Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2001 1:06:39 PM EDT
[url]http://freeradiotucson.org/90.9FM/raffle.htm[/url]

Free Radio Tucson 90.9FM
Brings You A Radio Rifle Raffle!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are raffling off an AR-15 {16" barrel} w/ a Calvary Arms lower receiver!
Not only that, you'll receive a 30 round magazine and 1,000 rounds of
Winchester .223 ammunition!
WINNERS NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN!
*Shipping included at no cost to you!*

ONLY
$5 per chance; or 5 chances for $20!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
/me goes off to but a ticket
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone say raffle? I'm in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
And how many tickets will be sold?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this for real?!?!? What's the money gonna be used for?!?!?!

GarryOwen, TopCrest, Sinstralrifleman....anyone!??!?!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you people have any idea how many state and federal laws you're violating?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, please tell us.  Last I checked, it was perfectly legal to buy the gun as a gift for someone, assuming they were legal to own it.  And even so, I'll bet money that it will be treated as an FFL transfer complete with a 4473.  It has a legal bbl length of 16".  The ad doesnt say anything about it being full auto, an LEO gun, or having a preban upper on a post ban lower.  This is a legal to own, good to go weapon.

Please, enlighten us as to the illegalities of this fundraiser.

I suppose you heard about the local elementary school that got busted over raffling off those bicycles and having the bake sale, right?

WHERE'S THE PROBLEM?

And no, BTW, I've heard nothing about this until now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
TopCrest just said BYOB for Bring Your Own Boo-yah!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#9]
What type of organization are the proceeds going to; profit or non?  You will be getting into interstate commerce/gambling issues.  I am not a lawyer but I play one on TV.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Our pro-2nd group [url]www.mcdl.org[/url] is going to raffle 4 rifles off.  We're calling it [b]Relics of the Reds[/i].  

It's perfectly legal. (and we're in Maryland!)

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. 0 laws broken.  Nothing illeagl here but your big mouth, or is that your anus?  Hard to tell.

Now falme away "Senior Member"

BTW  I got 2 sets of 5 tickets for $40 just to spite this guy.  I don't really need another AR, but what the hell.

Diane Feinstein is a whore pimped out bu Rosie O.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Gun Rights groups raffle guns all the time here in Arizona, there are no laws being violated.  If an person out of state wins it, it will have to go through an FFL.  Go take your shit house "hah hah the feds will get you" lawyer routine someplace else.
View Quote

You're barking up the wrong tree there, Fruitcake.  Where did they teach you to talk like that?  At some Panama City sailor-wanna-hump-hump bar, or is this getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey?  Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Now falme away "Senior Member"
View Quote

You'll get no "falme's" here!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I will asure you that if you are raffling something for a "for profit" organization across state lines or intrastate there are gaming regulations that need to be checked.  The fact the some you dumbass's think I am trying to spoil the party are really mistaken.  I am all for it but in todays world you need to make sure you got your ass covered!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top