Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:14:13 PM EDT
is this a good trade...

Enfield No1Mk3 ex sniper and a Mosin Nagant for USED (sz Large) Interceptor Body armor?

whats this armor go for, how much could I resell it for?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If the price is too good then there is a reason.  Many or all of the Interceptor Armor is stolen.   You will have guys in dark suits and sunglasses visiting your home.  They were selling stolen armor on ebay and a lot of these guys got busted.

I have a feeling youre a troll so go away.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
im seriously not a 'troll'...sorry to dissapoint...

I ask this because if you look under Equipment Exchange, I have some rifles for sale...I got an email from a guy offering exactly what I described....it kind of threw me off, because the armor seems to be much more valuable than a couple of my old military surplus rifles....

I ask this question because I dont know about it.....the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be wary of buying used body armor without inspecting it first, especially so for govt issued items such as IBA vests as ARDOC pointed out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
im seriously not a 'troll'...sorry to dissapoint...

I ask this because if you look under Equipment Exchange, I have some rifles for sale...I got an email from a guy offering exactly what I described....it kind of threw me off, because the armor seems to be much more valuable than a couple of my old military surplus rifles....

I ask this question because I dont know about it.....the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

So why would a guy try to trade you a set of IBA worth over $800 to you for a couple of CR rifles?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I passed on the offer...seemed a bit shady..especially after I read about all the stolen body armor, on like MSNBC, etc......its not worth it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I passed on the offer...seemed a bit shady..especially after I read about all the stolen body armor, on like MSNBC, etc......its not worth it.

So if you knew the answer already why are you asking it again?

eta: greedy
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a near-new Interceptor with plates on ebay for $650. Unfortunately, it got swept away in a hurricane and eaten by crocodiles.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
because i figured id ask you guys, people here on the forums are very knowledgeable...I just needed a second opinion, to double check...ya know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top