Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:43:35 PM EDT
I am a few days late on this, but it has been a little busy.

Having had a chance to personaly fire the LW 10.5 as brought to the market by Grenadier Precision, I would like to express a few things that are actually of an important nature. (If you disagree.....well, I spent the day firing F/A AR's on someone elses nickel....so unless you are working for Uncle Sam and get a little trigger time.....I give to you the proverbial "Who's your Daddy?"

First for the G2: Genadier Precision came to the Bullet Hole the other day to throw some lead downrange on a mission of test and tune with the "Crowd Switch" engaged. We were happy to have them and they are both first class guys and extraordinary craftsmen who practice a dying art of absolute dedication to their product and the customers it serves. I think they live up to what they practice. They are also both generous and magnanimous, with all the sounds and fury of the infamous scene from the movie Predator comming from a private berm at the Bullet Hole....it was like some wierd gunfolk mating call as our customers couldnt help but gravitate to all the action. These guys let all comers unleash hell.....and on their nickel to boot in the ammo department. It is always good to know people like that!

Folks, having carried noth A2's and M4's in the service and as an owner of more than one AR15.....and I am a fan, I can tell you the LW system is important. We can argue all manner of things...from the effectivness of the 5.56 round to weither or not we should still march into battle armed with pointy sticks....you know, because that is how it was done for so long. The seasons change, winters give way to spring and we dont have to take of our shoes to count to 20 or use an abacus...because someone came up with something better. (No offence to persons who still enjoy a little nostalgia from time to time and feel the need to shitcan the GPS and pull out a sextant in the middle of the North Atlantic....I will stick with my Garmen )

Now the point of  this obfuscatory narartive is this....The AR platform is AWESOME. We all know that. But just as we all love a 63 split window Vette.....a 2006 Z06 Vette will lay the wood to it like Tiger Woods playing a round with that drummer from Def Leppard. Just like the things of the past....save them for a parade. As the adage goes...."The Best Dressed Army Loses" There is a valuable lesson in that on many levels.  The AR platform in its current design with its direct gas impingement is nothing more than Shitting where it eats. Given the great platform the AR is otherwise it is the engineering equivalent of throwing a Kia motor in a Ferrari Enzo.

So, What do we do with this foul and odious powered platform that is exemplary in almost every other aspect? FIX THE DAMNED PROBLEM. Systems such as the LW short stroke piston driven uppers do just that. Good people, lend me your ears, Put the past up on the mantle and tell your grandkids about it. The technology of these systems are evolutionary over the old and anything that benifits the Men and Women of our Armed Services is something we need to consider. Again, I dont think you want them deployed with a Civil War Saw-Bones Doc. The logic of "Well, it worked" doesnt hold much water when you put it into an exagerated perspective such as that...and hey folks, it is 2005, we have Cell Phones and you can buy a trip to a space station. Lets stop and consider the possibility we can do better than a system that doesnt know it should sleep on its stomach after a hard night of drinking. Asphyxiayion is no way to cycle a bolt.

"What so damned good about it"...I can here this chorus singing in three part harmony from the peanut gallery. Well, the next time you are hosing and scrubbing down your AR (Or for those of you who have BTDT), after dumping a full vest of 9-14+ mags through it in the middle of trying not to get an enemy marksmanship badge pinned to you in all its purple glory.....

Imagin this.....

A system that can run dry all day long, has a chamber/bolt that is as clean after 1500 rounds as an A2 does after 30 rounds and has a greater degree of structual integrity....read "I sure would hate to dent that little tube on this A2 if I were in the field" how about cleaning the whole inside of the receiver with one fold of tush tissue? Well That is what the folks at Genadier Precision have put togeather. Besides looking meaner than a Texas rattle snake that just got thumb jabbed in the cluaka by an odd Australian man, this thing RUNS. Taking the bolt out at the end of a 1500+ round go switch session had me thinking "Hmmm, these guys must have poured water from the Holy Grail itself on this thing because it is clean.....clean like grandmas' kitchen clean. Martha Stuart and and Billy Mays would be a fan of the Short Stroke system.

The Bullet Hole Range will be adding .....ahem....well, we will see but the number stands at 1 for now to the range armory. We have all the confidence in the world that this rifle will stand up to the abuse of 100's of customers a month....and I have to tell you, so many weapons dont.  

The LW system really does represent the best in what a battle rifle should be and the folks at Genadier Precision have written a Magnum Opus with their complete AR's Because of it some of our boys overseas will no doubt now get to spend more time racking up the scoreboard on the bad guy body-count than cleaning a gun that has a bad case of gas.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
obfuscatory narartive is this....

Got that right.  Is this a paid advert?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, some people say "I tried (Insert product here) and it ROCKED" I would rather weave a tale, and I can knock something like that out in 5 minutes. Also, I wouldnt mind a T-shirt from em
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Ah, Life is good looks like I will get some more time with these things this Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I felt like the cast from Monty Python's "Holy Grail" 1/4 of the way through...

GET ON WITH IT!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]

They available yet?  And are they expensive?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
He said they run much cleaner.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you write for a gun pub? If not you have no right to be using sutch big wurds.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Obfuscations aside, I admire your literary prowess!!!  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. It is not a very polished blurb but I wish I wrote for a gun rag. I can think of much worse things to do.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes and yes.

IIRC, around 900 clams for an upper.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes and yes.

IIRC, around 900 clams for an upper.

The ones we were shooting were quite a bit more. I think they do have some that are in that range though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top