Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 11:27:17 AM EDT
I looked at the HP IPAQ which looks good, I like the Windows Pocket PC better than Palm OS. Your opinions?

Reason I am replacing my CLIE is that I decided to smash it after it crashed and I lost all my info while traveling, good thing I have back-ups at my home PC and not on my laptop unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I cannot really help you. I am still using the same Palm IIIxe I bought almost five years ago.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Palm Tungsten E and it works great so far.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
At this point I would stay away from Palm OS devices.

Palm has been sold and there is a lot of speculation Palm OS is dead… especially considering that Palm has signed a partnership with Microsoft to use Windows Mobile on the new Palm Treo phones.

I would give the Dell Axims a look.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Dell Axim and just replaced it with an HP Ipaq RX3115, I absolutely love it. It has built in wifi, plus eveything that I loved about my axim.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I use a Palm Tungsten E and it works great so far.

I love my Tungsten E, I had a Sony Clie first and it sucked!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Dell axim is a sweet as machine
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had a Dell Axim and just replaced it with an HP Ipaq RX3115, I absolutely love it. It has built in wifi, plus eveything that I loved about my axim.....

I got the Axim x50 and it does everything.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
After several trouble-free years on various Palm-based platforms, I decided to try Pocket PC.  I went through three Axims in a row, each with a different factory defect, before I demanded a refund and got an iPAQ 5550.  The first one was perfect -- until I accidentally drove over it with my 8,000 lb. truck.

Its replacement has developed 5 serious problems that HP will NOT address.  They even had me send it in only to turn it around in less than 8 hours without even opening the inner package.  They included a form letter with instructions to reset the unit even though I had CLEARLY done this several times already (at their request).  They have totally blown me off on every single one of my efforts to get the problems addressed.  They don't answer the phone, they don't respond to web-based support requests, they don't answer email and they don't look at the unit when it's in their possession.  And no, I have never been anything but polite with them.  FUCK HP.

I cancelled a sales inquiry to look into a 16-CPU HP Superdome server because of this.  It was a long shot because we're a mostly-Dell shop, but HP can kiss my ass.

Anyway, I'm going back to Palm.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top