Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 9:28:41 PM EDT
Okay I have a Cannon safe and yesterday when I went to close it I noticed that it would not lock when the door was shut. I could lock it with the door open but not when it was shut.I could move the handle back and forth. When I opened the door I could lock the bolts. Well finally I shut the door part way and moved the handle to the lock position and the bolts engaged the corner a little and slowly I eased the door shut while moving the handle fully to the lock position. It locked. Now today I went to open it again to put some goodies in there that I did not want the wife to see and now the electronic pad does not recognize my code! I kept entering the code until it shut me out for five minutes and when I was able to reenter it I tried to reset the code by pressing six 0s and then enter the code....nada...nothing...zip. Well I entered six 0s again and when it was ready I hit the "old" code that came with the safe, 123456...nothing...nada...zip.

I have not had any problems and I need to mention ever since I got the safe I keep the key pad unplugged because it eats  one 9 volt a week by just being idle. I don't think this has anything to do with it and yes I did put a freash battery in it.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Has anyone had this problem?

BTW my pad  looks like this:

C0E            C= Clear   E= Enter

TIA
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
1 battery a week!

you're lock is messed up man, I use 1 battery a year in my Heritage safe with an S/G lock.  Get a hold of Cannon, their warranty is supposed to be pretty good
www.cannonsafe.com/
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
OOOh, I guess its a +1 for the old combination lock then eh? That would suck. Be thankful this didn't happen when someone was trying to kill you and rape your family. At least you can be thankful for that.

Edited to add: Hey, Thats me up there !
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
 If the manual it came with can't help it has to be the lock itself. It should also not eat batteries that fast. I just bought a Cannon Safe a month or so ago and am on the same 9volt battery. Maybe Try giving them a call.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I made sure the door was locked before I left. I would rather have a few weapons secured then to have some one steal them while I was gone. I'll contact Cannon safe. Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
  This is exactly why I went with a Mechanical SG lock.  Good luck Ghostface
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
you either clean your guns WAY to much or you need to get a life and stop showing off your collection

+1 on the year batttery life
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my mechanical.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#9]
wow, im glad they sent me the mechanical lock on accident when i was supposed to get a digital with my cannon. i was pissed off at first, good luck anyhow.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
The safe should return to its default factory code, which sometimes is related to its serial number.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top