Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 9:39:36 PM EDT
thislink was sent to me by an old friend this evening. It may be a dupe already but I didn't see it anywhere. I think it is bad politics to say he did anything because god told him to. I'm all for kicking their ass but I think we should be careful about telling the world that we are on a mission from god and just following his orders.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't believe everything you read… especially when the source of the supposed quote is the Palestinian Prime Minister.

This is a 2 year old bullshit retread story... this is about the 5th time the British press has reported this
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
to answer your question [and no I haven't read your link] because they needed their ass kicked.  That's why we went and that's why we're still there.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Don't believe everything you read… especially when the source of the supposed quote is the Palestinian Prime Minister

I haven't  found any confirmation either way after searching a bit, And I do have my doubts. I didn't know it was that old of a story, It was the first I had seen it. I was really looking for confirmation, one way or another, I guess I should have said that/.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the prime minister of Palestine was enjoying some Afghani opium during that meeting....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
What patty said, some folks just need killin!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh hell, let's just cut to the chase, the reason for this thread..................it's all Bush's fault.

There, feel better now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
The BBC?!?! The BBC that believes ANYTHING the Palestinians say? (even though their deceitful video propaganda has been exposed?)

The BBC that hates George Bush and everything he does?

The BBC that sneers at Americans' religiosity?

Total bullshit.  I dont believe any of this. Like the Dan Rather memos, it's the media telling a story they regard as a "truth", and uncritically using dubious sources to push a narrative they already think is objective truth and would tell you they personally believe it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Cause they didn't let us Desert Storm Vets completely out of our cages.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
To teach these people how to take a damn bath more than once a decade.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Oh hell, let's just cut to the chase, the reason for this thread..................it's all Bush's fault.

the reason for the post was to generate opinions about whether it's factual or not, not who's fault it is. I think most people really understand why we are there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Those in support of the war are not interested in the whys and wheretofores.  Those in favor of peace are hippies and deserve nothing less than death.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Those in favor of peace are hippies and deserve nothing less than death.

Are you being serious or just being a jackass? I hope most here favor peace when possible.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those in support of the war are not interested in the whys and wheretofores.  Those in favor of peace are hippies and deserve nothing less than death.

I bet Cindy Sheehan is your hero.

Is she still in jail
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Hopefully she's in the hospital having that hole under her nose sewn shut.

roger that
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#18]

why we are in iraq  

Because people who hate us live near by. Because the people who want me and you dead live just around the corner. It make it easy for us if they have a local place to engage us rather than them having to come to the US.  If you wanted to kill an America in the old days it was ALOT of work. Now just hop on your camel or take the bus over to the next country and there WE ARE. It makes it ALOT easier for us to find and kill them if they come to us. It makes it alot safer for the rest of us if the bad guys are ingaged overseas than looking for ways to come here and die.

Thats why we are there IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
to answer your question [and no I haven't read your link] because they needed their ass kicked.  That's why we went and that's why we're still there.

Patty

What she said!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Why are we in Iraq?

AND

Can you say strategic positioning?

Knight to B7; Check.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Don't believe everything you read… especially when the source of the supposed quote is the Palestinian Prime Minister

I haven't  found any confirmation either way after searching a bit, And I do have my doubts. I didn't know it was that old of a story, It was the first I had seen it. I was really looking for confirmation, one way or another, I guess I should have said that/.

This BS was first floated in 2003 and the White House denied then and a couple time since…

An Arab terrorist politician repeating what the President supposedly says to the European press... Sorry but you ought to know bullshit when you see it.

Here is today denial.

www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/07/051007131357.nstalu7a.html

White House denies Bush claimed divine inspiration
Oct 07 9:14 AM US/Eastern

The White House has denied that US President George W. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, as a new BBC documentary is expected to reveal.

"That's absurd. He's never made such comments," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Thursday.

The documentary series set to be broadcast later this month in Britain claims Bush made the claim when he met Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then-foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003.

He also told them he had been ordered by God to create a Palestinian state, the ministers said.

Shaath, now the Palestinian information minister, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God'".

"'God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.

"'And I did. And then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... ' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm al-Sheikh, recalled how the president told him: "'I have a moral and religious obligation'".

"'So I will get you a Palestinian state.'"

The three-part series, "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former US president Bill Clinton's talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip.

