Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/6/2005 3:59:50 AM EDT
In the morning when his eyes open, so does his mouth.

Maybe if we feed him less?...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:00:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Call his dad to come get him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ambien    that'll keep him busy.....SLEEPIN' !!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

HAHAHAHAAH   too fuckin' funny!  

LB
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Nah... just call his dad and let him talk to him... every time
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#5]
That's what kids do...

Talk continually...  and break things...  and make messes...  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Kids are kids, wait until the terrible 2s set in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:09:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They don't make them any other way.  And quit shoplifing the pootie.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Next time, pick some pussy that hasn't been used, yet.

The kid is being a kid. You're an adult. Deal with it.

Sorry, but since I don't get to see my toddlers much, complaints like this kinda don't do much to evoke my sympathy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

and after that come the Terrible 3's

and then the Terrible 4's

and then the Terrible 5's

and you ain't seen shi'ite until they hit their Terrible Teens!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh no, another child with diarrhea of the mouth!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:18:38 AM EDT
[#12]
The price you have to pay to play with the box he came in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WOW!!!!  pwned!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Wait till he turns 15 and tries to beat you down. Find a woman without a kid
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I had two that were like that. Find things that hold his interest even for a short time and give it to him. His mind is a sponge at this time and he is trying to communicate what he is picking up.  give him things to learn and question and you set the stage for the future. Be prepaired for questions of "why"  this is one of the most majicial times
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:23:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#17]
You best either get used to it, or hit the dusty trail while you still can.  If you decide to stay, ear plugs do wonders.  I've put my time in, and it was worth it in the long run.  Make no mistake, you have a tough row to hoe....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Have any kids of your own?

If so, Zaphod is so RIGHT - I walked in those shoes before he.

Move on or stop complaining; kids will be kids - adults should make adult decisions (I'll take her, the one with out the kids - which I did).
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Give him to your daughter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:29:12 AM EDT
[#20]
What I can't understand is even after explaining how some people's sense of humor work, there are still questions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like a pretty healthy situation...you can leave anytimes you want.
Pretty convenient, huh?
Any one who say's living like that doesn't mess up the kid a little more is ignorant, especially when the next couple of live in/sleep overs leave.
Have fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Damn, he's just a kid, that's what they do. If you don't believe me, call your mom and ask her.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:40:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Someday when you're alone, shitting yourself and rotting in a nursing home, you'll wish to God you could hear a child's voice.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Give him to your daughter.

LOL pwned.
I was going to say it if no one else did.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Some of you have a remarkable ability to find a dark side in every lighthearted comment.

For the more literal-minded among you, I don't really think we should feed him less to keep him quiet. Usually.

Glad I didn't post a pic of me giving him shaken-baby syndrome again.

(Kidding! Just kidding!)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Be glad you didnt have three daughters. That was fun. Still is.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:01:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Be glad you didnt have three daughters. That was fun. Still is.

I DO have three daughters. The babbling toddler is a bonus.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:02:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
....post a pic of me giving him shaken-baby syndrome again.

You heartless bastard!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Glad I didn't post a pic of me giving him shaken-baby syndrome again.

Pleaseeee!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....post a pic of me giving him shaken-baby syndrome again.

You heartless bastard!  

You just beat me!

Damn!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That's what kids do...

..............That pretty much what my 2 yr old does...........if she is up, her mouth is running ,and so are her hands and feet!!!.Get used to it......Last evening after work I had to put a new support post under the deck...So I used a jack to lift the center of the deck, to give clearance for the post to be put in...............Well the Wife and Daughter come out to see Daddy......I go to get the wrench to lower the deck......No wrench.........Daughter has it using it as a hammer to hit the barn........trying to be helpfull ya know...................So I get wrench back, but have to give up my hammer to keep the peace!!!...Gotta love it!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:08:07 AM EDT
[#33]
And he never will.  You're going to have to deal with it or eject.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:08:52 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a 4 yr. old, 2 yr old and a 5 month old  that I watch during the day while my wife teaches school..I hand them off at 3 then I work evenings....I'm sorry, sleep deprivation caused me to lose my train of thought..I forgot what my point was
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep. Less sugar, more exercise.

