Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:24:00 PM EDT
What did you buy and or how much did you spend?

I just bought a couple new pocket knives that I really don't need, but I liked them for their looks and feel in my hand. Spent about $200.00 for a Benchmade Presidio and a Spyderco Native.  This after I bought another Benchmade a few weeks ago for a new every day carry knife.   Which is when I saw the ones I got today.  I guess I have a couple back ups now.

ETA the picture of my current waste of money. I'll never carry three knives.  $300 worth of toys that will probably end up in a drawer.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Have you ever bought something just for the Neat-O factor?  

Of courese! Lol, have you looked at the threads here?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Have you ever bought something just for the Neat-O factor?  

Lol, have you looked at the threads here?

big +1. Half the stuff I ever bought was for the neato factor
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to plunk down 2300 bucks tomorrow for a Sony 3 LCD projector 50 inch HDTV.  And directv only has 6 HD channels?  I must be a fucking moron, but you only live once I guess.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup. I paid $25 for a titanium spork.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
... Only during my 20's, 30's and half my 40's
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Recently?

iPod
Giant bayonet for my IAC Trench Gun
Nagant Revolver (still don't have ammo for it)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Gem-tech, $1044, two cans, overtime money.  Just because I can.

(I put it off too long........)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeez,

Almost anything with the words "tactical", "super", "ultra", "sniper", "Police" etc...

I bought a Remington "Police Sniper" rifle in 300 Remington "Ultra Mag".  I put it in a "Ultimate Sniper" stock and mounted a Tasco "Super Sniper" scope on it.

Then I put a Knights Armament RIS on my AR-15 carbine without having anything to hang off of it.

I'm a Marketing employees wet dream.

I'm better now though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted: What did you buy and or how much did you spend?
I bought the HEAT 2-disc DVD Special Edition for $20 at a Buy/Sell/Trade video store. HEAT isn't even carried by the Blockbusters around here, weird huh?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Always

In the last few months

MP3 player $200
Gerstner tool chest (kit) $480
used arc welder $50
98 Jeep Wrangler $6000
Cisco 2912 switch $180 & 2620 router $320
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Smith and Wesson 500 Magnum.

Thompson Encore 30-06 Pistol.

Magnum Research BFR 45-70.

thier bullets will never be killing a bear or lion but ill be damned if firing one of em doesnt cause someone at the range to go WTF WAS THAT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#13]
We're MEN! We're bred for neat-o, dagnabbit!

(Something tells me the results would be vastly different if you were to ask this same question in the Women's Forum.)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#14]
After seeing Tremors 4 I want a Punt Gun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I must have one of those.  Someday.

Actually, I need a whole set of sporks to match our silverware...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Smith and Wesson 500 Magnum.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/zer04evr/Guns/500Magnum.jpg
]

I'm waiting for hollywierd to come out with a Dirty Hary remake with that as his chosen sidearm...

ETA: Snubnose of course, so he can fit it into the holster
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Bought a Kahr PM9 and Kel-Tec Sub2k in the same trip to Denny's Guns...$900 after tax

Never shoot either one of them
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I recently purchased this Smith & Wesson .460XVR -

$1075 for everything in the picture (including all ammo).

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I just picked up a stainless sig 220 for no good reason
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I limit myself to purchasing only items that go "click".
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got one of those surplus German Kevlar helmets from SG for the heck of it. I have a few steel pots but this is the first Kevlar brain bucket I gotten. The shell is used, but it looks to have a brand new replacment liner and sweatband as it is perfectly clean and in perfect shape. The outside shell has a few scuffs and such. Now I need to find a nice Flectar cover for it. If not, I will make one out of a surplus German camo shirt.

Since it is a NATO helmet, I wonder if it comparable to PASGT level or better.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#22]
My parents had a second kid JUST so they could have spawn who loved cool shit. I am a demi-god of want. My sister wants nothing except clothes, I want guns and TVs and technology beyond my bloodline's wildest dreams.

What is more is I am almost jewish with saving money so even at a young age I could obtain all sorts of this cool shit. Hail to the king, baby.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Cameras?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cameras?

Guns click, knives (folders, butterflies), etc.  Lately it is flashlights.

Cameras as well, though i am not a huge junkie in that regard(digital cameras are not all that clicky, and I hate dealing with film).  I just came to the conclusion that all my interests make clicking noises in one way or another.  I like loading mags almost as much as emptying them.  I'll flick a bic till my thumb bleeds (I purposely  stay away from zippos because I know I would go nuts), and stay away from me when I have a ball point pen. clickckickclickclickclick. I have a callous from flicking thumbstud knives open.

I love dryfiring guns for hours on end.  The ratcheting of a cylinder around on a revolver makes me tingle.  I am near rapture racking a shotty, and don't forget the gritty klackklack of a stamped receiver AK.  I need to get a break open with auto ejectors next for the added climax at the end, the clickPOP of the gun breaking open and the empty shells flying free.  

One of the salient features of my wife is that some of her jewelry clicks against my teeth.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#25]
fn2000 or whatever its called, still waiting for when its going to be released.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cameras?

Guns click, knives (folders, butterflies), etc.  Lately it is flashlights.

Cameras as well, though i am not a huge junkie in that regard(digital cameras are not all that clicky, and I hate dealing with film).  I just came to the conclusion that all my interests make clicking noises in one way or another.  I like loading mags almost as much as emptying them.  I'll flick a bic till my thumb bleeds (I purposely  stay away from zippos because I know I would go nuts), and stay away from me when I have a ball point pen. clickckickclickclickclick. I have a callous from flicking thumbstud knives open.

I love dryfiring guns for hours on end.  The ratcheting of a cylinder around on a revolver makes me tingle.  I am near rapture racking a shotty, and don't forget the gritty klackklack of a stamped receiver AK.  I need to get a break open with auto ejectors next for the added climax at the end, the clickPOP of the gun breaking open and the empty shells flying free.  

One of the salient features of my wife is that some of her jewelry clicks against my teeth.

"Yeah man, I tell ya what, man.....That dang ol' Internet, man.....You just go on there and point and click.....Talk about W-W-dot-W-com....An' lotsa nekkid chicks on there, man... Click... Click... Click... Click.. Click.. It's real easy man."
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#27]
My MAC 11/9 submachine gun.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:01:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Whats that third knife down in the picture?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Geek!!!   I only paid $10 for mine
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:45:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I just bought a Xing dynasty jian blade* that I hope to have restored to nearly new condition!  I also hope to eventually use it for Tai Chi practice.

To add to the neato factor this blade has seen action!  There is one spot where damage to the blade has been locally polished out and there are several "nicks" in the cutting edge.  

*  Translation:  A double-edged, straight cut-and-thrust sword forged in China between 1644 and 1911.  Most likely in the late 1800's.   Wrongly referred to in the current martial arts world as a "Tai Chi sword".   This was the type of sword that was carried by the "gentlemen" of the upper levels of society for self-protection, dueling, and as a status symbol.

It will look very similar to this when restored:

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Whats that third knife down in the picture?

Spyderco Native with the black blade (model C41PSBBK).  It's the least expensive of the three. Can be had for $70-$75 depending on where you buy it.  Little less ($60-$65) for the regular stainless blade. The blade is S30V steel.  Spyderco also make a cheaper version in VG-10 steel, slightly different grip called the Native III for $45-$50.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top