Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 2:37:33 PM EDT
I thought this deserved it's own thread:

Originally posted by A_Free_Man in another thread:
It just gets to me that our government has no qualms about pointing guns at its own citizens, but will refuse to protect the border. Who knows what diseases are coming in with "undocumented workers"?

A legal alien coming into the US obviously ill would be taken aside, evaluated. Illegals just disappear, and the govt takes a hands off approach to them.

Originally posted here: Bush wants right to use military if bird flu hits
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm flattered.

Do you know about the 2003 document for the CDC by some Johns Hopkins a$$hats known as The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act.  It was copied by many states, including, apparently, Louisiana.  

There are two versions of MSEHPA.  There is an October 2003 version that includes language about controlling materials (including guns), that was edited out of MSEHPA2, dated December 2003.  It was quickly and poorly edited as the reference to the offensive section is still in the table of contents, but not in the body of the text.  However, many states have copied the original Oct 2003 version.  I have both here on my computer.  

The "sanitized" version is still on the web, you only have to google it.  The original with gun controll sections is gone, cannot be found.  If someone wants to host both, I will send them to you, email me.

Reading either version of MSEHPA is scary, to say the least.  I'd copy/paste, but they are Adobe Acrobat (pdf) documents.

What you want to search for are MSEHPA.pdf and MSEHPA2.pdf
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
You asked a good question that I don't think got enough exposure.

I never thought of that question myself.

There was the program on TV years ago about the CIA (maybe it's still on?), and I remember one episode where a bad guy was intentionally infected with a virus of some kind and sent to the US to...infect a senator or something?  Facinating idea, really.

What about these illegals, tho?  Do you have any stats on the number in the US that end up using our medical care system and for what kinds of diseases?  I think its a big story, but from the way  this thread is moving, I'm the only one that thinks that.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't HIV+ status keep someone from entering the country? NOT if they do it illegally
same with other communicable diseases................

Immigrants that are TB positive are treated instead of just being
allowed to spread it to co-workers, schoolchildren and food service customers
Why is that only important for legal immigrants, what about all the people that enter illegally?

Don't we now have a treatment\drug resistant strain of TB in CA and a few other states
from mexicans and south american illegals that entered the country without any health checks?

Immigrants are checked for criminal records..........people that enter the country illegally are
criminals even if they don't have a criminal record in their past............again, not important

How can we actually be fighting the war on drugs and the war on terror when illegals bring
terrorists and drugs across the border on a daily basis, not to mention the human slavery
If our government was at all serious about those problems we would have the MILITARY there...........
we don't, we won't, the illegals, slaves, terrorists and drugs(especially meth)will continue to come to the USA
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

(especially meth)will continue to come to the USA

No no, they partially killed meth by taking my beloved Sudafed off the market, or near enough.  Next time I go to the pharmacy to pick up my Sudafed Jumby box I'm gonna say something like: "Yeah, I've gotta get a quick...uh...shipment out could you give me the 96 count Jumby Super Value box of Sudafed?"

I wish the jackass that got that bright idea would have my sinus issues for a friggin month.

Anyway...I don't know about the HIV positive thing, but it would make sense.  

Would there be civil rights issues involved with all of this?  Maybe that's why it's not done.  Anyone have a read on that angle?

Do you think that you should have to get a basic set of health papers (like for your pet) to travel out of the US?  To prove you had no communicable diseases, and you were healthy at the time of departure?  Of course, we would reciprocate this action requiring visitors to likewise have health papers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(especially meth)will continue to come to the USA

No no, they partially killed meth by taking my beloved Sudafed off the market, or near enough.  Next time I go to the pharmacy to pick up my Sudafed Jumby box I'm gonna say something like: "Yeah, I've gotta get a quick...uh...shipment out could you give me the 96 count Jumby Super Value box of Sudafed?"

I wish the jackass that got that bright idea would have my sinus issues for a friggin month.

Anyway...I don't know about the HIV positive thing, but it would make sense.  

Would there be civil rights issues involved with all of this?  Maybe that's why it's not done.  Anyone have a read on that angle?

Do you think that you should have to get a basic set of health papers (like for your pet) to travel out of the US?  To prove you had no communicable diseases, and you were healthy at the time of departure?  Of course, we would reciprocate this action requiring visitors to likewise have health papers.

Meth is coming across the border in LARGE quantities BECAUSE of the sudafed restrictions

Our government has simply made a cost benefit analysis of the situation
the illegals make purchases.....cars, rent, food, clothes, gasoline, medicine, furniture ect ect
these purchases benefit small(and large)businesses and our elected\appointed officials
have decided that it is worth the human misery of the vicitims of the horrendous crimes that
they commit, the wage depression that they bring, the communicable diseases that they spread
their welfare, medical care, housing, medicaid is paid by the inexaustable tax dollars
as are the costs of catching, imprisoning, feeding, educating, defending and policing them
the gang rapes and child kidnapping, raping and killing, DUIs, hit and runs and fraud by
identity theft that seem to be their trademarks are merely a "minor" side effect
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top