Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 2:25:52 PM EDT
Got some cabover trucks. Some bad people stole 2 brand new ones out of one of them.  

gas I can understand but batteries? I hope it fits thier vehicle.

ever had a battery stolen?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
my dad had a battery stolen out of his caddy in the 70's and my brother in-law had one stolen out of his F250 in the early 80's. Crack head crimes replaced by meth head crime?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I know two people who have had their cars stolen in the last few months, 1 was recovered only missing the battery, the other missing the rims/tires and battery.

I just got back from buying a new battery since the old one was bad

Fucking people these days....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Got some cabover trucks. Some bad people stole 2 brand new ones out of one of them.  

gas I can understand but batteries? I hope it fits thier vehicle.

ever had a battery stolen?

No, I have never had a vehicle battery stolen. I have had much stolen / pinched / lifted from various businesses but, I digress.

Petroleum, it too, I cannot understand the theft of such, for the net gain is little, no retirement, a better way of life, 'easy street', 'cash for life', it shall not be the end result.

I understand I am old and somewhat 'out of touch' with the normal day-to-day traffic of society but, I am somewhat curious. Batteries, for such a vehicle their worth would be a couple of hundred dollars, for lack of knowing, let's say five hundred? I see little gained in the grand scheme of matters, especially when it boils down to the karma factor.

Perhaps it is a good thing such an old man does not have the button at his disposal.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't those truck batteries like huge MOFO's
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Size 27. Pretty big. Mitsu cabover? So are mine
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I friend of mine had his battery stolen.  The ass cut the cables.  He went to Sears and got a new one.  

The next morning, he found his old battery in front of his truck and the new battery was gone.  They cut the cables again.  

He said, he would have bought the ass a new battery if he wouldn't have cut the cables two times.  It would have been cheaper.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Generally related: not batteries, but cat-convertors.
The St Louis newspaper a couple weeks back had a story about the rising problem of people leaving their cars in area commuter parking lots in somewhat-remote areas (mostly overnight) and finding their catalytic convertors sawed out when they returned. The newspaper said the selling price at junkyards was like $50, the average buying price at the dealerships was $400+....
?
I'd be wondering what the salvage yards are selling them for myself. That detail was not related in the story.
~~~~~
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Here in mid Michigan theft is rising rapidly.  We're 50th in the nation in unemployment & not looking good for the near future.  

Gas station drive offs.  Theft of tires & rims from county pickup.  Local mechanic had a B&E, $15,000 in tools and test equipment stolen.

We have a bunk we throw scrap copper cable into.  Last week every bit of it was taken.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry mine went dead and I needed to borrow yours. I'll drop it off tomorrow afternoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top