Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 8:58:02 PM EDT
I have been looking into these .They seem to be a very efficient and inexpensive way to heat a home. From what I have read you can put any type of wood in them, green , pine , wood pallets it really dosen't matter. They will burn anything and heat your whole house. Any thoughts on them ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If they are outdoors, how do they heat your house???

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is that a real question or  you really don't know
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

WORD THIEF!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
you can read about wood boilers here
....doesn't seem that good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Any thoughts on them ?

Research, research, research. The manufacturers claims of efficiency are unfounded and HIGHLY exaggerated.

Of the units I have researched, Central Boiler was the best of the lot. Considering their unit is approaching 23% efficiency, that is not much of a front runner.

If you have the time to design and know of a welder / fabrication shop, you will end up with a far superior product.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you can read about wood boilers here
....doesn't seem that good.

Thanks for that. First time I have read a article like that about them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top