Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 9:17:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Hollywood has to ruin a another great franchise.  Consider Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat and others.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
All of which were neither directed nor produced by Peter Jackson.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a L.O.T.R. or fantasy fan in general.  Not to mention the C.G. aliens will look ridiculous, never mind the fact Halo is a pretty good story they will likely butcher.  I want to see the Elites from the movie and I do not want to see Tom Cruise or the Rock as the MasterChief, quite frankly I think tyhe voice should just be dubbed since you do not see the chiefs face anyway.  What about the Arbitor that ought to be laughable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Good news would be NO movie....
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Good story??

It's a video game for gosh sake.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I never played the 2nd Halo yet.  But I loved the first Halo.  The story and game play really got me into the game :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good story??

Kind of a soft epic.  Hero amongst a vast struggle, in this case invading aliens, in Halo 2 civil war starts among the invading.  A 3way war on screen would be interesting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The ONLY way this is going to not suck is if they LEAVE THE GODDAMN STORY ALONE AND STICK TO WHAT MADE THE GAME WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT show Master Chief, use the orginal game voice talent, keep the "relationship" between Cortanna and Master Chief as it was and don't go off on some fucking "artistic" tangent.  Don't rewrite the whole thing to "improve" it for those who've never seen the game.

The game worked and is still popular because of the story and the characters (and gameplay - natch).  Typical Hollyweird dosen't give a flying rat-fuck about that, all they want is the name recogintion to put asses in the seats for opening weekend.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]

the Rock as the MasterChief

He is in the "DOOM" movie
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

the Rock as the MasterChief

He is in the "DOOM" movie

I am aware of that this has not even started production much less filming, I just do not want this screwed up by what hollywood would think is "Suitable talent".
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The ONLY way this is going to not suck is if they LEAVE THE GODDAMN STORY ALONE AND STICK TO WHAT MADE THE GAME WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT show Master Chief, use the orginal game voice talent, keep the "relationship" between Cortanna and Master Chief as it was and don't go off on some fucking "artistic" tangent.  Don't rewrite the whole thing to "improve" it for those who've never seen the game.

The game worked and is still popular because of the story and the characters (and gameplay - natch).  Typical Hollyweird dosen't give a flying rat-fuck about that, all they want is the name recogintion to put asses in the seats for opening weekend.

the game worked for the same reason Golden eye 007 worked on the n64 it was a FPS that any idiot could pick up and play. The Controlls were easy to learn and it had great multiplayer support,
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Good story??

Gotta agree here, as a HALO fan and player of many video games.  What makes for a reasonably compelling storyline in a video game so far has not appeared to be a compelling story for a movie.

I've got faith in PJ after LOTR, and I'd rather see him give this a whack than a lot of other people but I kindof just wish they'd not done it at all.

Can you imagine how laughable a Max Payne movie would be?  Seriously, just imagine sitting through the neuar dialogue for 2 hours.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good story??

Gotta agree here, as a HALO fan and player of many video games.  What makes for a reasonably compelling storyline in a video game so far has not appeared to be a compelling story for a movie.

I've got faith in PJ after LOTR, and I'd rather see him give this a whack than a lot of other people but I kindof just wish they'd not done it at all.

Can you imagine how laughable a Max Payne movie would be?  Seriously, just imagine sitting through the neuar dialogue for 2 hours.  

Its not just a game, its also a couple of extremely well-written novels.  I think that the story is on par with anything else out there, it just needs to be executed properly.  Hopefully, Peter Jackson can pull it off.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Its not just a game, its also a couple of extremely well-written novels.  I think that the story is on par with anything else out there, it just needs to be executed properly.  Hopefully, Peter Jackson can pull it off.

I had not considered the novels.  They would probably lead to a better movie.  I wonder if they'd be aiming for something those who follow the HALO universe will recognize or if it will be a completely new storyline.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:05:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I never played the 2nd Halo yet.  But I loved the first Halo.  The story and game play really got me into the game :)

If you want to continue to love HALO...DO NOT PLAY HALO 2!!!  Ever since I played HALO 2 I haven't gone back to either.  HALO 2 RUINED everything that was good about HALO.

I still want my own Ringworld.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:14:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want to continue to love HALO...DO NOT PLAY HALO 2!!!  Ever since I played HALO 2 I haven't gone back to either.  HALO 2 RUINED everything that was good about HALO.

I still want my own Ringworld.

I agree.  HALO 2 was an awful followup.  Cheesed up for the masses.

I, uh, don't need my own ring world, tho.

I finished HALO2 in a few hours...and then put HALO back in for some REAL fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#18]
 I would love my own Ringworld....I'd stock it with lots of Woodchucks, Prairie dogs, Chickens and Monkeys.....

and an endless supply of .300 Win mag ammo......

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:31:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I finished HALO2 in a few hours...and then put HALO back in for some REAL fun.

Oh for Pete's sake, BOTH OF THEM ARE THE SAME GAME! If you get upset over the story then you should learn to lighten up a little. Halo 1 & 2 are both excellent games because of the gameplay, not the story (which is formulaic and cheesy and most all of the characters are beaten-to-death cliches).
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#20]
why?  there's red vs blue.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:33:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hollywood has to ruin a another great franchise.  Consider Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat and others.

Yeah because Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat both had such profound story arcs and characters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top