Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:10:50 AM EDT
Oh yeah... I am STOKED!

Let's Go Red Wings!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Who cares.

I mean, I love the action, but I hate the whiney-ass players.

Oh, I'm not getting paid enough to play a freak'in game.

Boo hoo.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who cares.

Boo hoo.

Thanks for sh*tting in my thread!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought they cancelled that game?

Did they decide to start playing again?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Wooo Hooo...

I got a 10 pack of Super Premiums (cigars) riding on tonights game.

Loser must roll into double or nothing for tomorrow nights game.

Lets go wings!

( I still would like to see Chelios, Draper and Shanahan traded)

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Where was it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who cares.

Boo hoo.

Thanks for sh*tting in my thread!

No doubt, go post your crap in another thread, or start one to bash.

Name one sport that is not like that.

[silence][/silence]

Thats what I tought....
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
GO BLUES!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#8]
IBS_B

where is that tool anyway?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GO BLUES!!!!

Yeah buddy, bring your Keith Tkachunk, bring it on!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO BLUES!!!!

They will have to bring more than her, I mean him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO BLUES!!!!

They will have to bring more than her, I mean him.

haha, I just wanted to use "Tkachunk" after he reported to training camp wayyyyyyy overweight.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Who is Hockey?  Was he banned?  Is the Sarge coming back with him?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Let's go DEVILS!

I don't know how we'll they'll do though, with Stevens and Neidermyer, Friesen, and others gone

What do you think about the new rule changes? I'm most stoked about the limiting the size of gear goalie use. No more of this hulking mass in goal!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Farewell buddy
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Hockey's back!? I didn't even know it was away. What happened?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
www.learnersonline.com/weekly/lessons03/week24/061603-1.jpg

Farewell buddy www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_crying.gif

One of the fiercest, most intimidating competitors the sport has ever had. I remember his hit on Slava Kozlov in the 95 playoffs- and then they cut to him telling the entire Wings bench: "You come across my blue line and I'll break your f*cking jaw!" (I can read lips from watching hockey games )

Scoots could play in any era of the NHL, a high compliment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the fiercest, most intimidating competitors the sport has ever had. I remember his hit on Slava Kozlov in the 95 playoffs- and then they cut to him telling the entire Wings bench: "You come across my blue line and I'll break your f*cking jaw!" (I can read lips from watching hockey games )

I remember in 2003 when he laid a check on Kariya that just flat out leveled him. Knocked him out cold for a good five seconds. Just completely laid him right out.

I'm really gonna miss him playing. It's a damn shame he's gone but it's for the best when you have concussion worries.

He'll be in the Hall before long.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#19]
FLYERS BABY !      Can't wait for hockey.  I missed it :(
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember in 2003 when he laid a check on Kariya that just flat out leveled him. Knocked him out cold for a good five seconds. Just completely laid him right out.

I'm really gonna miss him playing. It's a damn shame he's gone but it's for the best when you have concussion worries.

How crazy is it that he retired from concussion related illness? Oh well. He won Cups, he was the best defenseman in the  NHL for a long time and he was pretty durable. The guy's got nothing to regret.

He's a shoo-in for the Hall as soon as he's eligible. Reminds me, I gotta get back to the HOF...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
FLYERS BABY !      Can't wait for hockey.  I missed it :(

You guys have an incredible team this year. I don't know how they signed all those great guys for so cheap!

Still missing a goaltender though... And don't expect a lot from Hatcher either    I did and it got me like 4 games of "meh".  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How crazy is it that he retired from concussion related illness? Oh well. [red/He won Cups, he was the best defenseman in the  NHL for a long time and he was pretty durable. The guy's got nothing to regret.

He's a shoo-in for the Hall as soon as he's eligible. Reminds me, I gotta get back to the HOF...

Amen.

I hope some major network broadcasts the Devils-Penguins game tonight. Not only so I can watch my team but so I can see that Russian the Penguins picked up who's supposed to be the next Gretzky some are claiming.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Stars all the way!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Stars all the way!

