Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 4:20:08 PM EDT
OU bombers roommate , supposedly a middle eastern man, was questioned once , has fled, police unable to find him. Is there more to the story.?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm on it. Lets load up

Haven't hear this yet
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi, welcome to the site. Where'd you get that?

Edited to sound less snobby
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
They need to clean out that mosque up the street or start "watching" them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
A reliable source in OCPD.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
After 9/11 a few students trashed thier mosk I remember. They were so mad. They started holding muslim understanding classes on campus that the university paid for

We don't have a large muslim pop here, but they do have a mosk on the corner of campus.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OU bombers roommate , supposedly a middle eastern man, was questioned once , has fled, police unable to find him. Is there more to the story.?

He's in Mexico City hoping a flight to a non muslim 3rd country before returning to pakistan.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Abu Radlee?  I heard he had escaped to the Deep South.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
After 9/11 a few students trashed thier mosk I remember. They were so mad. They started holding muslim understanding classes on campus that the university paid for

We don't have a large muslim pop here, but they do have a mosk on the corner of campus.

Because middle-eastern sources give HUGE amounts of money to the campus...

Taken literally, it means that your safety is less concerning to the Dean than that new library.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link please.  I can't find any news stories about this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Link please.  I can't find any news stories about this.

a link to this?

shit, i couldnt even find a link to the actual bombing story anywhere.     AR15.com seems to be the only place talking about it.

hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I remember a whole crapload of them being on Lindsey St  just east of that old Irish bar and grill, this was back in the late 80's prolly has gotten worse...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The cops found a ticket to Algeria in his name.  I wonder why he was going there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Uhhhhh........I think his name was Fazal M. Cheema

Bomber's Roommate Held Briefly After Attack

October 5, 2005
www.channeloklahoma.com/news/5060237/detail.html
NORMAN, Okla. -- The Pakistani roommate of a man authorities said died when he detonated an explosive device outside a crowded football stadium was led in handcuffs from a party shortly after Saturday's explosion, the head of an Islamic student group said.

Fazal M. Cheema, a finance major, shared a university-owned apartment with Joel Hinrichs III, 21, who died Saturday when a device attached to his body exploded as he sat on a bench outside George Lynn Cross Hall.

Cheema and three other Muslim students were led in handcuffs from a party by police after the blast, Ashraf Hussein, president of the Muslim Student Association, said Tuesday. They later were released.

Cheema is "a really, really nice guy," Hussein said.

OU President David Boren said authorities continue to believe that Hinrichs did not try to get into the stadium and that he acted alone. He said Hinrichs' roommate, along with his acquaintances, were questioned by federal authorities.

"All the people who lived in that building, all the people that lived in the building surrounding it, all the people who knew him well or were living in proximity to him ... have been questioned; none of those people have been held by law enforcement," Boren said.

The FBI said in a statement Tuesday that there is no current threat posed by additional explosive materials, that there is no known threat from anyone else related to the incident and that there is no known link between Hinrichs and any terrorist or extremist organization or activities.

Hinrichs' father, Joel Hinrichs Jr., said the FBI re-interviewed him Tuesday at his home in Colorado Springs, Colo. The father told investigators his son was skeptical of ideology.

"Joe would have become a Muslim fanatic when pigs fly," the father side.

Meanwhile, Norman feed store operator Dustin Ellison said Hinrichs attempted to purchase ammonium nitrate a few days before the explosion.

Ellison, whose family operates Ellison Feed and Seed, said the store no longer carries the product because of new federal guidelines regarding its sale. Ammonium nitrate can be used to build bombs and was a key ingredient in the 1995 attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Hinrichs' father said the FBI told him the bomb his son had was made of hydrogen peroxide. He said the FBI told him more high-density hydrogen peroxide was found in the apartment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top