Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 7:25:17 AM EDT

I assume that the season finale will have them finally breaking out - how do they plan to sustain the show?  They can't keep the guys in prison if they expect it to last for more seasons, yet, if they do finally succeed, it won't be about a prisonbreak anymore.  I am flabbergasted.  And I really like the show.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it's called "Planned obsolescence"

At least I hope so!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Same way that the castaways on LOST will never be rescued from the island
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#3]
They will show their life on the run after breaking out of prison
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They will show their life on the run after breaking out of prison

Now that would be cool
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#5]
No, no, no - he'll just get caught again for "a crime he did not commit" and get put in to a "Superprison" which will be "impossible to escape" from.

The warden will be played by either Malcom McDowell or Tim Curry.  His new cell mate will be played by Eddie Griffin.  

Also, it's very likely this will be a co-ed jail (ya know, for the ratings).
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No, no, no - he'll just get caught again for "a crime he did not commit" and get put in to a "Superprison" which will be "impossible to escape" from.

The warden will be played by either Malcom McDowell or Tim Curry.  His new cell mate will be played by Eddie Griffin.  

Also, it's very likely this will be a co-ed jail (ya know, for the ratings).

I look forward to the review!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#7]
was it on this past Monday?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
was it on this past Monday?

Dude!  Yeah.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Uh, cancelled?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually it will all be a dream sequence. Then at the end of the season he will wake up and it will all start again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#11]
It's pretty common in Japan for a show to have a pre-determined plotline that runs its course and ends in one or two seasons.  Basically, it's a really long miniseries.  We're starting to see more of that sort of thing here, rather than a show that just keeps running and running aimlessly until the ratings call for it to be cancelled.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
They will break out, then after the breakout the one convicted of killing the VP brother will be found not guilty of the crime. But he will be caught and thrown back in jail for breaking out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They will break out, then after the breakout the one convicted of killing the VP brother will be found not guilty of the crime. But he will be caught and thrown back in jail for breaking out.

I have a feeling the end of this season will be the "breakout" and the next season will show the continued life on the run and them still trying to prove who really killed the VP's brother.....if there is a next season that is.

This and Lost is all I watch (besides the Gunny).
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's pretty common in Japan for a show to have a pre-determined plotline that runs its course and ends in one or two seasons.  Basically, it's a really long miniseries.  We're starting to see more of that sort of thing here, rather than a show that just keeps running and running aimlessly until the ratings call for it to be cancelled.

Same deal in Mexico and I'm sure plenty of other places.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top