Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 10:37:43 AM EDT
Simply fantastic.  I've never even heard of it until the other day.  I went to my local Hollyweird Video and rented it.  It is now in my top ten list of favorite movies.

www.chud.com/news/oct02/oct28equilibrium.php3

Gunkata is awesome!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
The government taught me gun kata.  But that was back when I was the spaceshuttle doorgunner.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The government taught me gun kata.  But that was back when I was the spaceshuttle doorgunner.

Oh yeah?  Well I can bump fire an AR underwater while I SIIHPAPP.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah awesome low-budget movie loved it, Bale was awesome in that movie
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't someone say something about them releasing this movie with a bigger budget?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#6]
No kidding?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome movie.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]
it was ok. didn't care much for it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#9]
don't talk about movies in this forum

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#10]
i love that movie

i think its better than the matrix
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i love that movie

didn't care all that much for the matrix either......
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I like how at the end when he's getting ready to fight that black guy and you think it's gonna be some long drawn-out sword-fight, but he just cuts his face off and that's the end of it.  Definatly one of my favorite movies.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you PLAYING WITH ME, Cleric?

Don't mess with Christian Bale, when hes not a psycho dropping chainsaws on people, or fighting crime while masking his identity, he's packing a pair of Beretta 93Rs.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I like how at the end when he's getting ready to fight that black guy and you think it's gonna be some long drawn-out sword-fight, but he just cuts his face off and that's the end of it.  Definatly one of my favorite movies.

No kidding - it was so anti-climactic that it was the perfect climax.
Matt
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh....you are gonna get a fit for not having this in the movie forums...

trust me...

Edit to say: I agree....really good movie. I've rented it 3 times. Should probably just have bought it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Ah yes.....Gunkata...an essential part of GunFu
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#20]
One of my favorite movies (among a list of dozens and perhaps hundreds).  Unfortunately the local place doesn't have it.

What I hate is how people constantly compare it to The Matrix.  "Oh, I didn't like it, it was just The Matrix:  Rehashed."  BS.  Some of the fighting is similar, but if you judge the meaning of movies based on the fighting you are very shallow.  The stories, and the moral, of this movie is completely different than The Matrix.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
love that movie.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Wasn't bad. Besides the all-too-frequent firearms-ignorant moments, there were two main things that I can remember me that I thought were really stupid: the whole "gun karma" thing, and the fact that the secret service of the future has reverted back to swords. Stupid.

What is it with katanas and modern action movies? The only modern-era movie (i.e. not movies that take place hundreds of years ago WHEN PEOPLE STILL ACTUALLY USED THE THINGS) that used a katana and managed to do it in a cool/realistic way was Pulp Fiction. Everywhere else it's always being used where anyone with the IQ of a cinder block would be using a gun instead.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wasn't bad. Besides the all-too-frequent firearms-ignorant moments, there were two main things that I can remember me that I thought were really stupid: the whole "gun karma" thing, and the fact that the secret service of the future has reverted back to swords. Stupid.

What is it with katanas and modern action movies? The only modern-era movie (i.e. not movies that take place hundreds of years ago WHEN PEOPLE STILL ACTUALLY USED THE THINGS) that used a katana and managed to do it in a cool/realistic way was Pulp Fiction. Everywhere else it's always being used where anyone with the IQ of a cinder block would be using a gun instead.

becuase a good Katana can split bullets, and thats uber ninja leet
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i love that movie

didn't care all that much for the matrix either......

Whats wrong with your life?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Actually, the katanas kind of made since. The clerics were taught to use the gun as an extention of the their arms--like every other weapon it taught to be used. Obviously, this would be hard to conceive for a beginner, so they started with something easier to visualize--wooden swords. We saw them practice with these in the movie. The katanas the clerics had were ceremonial--not actually used against their normally enemies.

The main bad guy's office body guards probably had swords because it would have made it harder for a spy who infiltrated his guard to assassinate him. Or, since they new the good guy was coming, didn't want to give him a chance to disarm a guard and shoot him from across the room. After all, the main bad guy and his cleric bodyguard both had guns.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Don't forget Star Wars.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#29]
One of the best sci-fi movies ever. I've got it right here next to me on DVD.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top