the spineless French Canadian Habs.  I hear some commotion behind me and look back only to see 8 guys arguing over something.  Four of them in the higher row are anywhere from 21 to 25 in my estimation.  The four guys in the lower row are all in their 30’s.  There are some un-kind words exchanged then the smallest of the young guys, who can barely stand because he’s been over served, throws a punch at one of the older guys.

Since I was focused on making sure no bodies came flying at me, I didn’t notice that one of the Nashua LEO’s had already left to get the assistance of one of Boston’s finest.  5 seconds later the Boston LEO runs up to the melee and tells the young man who threw the punch to come with him.  Mind you this kid is 21, cocked, and about a buck fifty.
He looks at the officer and says “Fuck you, I’m not moving”.  The officer’s eyes doubled in size and he lunged over and snatched up the belligerent punk by the collar of his shirt and literally yanked him off the ground towards the isle.  Once he had the moron in the isle the crowd is cheering only adding to the strength of the officer as he grabbed the punk by the back of the neck and ran him down the concrete steps.  I would have paid $500 to have had a camera on me to capture the “Fear of God” look on the kids face.  

As the two went by me, the officer’s radio snapped off his duty belt and landed at my feet.  I picked it up as he turned the corner of the tunnel.  I was going to get up and follow them to the outside so I could hand the officer his radio when I see the kid’s head again disappear and the officer’s hand come over the railing looking for the radio hand-off, the entire time the crowd going nuts over the instant justice.

I have to be honest, it was very refreshing to someone who obviously has never had their ass kicked get rag dolled in front of 18,000 fans, and I had a front row seat.

And a big hats off to the officer in section 6 who handled the situation before it got out of hand.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Wicked pissah!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wicked pissah!

HEY??? How the HELL does a guy from Kansas know that???

Hmph...what dzl said...only with the nasal accent...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool

'goto tha gaadan, drink some laaga, beat up some smaart kids'

did you give the radio back?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cool

'goto tha gaadan, drink some laaga, beat up some smaart kids'

The officer threw his and out when they were exiting the tunnel and I handed it to him.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#6]
How long before the cop and the City are sued by the punk?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Considering the amount of season ticket holders as witnesses in that section, he won't have a leg to stand on.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]

What happened out of view.

Free entertainment is always good entertainment
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Good for John Law!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#10]
How does that song go?

"I fought the law and the law won...."  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Good for John Law!

+1...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cool

'goto tha gaadan, drink some laaga, beat up some smaarht kids'

fixed
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:26:56 AM EDT
[#13]
That idiot would have probably stood his ground at a railroad crossing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That idiot would have probably stood his ground at a railroad crossing.

Not to mention the officer had 80 pounds on the kid and it wasn't fat.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering the amount of season ticket holders as witnesses in that section, he won't have a leg to stand on.

Neither di O.J.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Only a true blooded Bostonian still calls it the "Garden".

GO BRUINZ!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#17]
The perp got a "Tune up" in the tunnel.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How does that song go?

Yes, that's it.  

What does AO mean?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
the two cars in front of us were Nashua, NH police vehicles, and made a mental note.

So, WTF are valuable police department resources doing being driven 40 miles out of State and parked up in a garage for hours so a few cops can go to a game?

Not saying Cops don't have the right to go to a game on their own time, but why aren't they doing it in their own vehicles?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#20]
 That's pretty good! Around here the law would have thrown that guy down the stairs to sober him up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#21]
that was some great work by the cops.

Would have loved to see it.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the two cars in front of us were Nashua, NH police vehicles, and made a mental note.

So, WTF are valuable police department resources doing being driven 40 miles out of State and parked up in a garage for hours so a few cops can go to a game?

Not saying Cops don't have the right to go to a game on their own time, but why aren't they doing it in their own vehicles?

Take home cars to make up for crappy pay and/or enhance public safety by "showing the flag?"

ETA: We have take home cars here, for the second reason (pay is good). They just have to get permission from a supervisor to take the car out of the county.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had some "Troubled youth program" with about 6 to 8 yutes with them....  

ETA: I don't know exactly what program it was, but it was some youth program.  They were simply taking the kids to a game, probably with donated tickets given the location of the seats.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How does that song go?

Yes, that's it.  

What does AO mean?

Area of Operation
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How does that song go?

Yes, that's it.  

What does AO mean?

Area of Operation

But what does that mean?  Is that meaning the area that you focus your situational awareness on?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How does that song go?

Yes, that's it.  

What does AO mean?

Area of Operation

But what does that mean?  Is that meaning the area that you focus your situational awareness on?

Pretty much. It's the place where you are, the place(s) from which a threat might come. (In this context.)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

GO BRUINZ!

It is the Garden again, actually it is the TD Banknorth Garden.   They bought the naming rights after Fleet was bought out by Bank of America
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO BRUINZ!

It is the Garden again, actually it is the TD Banknorth Garden.   They bought the naming rights after Fleet was bought out by Bank of America

+1. I just googled "Boston Bruins" and came up with that.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[But what does that mean?  Is that meaning the area that you focus your situational awareness on?

Pretty much. It's the place where you are, the place(s) from which a threat might come. (In this context.)

+1
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#30]
We learned as kids don't fuck with the BPD as justice was handed out in the back of the Paddy Waggon.
It is an important lesson best learned young.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted: We learned as kids don't fuck with the BPD as justice was handed out in the back of the Paddy Waggon. It is an important lesson best learned young.
I thought it was at the back of the car "caah".
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea ya got twisted around at the back of the caah if you drank too much beeah and mouthed off  but you got throughly thumped like a pinball if you got dragged into the back of the waggon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top