Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 3:13:40 PM EDT
how about now?

friggin verizon.. anyone else experincing crappy service?

I was at a verizon store yesterday,  coverage IN the store sucked bad, and I waited a 1/2 hour (at least) before I left.. the guy in front of me waited 1 friggin hour... wth is up with customer "service"?

so, I'll bitch to customer service (or so I thought), I calle their CS number only to be met with a "we're sorry, all circuits are busy..."  WTH?

I called again later and same thing.

I called my boss, (we're all on Verizon.. company pays)
and I get a busy signal?  a busy signal on a cell?  it's supposed to go to voicemail..

I tell you I have had some shitty performance from verizon, and I thought T-mobile was bad.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
never had it in AZ. I always get good reception, even in the middle of nowhere
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

well, when I came back to CO from AZ earlier this year, I was amazed at the coverage I got on my cell out in the middle of nowhere.... now in a populated area, coverage sucked... go figure!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
how about now?

I was at a verizon store yesterday,  coverage IN the store sucked bad, and I waited a 1/2 hour (at least) before I left.. the guy in front of me waited 1 friggin hour... wth is up with customer "service"?

so, I'll bitch to customer service (or so I thought), I calle their CS number only to be met with a "we're sorry, all circuits are busy..."  WTH?

and I get a busy signal?  a busy signal on a cell?  it's supposed to go to voicemail..

I tell you I have had some shitty performance from verizon, and I thought T-mobile was bad.

Wow...might just be the area you're in.  

I mean, when I went to get myself hooked up with service, I went to one of those places that offers multiple carriers, and asked the very cute sales lady which service had the best reception in the area and she told me Verizon.  It just so happens they had the calling plan that looked the best too, so I bought it.

But I've never had problems like you describe.

Maybe one of the towers in the area was having issues?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, when I came back to CO from AZ earlier this year, I was amazed at the coverage I got on my cell out in the middle of nowhere.... now in a populated area, coverage sucked... go figure!

that is strage too. I work with people that have cingular and sprint. I used to have T-Mobile. And my phone with verizon gets better service than any of them. I would imagine since you got busy signals with your boss's phone and the customer service line that something happened (most likely with a tower like Ryan said).
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I get great coverage with verizon. I've been in the KC area and then midwest kansas which has absolutely nothing and still gets service. Has worked fine in the mountains too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess you could be with Cingular like me, I believe Cingular got kicked out of the BBB not too long ago due to their long list of complaints. At least I get service everywhere I go, except a small spot in the city where apparently NOBODY gets signal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I had Verizon for two years and about the time my contract was up, they got my account pretty seriously mixed up with someone elses. After getting that fixed four times, I had had enough and went to Cingular. When my cash flow improves I will fork over the $450 it will cost me to cancel my contract with Cingular and go back to Verizon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Try Cingular. They suck too
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife got me on the Verizon Family Call Plan, good reception so far. But my old phone from Cingular had better reception inside buildings. The weird thing was that my old phone would buzz nearby speakers when I was using it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The only thing worse than Verizon is all of the other cellphone companies.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had verizon for about a year, and lately I swear thier reception/servive is getting worse...I drop calls and have bad recption in places where it was always good before.  I even got a new Phone, thinking my old one was bad(been dropped a few times) and still seems like it is getting worse.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#12]
You should have a full strength signal in Verizon stores. The stores have signal extenders. Was it a Verizon company store, or an authorized retailer such a Radio Shack?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]

The weird thing was that my old phone would buzz nearby speakers when I was using it!

My Verizon Treo 600 and the StarTac I had before that will set-off my alarm clock when it rings.  It's very difficult to try to wake-up, turn-off the alarm clock, and answer the phone, all in that order.

We have 24 Verizon phones at work.  We bought phones after our radio tower needed more in repairs than it was worth.  That is a decision we've regretted every day since then.  The Verizon phones drop more calls than not.  It's annoying to have to call someone a dozen times just to tell them something that should take only 30 seconds.  The bigger problem is that Verizon is selling or giving-up towers in the area so their service is getting worse.  Ten years ago with Bell Atlantic (that became Verizon), I could get great coverage at my office and at home and all points in between.  Now my phone doesn't work at all at home, there's deadspots on the way to work, and the phone works perfectly at work about 25% of the time and not at all about 75% of the time.  There's no excuse for their systematic plan to make their service worse when they're adding more customers.z
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You should have a full strength signal in Verizon stores. The stores have signal extenders. Was it a Verizon company store, or an authorized retailer such a Radio Shack?

it was an actual verizon store.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have had verizon for about a year, and lately I swear thier reception/servive is getting worse...I drop calls and have bad recption in places where it was always good before.  I even got a new Phone, thinking my old one was bad(been dropped a few times) and still seems like it is getting worse.

I have had them for almost 3 years now. I cannot tell you the difference in service now. What is up with them? Calls are dropped all the time now.

