Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 12:42:50 PM EDT
Co-worker found this guy hanging around outside.  He cought him and put him in a potted plant in his cube for us to look at.  He has been set free now back outside.  None of us has ever seen a mantis with such coloration.

Although kinda easy to spot on the green plant, picture this guy on a tree branch

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! Cool camo pattern.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
cool!  i hadn't seen one of those in years, then i moved to the country, and there's dozens of em' around the house.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF?

Is he about to shed his skin or something?  From a biological standpoint, that isn't even a helpful adaption, if that is his real coloration.  They are drawn to green leaves and he is actually on one... he's screwed.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope you didn't touch it. That's a rare Amazonian Death Mantis.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]

I've got a mantis in my pantis.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WTF?

Is he about to shed his skin or something?  From a biological standpoint, that isn't even a helpful adaption, if that is his real coloration.  They are drawn to green leaves and he is actually on one... he's screwed.

- BG

I think he was found on a concrete wall.

I have seen them tan, and I have seen them green, but never "urban camo".
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You wouldn't see him on the plant if God invented multi-cam.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
OOOO Thats the mantis of dead! Dont touch it or it will dead you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top