Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 11:37:33 PM EDT
I go a few mins ago to get soaked with rain and bring my friend some gas, while Im sitting across the road at a light I watch the police drive by, spotlight a car lot, drive foward spotlight another then drive on and turn down another road.  Ignnore the car in the street with the hazard light on.

Later on when Im sitting there, see anther car drive by keep going.  Expect they would have been happy to help me if I didnt wait for the light to make that left or did 50.

Dont bother tryting to go after the methheads who steal stuff, lets stop someone for doing 12 over on an empty road.

Also dont stop those mexicans who drive around for months with no tag on the car, make sure to stop you for doing over in that school zone with the light on at 11pm.

Let me do one thing not even something bad (take out vengance on someone) let me do something like haul some furniture without a trap they will be ready to stop me though, Im sure they would be glad to put forth lots of effort if I commit a real crime
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cars stop all the time and put they're hazzards on.  People with kids that are be routy, looking at a map, peeing along side a road, or taking sparky for a walk to do this dirty work.  If the car is there later it will be noted.  Did anyone near the car signal for help? Did it look like a bad situation?

The officers do have a job to do, they could have even been looking for someone at the time.

The person could also have already radioed for a tow truck or already talked to the police.

I'm not just sticking up for them because they are cops.  The police have done many bad things that I read about ;)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Drink a beer or six.

Besides he prolly saw your fort on the web and didn't feel like fucking with you and getting his ass kicked.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Drink a beer or six.

Besides he prolly saw your fort on the web and didn't feel like fucking with you and getting his ass kicked.

No beer just hard Liqour if Im not pissed about something what reason do I have to go on
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just about out of wine over here.  That thought is pretty depressing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Drink a beer or six.

No beer just hard Liqour if Im not pissed about something what reason do I have to go on

OK then drink the hard shit.  It will just put more wind in your sails.  Then you can have fun pissing off people at the local Walfart.  Or Build another fort and snipe asshole drivers from the battlements.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I go a few mins ago to get soaked with rain and bring my friend some gas, while Im sitting across the road at a light I watch the police drive by, spotlight a car lot, drive foward spotlight another then drive on and turn down another road.  Ignnore the car in the street with the hazard light on.

Later on when Im sitting there, see anther car drive by keep going.  Expect they would have been happy to help me if I didnt wait for the light to make that left or did 50.

Dont bother tryting to go after the methheads who steal stuff, lets stop someone for doing 12 over on an empty road.

Also dont stop those mexicans who drive around for months with no tag on the car, make sure to stop you for doing over in that school zone with the light on at 11pm.

Let me do one thing not even something bad (take out vengance on someone) let me do something like haul some furniture without a trap they will be ready to stop me though, Im sure they would be glad to put forth lots of effort if I commit a real crime

Chill out Tman, the issues you raise are more based on politics and orders from higher-ups than anything else.  It sounds like the patrol you saw was told or knew to check out those lots and you can't honestly expect a single patrol to be actively raiding a meth lab... that would be a special operation.

Not busting illegals?  Join the club if you want to complain about that... it is a problem that is political in nature.  Even if he hauls them off they will just be released... but he still has mounds of paperwork because of it.  When that situation gets worked out in Washington you'll see changes.

Towns (at least in my area) focus heavily on enforcing traffic laws in school zones... it isn't like the cops you speak of wake up every morning hoping to bust you for speeding.

And what indication was there that your friend's car was in distress?  Some folks pull over and put on the flashers just so they can safely change a CD or use a cell phone.  Without orange flags or flailing hands, who is to think something is wrong?

Either way, I hope I have a buddy like you that is willing to get soaked and bring me some gas .

- BG
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm drinking some Yager and Bass Ale, what about you?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chill out Tman, the issues you raise are more based on politics and orders from higher-ups than anything else.  It sounds like the patrol you saw was told or knew to check out those lots and you can't honestly expect a single patrol to be actively raiding a meth lab... that would be a special operation.

Not busting illegals?  Join the club if you want to complain about that... it is a problem that is political in nature.  Even if he hauls them off they will just be released... but he still has mounds of paperwork because of it.  When that situation gets worked out in Washington you'll see changes.

Towns (at least in my area) focus heavily on enforcing traffic laws in school zones... it isn't like the cops you speak of wake up every morning hoping to bust you for speeding.

And what indication was there that your friend's car was in distress?  Some folks pull over and put on the flashers just so they can safely change a CD or use a cell phone.  Without orange flags or flailing hands, who is to think something is wrong?

Either way, I hope I have a buddy like you that is willing to get soaked and bring me some gas .

- BG

Well someone standing outside their car facing the road at 3am in the rain looks abit strange.

The school zone stops Im referring to were at 11pm not during the dayt or even close to school times.

There are the same damn meth and crackholes that have been there for 5-10 years, everyone knows they are there.  Go drive downthere and come out you might get stopped then if you dont match the area, as for messing with the people in them or regulars they never get touched,

Wish I didnt have to pay for vehicle registration, insurance or license and could drive around as I please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top