The series is due to begin airing Monday.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#23]
to answer your question [and no I haven't read your link] because they needed their ass kicked. That's why we went and that's why we're still there.

Patty

Whe arn't there more woman like you!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#24]

This BS was first floated in 2003 and the White House denied then a couple time since…

An Arab terrorist politician repeating what the supposedly President says to the European press... Sorry but you ought to know bullshit when you see it.

Here is today denial.

Thanks for the link, I'll send it to my lefty friend that sent me the article. It was the first time I had seen it and considering that the guy who sent it to me hates gwb it was suspect from the start .He buys into all the conspiracy theories and leftist propaganda. Like I said earlier I was looking for a source to confirm or deny. I couldn't really picture him telling anyone that with a straight face + it would even cause a lot of his supporters to question his actions.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet Cindy Sheehan is your hero.

er, I thought we were all in favour of peace, _after_ getting the job done properly?

/PHil
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I liked the doonesbury comment myself, that said that we have 150,000 troops trying to not get killed over there so that we can not get killed over here.

NTM
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Cause they didn't let us Desert Storm Vets completely out of our cages.

Exactly.
And because Bush I sold out the Kurds and the other Iraqis who rose up against Saddam with our promises of air support.
Air support which never came.
I am truely ashamed of that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/mideastmap.gif

Where is Kurdistan on that map? Wait, nevermind, we are still trying to hold "Iraq" together. Maybe we should try to reassemble Yugoslavia, or better yet, the Austro-Hungarian Empire...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

why we are in iraq  

Because people who hate us live near by. Because the people who want me and you dead live just around the corner. It make it easy for us if they have a local place to engage us rather than them having to come to the US.  If you wanted to kill an America in the old days it was ALOT of work. Now just hop on your camel or take the bus over to the next country and there WE ARE. It makes it ALOT easier for us to find and kill them if they come to us. It makes it alot safer for the rest of us if the bad guys are ingaged overseas than looking for ways to come here and die.

Are you really afraid of the Iraqis and the Afghanis?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#30]
1)some people just need to die 2) Sadam didnt know what size shoe we had on untill he had to pull it out of his ass. 3) oil damnt oil 4)if the UN would enforce there sanctions we wouldnt have to 5) to use them terrorist hunting permits we all got after 9/11. 6) SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO DIE!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#32]
www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/10/20051006-3.html

... Fourth, we're determined to deny the militants control of any nation, which they would use as a home base and a launching pad for terror. For this reason, we're fighting beside our Afghan partners against remnants of the Taliban and their al Qaeda allies. For this reason, we're working with President Musharraf to oppose and isolate the militants in Pakistan. And for this reason, we're fighting the regime remnants and terrorists in Iraq. The terrorist goal is to overthrow a rising democracy, claim a strategic country as a haven for terror, destabilize the Middle East, and strike America and other free nations with ever-increasing violence. Our goal is to defeat the terrorists and their allies at the heart of their power -- and so we will defeat the enemy in Iraq. ...
Straight from President GW Bush himself.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Why are we in Iraq?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/0377292231_600.jpg

AND

Can you say strategic positioning?

Knight to B7; Check.

Bingo!

By forging a democracy and ally in the strategically important country of IRAQ, we will foster positive change in all middle eastern politics. In addition, we create a military buffer between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Anyone that ponders long term strategic change in the middle east sees that Iraq is the key.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why we are in iraq  

Are you really afraid of the Iraqis and the Afghanis?

That is one of your stupider comments and that is saying something.

Al-Qaeda are not the the Iraqis and the Afghanis.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

This BS was first floated in 2003 and the White House denied then a couple time since…

An Arab terrorist politician repeating what the supposedly President says to the European press... Sorry but you ought to know bullshit when you see it.

Here is today denial.

Thanks for the link, I'll send it to my lefty friend that sent me the article. It was the first time I had seen it and considering that the guy who sent it to me hates gwb it was suspect from the start .He buys into all the conspiracy theories and leftist propaganda. Like I said earlier I was looking for a source to confirm or deny. I couldn't really picture him telling anyone that with a straight face + it would even cause a lot of his supporters to question his actions.

Guess what.  Denials of this will fall on deaf ears on the Bush haters.  They will pound this into the ground regardless if there is any truth to it or not.  It doesn't matter.  They are the ones in denial, a complete denial of reality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top