I am going to look somewhere else when my plan is up this year.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I have had Verizon for years.  The service is good, then they add a bunch of users and it gets crappy again.  Then they add more towers, and it starts working, then they add more users, and .....

Everbody please cancel your Verizon service, so my reception will get better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanx ZW17 now I know I am not crazy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]
If you want really bad service sign up for Nexte..  We call it Notel!  No telling if it will work or not.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
how about now?

The "busy signal" you heard was probably an all circuits busy 120 ipm tone from Bell or whoever your local telco is, same as your "all circuits busy" announcement.  A lot of our traffic goes through Bell, even mobile to mobile, depending on each end's location.

All I can tell you is that they are busting our asses adding cell sites, at least down South.

Part of your problem might be because Colorado is so mountainous, but again, we are adding cell sites as fast as we can go.

"We never stop working for you" is very true, but to us it's "we never stop working your ass off".  I mean that in a non-complaining manner.  We are going gangbusters trying to make sure everyone has service.

I am a switch tech, not a customer service person, so I have no idea of what to tell you when dealing with them, but I do know that our managers do consider customer service to be the number 1 priority.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Who told you that?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Verizon has been good for me. Good coverage, good service, low prices, good plans and easy options.

I've been to them all, I know bad service and Verizon has been very good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been with Verizon for about 7 years now and no problems at all. If you switch you will regret it. The one thing they do need is a hot chick to take that place of the idiot talking all that crap about, "can you hear me now?" No, I can't you ass now move over so I can see the blond with the big tata's behind you!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who told you that?

Verizon customer service told me that. The people in the store told me that, too.

I was having a problem with a tri-mode phone not working on digital service. I went to the Verizon store and it worked. I left the store, and the phone no longer was working on digital service. I guess the phone still had enough range to go the short distance to the equipment in the store. Or I could be wrong about all of this, cuz I am just operating on what they told me
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Thats 95% of us saying Verizon, and the two people here who work for T-Mobile saying it doesnt.

FWIW, when we go to our parents house, my Sister has to use my Verizon phone. She works for T-Mobile.

My phone works well. It worked just as well before I got my new one. And it works no matter where I am.

Continuous account since 1991. Airtouch was the name before Verizon, Cellular One before that iirc.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#26]

The stores have signal extenders.

I've never heard that, but it does explain why the phones work perfectly in their store, but don't work 200 yards away.  The store is a about 100 yards from I-26 and a couple of miles from where I-85 and I-26 cross.  Verizon used to have good service there, but they've since sold several towers in the area.  Now the service is terrible in that area except in the store and in the store parking lot.  I'd always wondered why that was so.  It's sad that they no longer have service in so many local cities and near local interstates.  Their service is continuously getting worse and worse.z
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Continuous account since 1991. Airtouch was the name before Verizon, Cellular One before that iirc.

Cell One was the predecessor to AT&T, now Cingular.  Had my account since '92.

Cellular One still exists in some places, Texas for instance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cellular One still exists in some places, Texas for instance.

I think thats the name of the Ohio one that got bought ouyt by Airtouch as well. Regional maybe??

Hell, I dunno, I dont remember what I had for breakfast, lucky to remember my name sometimes.

I will never forget what you did to that sheep though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Cellular One is a string of franchises.  There was Cellular One in Savannah, owned by Price Communications.  Verizon bought Price Communications and made it part of Verizon.  That Cellular One franchise ceased to exist.

There is no Cellular One as such.  It is just a holding company that franchises out that name to individual mom and pop type cell companies and gives the appearance of being a nationwide company.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Cellular One is a string of franchises.  There was Cellular One in Savannah, owned by Price Communications.  Verizon bought Price Communications and made it part of Verizon.  That Cellular One franchise ceased to exist.

There is no Cellular One as such.  It is just a holding company that franchises out that name to individual mom and pop type cell companies and gives the appearance of being a nationwide company.

yep, cell one in AZ is now Alltel
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Verizon Wireless:  great coverage (in our area).  But customer service is usually another matter.

As an example, my Verizon land line has been out since a power outage on Sept 16.  I still don't have phone service to my home.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I love verizon.  It's the only carrier that reliably carries a signal in my home.  Cingular was by far the worst for me, nextels wasn't bad in the beginning but now alot of my buddies are getting a ton of dropped calls.  Hopefully this spring merger fixes that prob...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Verizon Wireless:  great coverage (in our area).  But customer service is usually another matter.

As an example, my Verizon land line has been out since a power outage on Sept 16.  I still don't have phone service to my home.

Verizon landline is a different company.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#36]
My verizon signal SUCKS where I live. I have to go out side in the yard walking around looking at my bars to get signal.

But it works well If I climb up on the roof!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Verizon family tree around here is Centel to Sprint to 360 to alltel to verizon   , and somewhere along the line my 5% longevity discount disappeared. Verizon has the best service in this area IMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top