Did you watch their playoff game back in 2003 that went into 5+ Overtime periods? That was intense!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stars all the way!

Did you watch their playoff game back in 2003 that went into 5+ Overtime periods? That was intense!

Yup!

I also stayed up all night during finals to watch the 3OT Stars vs. Sabres game for the Cup. The next week I went up to visit family in Buffalo wearing my Stars jersey.

Some Sabres fans sure are sore losers!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#26]
GO STARS

Trade u a Zubov for a Hatcher any day of the week
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
GO STARS

I'd take Zubov over Hatch any day! Smart puck moving defenseman vs. a pylon.

Of course his "career" with the Wings was anything but stellar...  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm glad to see that the NHL is back but I wonder about the new rules.

I went to a pre-season game between the Flyers and the Islanders last week.  The refs were calling EVERYTHING.  Maybe 20% of the game was NOT spent on a power play.  There were multiple 2-man advantages.  

Yes, it resulted in a 5-3 Flyers victory and an exciting game (and wasn't that the intent of the rule changes?).  But I wonder about whether the continuity of the game will be interrupted by constant penalties.  Many of the calls were due to the new interference (or obstruction?) rules, which I cannot understand anyway.  

BTW the Flyers look great ... especially considering they didn't have Primeau, Hatcher, Forsberg or Esche on the ice that night.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm glad to see that the NHL is back but I wonder about the new rules.

I went to a pre-season game between the Flyers and the Islanders last week.  The refs were calling EVERYTHING.  Maybe 20% of the game was NOT spent on a power play.  There were multiple 2-man advantages.  

Yes, it resulted in a 5-3 Flyers victory and an exciting game (and wasn't that the intent of the rule changes?).  But I wonder about whether the continuity of the game will be interrupted by constant penalties.  Many of the calls were due to the new interference (or obstruction?) rules, which I cannot understand anyway.  

BTW the Flyers look great ... especially considering they didn't have Primeau, Hatcher, Forsberg or Esche on the ice that night.  

It's going to take a while to get everyone used to the new rules and the biggest question is the NHL going to be tough with enforcement for the WHOLE SEASON.   If not, we will be back to clutch and grab hockey in no time flat.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#30]
jthuang

I agree... It was funny, I went to the Wings/Blue Jackets game last week and they were calling EVERYTHING. The game was 25 minutes longer than the preseason games I'd watched on TV thanks to all the penalties!

I think the guys in the NHL front office are going to have to remove their heads from their rears and realize the reality of what happens when you call TOO many penalties: Teams get frustrated and take it out on each other. Just about every game I've ever seen when the refs were too active wound up as a slugfest. Most recently was an early season Wings game vs. the Predators in the last season before the lockout. It was a ridiculously stupid slugfest (and I'm a fight fan) thanks to the incessant calls by the refs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Go Blues.

I am not a big hockey fan, ussually get into. it after football is over, however I am excited about this season.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Go Bolts!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#33]

HOCKEY'S BACK TONIGHT!!!

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Go STARS!

I don't know why I like them when I hate every other team from Texas.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stars all the way!

i was working at a little fine-dining restaurant with no TVs that night, while my roommate and another friend were at the game!  so imagine sirensong all gussied up in a black 3-button:

"good evening madame, has your server gotten you everything you need?  splendid."

*runs across the street to coyote ugly*

"fuck you giguere!  get rid of those michelin man pads and play goaltender whydontcha!"

*runs back to restaurant*

"why yes, that is a nice merlot, but if i might make a suggestion, the luna meritage would suit your pepper-crusted filet perfectly."

[ETA:   GO STARS! ]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO STARS

I'd take Zubov over Hatch any day! Smart puck moving defenseman vs. a pylon.