You know those things they put horses on to make 'em run around in circles in the paddock? Try one of those.

Oh, and make sure you take him off when he gets too tired to run and starts getting dragged around in a circle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Wait till he is a teen.  But benedryl is your friend.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yep. Less sugar, more exercise.

You know those things they put horses on to make 'em run around in circles in the paddock? Try one of those.

Oh, and make sure you take him off when he gets too tired to run and starts getting dragged around in a circle.

Thats great!!

Travis
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:15:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Yup... that's a toddler.

"Daaaaadddddyyyyyy,   Ba bada esa sha ba da ba ba da.    Daaaaadddddyyyyy,  Eye wan dink.    Daaaadddddyyyy, Eye wan dink.  Eye wan dink.  Eye wan diiiiinnnnnnnnkkkkkk.   Tank ouh.   Ov ouh"

It's the "Tank ouh" (Thank You), and "Ov ouh" (Love You) that keeps her alive most days.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
....I go to get the wrench to lower the deck......No wrench.........Daughter has it using it as a hammer to hit the barn........trying to be helpfull ya know...................So I get wrench back, but have to give up my hammer to keep the peace!!!...

Reminds me of the time my daughter took the hose into the garage and washed my power tools for me. It was even worse than when my mouth guard was flushed down the toilet.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Here are my recommendations...

1) Heavy sedation.... for the toddler, of course.  At least until you get two cups of coffee in.  Also works well when you need an afternoon nap.

2) Once you wake up and he shakes off his chemical coma, put him outside.  I know, I know... young kid, dangerous times... but trust me.  Cordon off a patch of grass in the front yard and tell him to "Stay!"  To further enforce your wishes, surround the area with hotwire.  Keeps the kid in and marauding ferrel animals and pedophiles out.

3) Last but not least.... the mall.  Or gym.  Both places often have "play areas" for kids.  VERY convenient.  You can drop the little ones off and spend the afternoon kid-free knowing that they are in a controlled environment.  The other cool thing is if you weren't really happy with your own kid you can always exchange them for another one at the same place!  How great is that??  

You more-or-less just described my typical dating relationship.

Maybe I should rethink the age group I deal with...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
That's what kids do...

Kind of like Naval Aviators.

You two are a match.  Are you sure it's not really your kid and you're just in deniel?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:23:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yes, but when do they END?!?!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The kid is being a kid. You're an adult. Deal with it.

Sorry, but since I don't get to see my toddlers much, complaints like this kinda don't do much to evoke my sympathy.

The GF just read your post over my shoulder. Her comment was "Bet his mother is real proud."
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#44]
As the way most of us know you Rodent, several of us have said the same thing about your family.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:28:39 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I have a 4 yr. old, 2 yr old and a 5 month old  that I watch during the day while my wife teaches school..I hand them off at 3 then I work evenings....I'm sorry, sleep deprivation caused me to lose my train of thought..I forgot what my point was

It's time to take you to the vet's and get you fixed  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's time to take you to the vet's and get you fixed  

I got that done a few months ago a few weeks before my 40th B-Day
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I got one of these.  They're great!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yeah,  women should be put to death immediately if things don't work out with thier husband.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Count your blessings, my boy didn't talk for the first 4 years and then once he did couldn't because he lacked the jaw muscles needed to say words.  To build up his jaw muscles we had to endure hours of endless Harmonic playing and Whistle blowing!  About drove me nuts!  

Patty
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Count your blessings, my boy didn't talk for the first 4 years and then once he did couldn't because he lacked the jaw muscles needed to say words.  To build up his jaw muscles we had to endure hours of endless Harmonic playing and Whistle blowing!  About drove me nuts!  

Patty

Things OK now patty? 100%?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top