Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 1:55:50 PM EDT
I have a dial up connection. I know but I'm not online enough to justify the cost of a faster connection. Anyway last night when got online and headed here to ARFCOM I noticed webpages were loading real slow. Here in the forums it takes almost 45 seconds to load a page. The little icon on the bottom toolbar of my computer says I'm connected at 53.2 kbps. I tried to log in using a different access phone number. No good. Still slow. I tried other websites they load slow also. I have antivirus ( McAfee) running and did a scan an no viruses. Anyone have any idea what my problem might be? TIA for your help
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You could be affected by this, although not sure since you use dial-up.

news.com.com/Network+feud+leads+to+Net+blackout/2100-1038_3-5889592.html?tag=nefd.top
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was having (more) problems than "usual" not long ago. I ran my Ad-Aware SE Pro, and stinger (Ad-Aware found SEVERAL problems - Stinger - NADA,) also ran Ad-Watch SE Pro. That seemed to speed things up. But I'm not all THAT "technical" when it comes to computers - shoot, my computer is OLD. (like...3-4 years old, anyway. And it wasn't "the top of the line" when I bought it - it was a model that was like 1 year old, give or take.) So.... at least this is a "bump" maybe a tecno will be along in a bit and have even better suggestions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top