Of course his "career" with the Wings was anything but stellar...  

man, i really hated to see hatcher go, but i'd rather have zubov, especially with morrow growing up into the hatcher role.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#37]
I never missed it when it was gone.  New season or did the people that perform no function in socity that get paid more then you and I decide they want to just go and have fun again and continue to do nothing productive for society get paid grossely exagerated saleries because red necks are stupid enough to pay for tickets, buy merchandice, pay for ppv tv, and think they are great?

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I never missed it when it was gone.  New season or did the people that perform no function in socity that get paid more then you and I decide they want to just go and have fun again and continue to do nothing productive for society get paid grossely exagerated saleries because red necks are stupid enough to pay for tickets, buy merchandice, pay for ppv tv, and think they are great?

Thanks for coming out, door's that way kthxbye >>>>>>>
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't follow hockey closely, but I enjoy watching it. To those other haters out there: all other "pro" athletes can't fit in with society or preform other tasks and they also complain about their already-too-high salaries, at least hockey isn't boring to watch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Tell us what you enjoy.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stars all the way!

Yup!

I also stayed up all night during finals to watch the 3OT Stars vs. Sabres game for the Cup. The next week I went up to visit family in Buffalo wearing my Stars jersey.

Some Sabres fans sure are sore losers!

That was an amazing game.

I remember it well.

GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Oh yeah... I am STOKED!

Let's Go Red Wings!

RANGERS
   Fixed it for YA Mac
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Lets go Cobra's!! Can't wait for Petrov Eustovichonof to go up against Uri Glastinovski!! Go snakes!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh yeah... I am STOKED!

Let's Go Red Wings!

RANGERS
   Fixed it for YA Mac

What? A Rags fan that admits it? You are either brave or... uh... something else

Best move the Rangers made this off season: Ditching Lindros!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Hockey was gone?

What happened?

Seriously, who cares.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Wish the Flyers had thought of that a few years ago.  If we had gotten Forsberg instead, there would have been at least one Cup in Philadelphia since then.  As it stands, Lord Stanley hasn't come to Philly since 1975 (?).
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO BLUES!!!!

Oh, how I hate the Red Wings.  Words cannot express my intense hatred of the Red Wings, but of course, that's because they always beat my Blues.

I can still see Yzerman stripping Gretzky of the puck and beating Jon Casey to end Game 7 in 2OT of our 2nd round series back in '97.

I'm not very optimistic this season (especially against our nemesis, Detroit), but GO BLUES!

Oh, and I've been calling Tkachuk "Tkachunky" ever since he reported to camp too overweight to pass his physical, despite the fact that he is one of my favorite players.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh yeah... I am STOKED!

Let's Go Red Wings!

RANGERS
   Fixed it for YA Mac

What? A Rags fan that admits it? You are either brave or... uh... something else

I want to see this Cosby Kid on the Penquins play. 18 years old. Keep your head up Kid or it WILL come off.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO BLUES!!!!

Oh, how I hate the Red Wings.  Words cannot express my intense hatred of the Red Wings, but of course, that's because they always beat my Blues.

I can still see Yzerman stripping Gretzky of the puck and beating Jon Casey to end Game 7 in 2OT of our 2nd round series back in '97.

I'm not very optimistic this season (especially against our nemesis, Detroit), but GO BLUES!

Oh, and I've been calling Tkachuk "Tkachunky" ever since he reported to camp too overweight to pass his physical, despite the fact that he is one of my favorite players.

Haha, man the Blues games have been awesome over the years... Especially the 80s and early 90s... Twist vs. Probie, remember that? How about Probie vs. Riendeau    (whooops)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish the Flyers had thought of that a few years ago.  If we had gotten Forsberg instead, there would have been at least one Cup in Philadelphia since then.  As it stands, Lord Stanley hasn't come to Philly since 1975 (?).

Don't even say it would have been the 97 Cup... There was NO way the Wings were gonna let that one go. Sorry.

That was a decent Flyers team even with Lindros on board... They just needed a goaltender... Just like now. Why they haven't had anything more than passable goaltending for so long is beyond me. But they've had some amazing teams other than that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top