Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 1:47:55 PM EDT
Anyone here every run an iPOD or similar music device through their .mil headsets/helmets?  If so, do you have a link for the adapter or directions on how to make such a thing?  thanks.
Matt
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?

Iron Eagle, is that you?

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WTF?

Iron Eagle, is that you?

aaaaahahah! thanks for stealing my post!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
i run one through my civilian headset. you might need to have a comm guy or an ALSE guy make you a pig-tail adapter.

www.avshop.com  is my choice
www.sportys.com  the old stand by
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WTF?

Iron Eagle, is that you?

HAHA!  No, i am a single-seat Super Hornet pilot - it gets lonely up there.  got to have something to pass the time.
Matt
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Check the commo forum over at Lightfighter.  Already been done.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WTF?

Iron Eagle, is that you?

This is the BlueBird!  I be ready to refuel!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Chappy!!!!

We found pieces of his plane scattered all over the Med., Son.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one once. I had the guys in aviationcs make it for me. Go down to their shop and bullshit with em for a couple of hours then bring it up. It worked out pretty good. they made me one for a Huey that I could listen to myself, and also made me one that would play the music all over the ICS system so everyone could listen.

No matter what, you are gonna need to go to them for parts to make it, and when I asked them about it, they said they would rather I have them do it so I did not do anything to blow any ICS boxes up.  

Aviator
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had one once. I had the guys in aviationcs make it for me. Go down to their shop and bullshit with em for a couple of hours then bring it up. It worked out pretty good. they made me one for a Huey that I could listen to myself, and also made me one that would play the music all over the ICS system so everyone could listen.

No matter what, you are gonna need to go to them for parts to make it, and when I asked them about it, they said they would rather I have them do it so I did not do anything to blow any ICS boxes up.  

Aviator

Probably some good advice - i'd hate to break the $80 million jet.  Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aviator

Probably some good advice - i'd hate to break the $80 million jet.  Thanks
Matt

especially when your in it over the deep blue
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]
When you get it done, post pics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Must be a rush to listen to the Top Gun soundtrack over and over again while in a Hornet.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I was thinkin Hendrix might be the shit...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you a Marine or Navy pilot?

Either case you can have the AT shop make you up an adapter.
Probably cost you a case of beer (shore) or a case of sodas and popcorn (deployed at sea).
I had one made up when I was flying in Hercs, took the CD player and hooked it into the spare crew rest headset cord via an adapter, basicly it keeps the ICS circut open all of the time.
Only the pilots and Flight Engineer had ICS over ride, so if the Loads or the Nav wanted to talk they had to remove the CD player from the ICS cord.

Quoted:
HAHA!  No, i am a single-seat Super Hornet pilot - it gets lonely up there.  got to have something to pass the time.
Matt

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
*imagines doing ACM while listening to Black Label Society*

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
*imagines doing ACM while listening to Black Label Society*

Or dropping MK-83 will having Manilow cranked up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top