Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 1:11:27 AM EDT
I recently purchased a couple of 15rd mags for my Sig and the ammo rattles inside the magazine.
when im walking I can hear it so if its audible to me is it also to everyone else,unlike woody where only YOU notice it? I dont wanna get made or have to explain "that noise"
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think many would be able to hear a rattle and think "that mofo has a gun"
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
That mofo sure has a lot of quarters in his pockets......
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no experience with sigs, but the mags don't hold the ammo tightly enough to keep from rattling??? That would definately be annoying.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:24:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That mofo sure has a lot of quarters in his pockets......

Im sorry but I dont think my ears could hear the rattle of a magazine in a mag well under some ones clothing.

Now I have about a 10% or so hearing loss, but that would still be hard to hear and know what it is even with perfect hearing.

And if a magazine is that loose in the mag well I would be more worried is it going to act like ti should when I need it or will it cause a jam.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:33:38 AM EDT
[#5]
1.  Would you ever go up to someone and say, "What's that noise coming from you?"  No.  Don't worry about it; if someone does, it's none of their business.

2.  Who cares if they hear it.  I've been more relaxed while carrying; I keep it concealed but don't worry about occassional printing (if it happens).  I don't have anything to hide.  Now if you're planning on attending mafia meetings, it might be a problem.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
How on earth is there not enough spring pressure to allow this rattling?  I'll trust your diagnosis of what is causing the sound... I would not, however, trust the magazines.  

Don't worry about the rattle in terms of the actual noise... be concerned about the cause.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
so the problem is thought to be spring pressure? well that can easily be fixed than I will just buy wolf springs and replace them. ok cool thanks alot guys.

yes the rattle is from the ammo moving around and not the mag in the magwell it begins when the ninth round is added stops at the 10th and returns every other round 11,13,15
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Just deny you hear anything. Even when it is obvious.

Should make for some good fun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
My wilson mags rattle when I run. But if someone heard it they would probably think it was just a bunch of pocket change anyway.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Does the mag rattle when inserted in the gun? I have a pistol whose mags rattle in my hand or pocket, but when inserted, the rattling stops.  Try taking one round out of the mag and see if it still rattles.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Most people are to unaware to notice.  That is why you can carry a full size auto without most people being aware of it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Most people will probably think it is something like a keychain rattling in your pocket.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll just assume its loose screws.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#14]
my promags do that, and i hate it, because i know that when it rattles, it will jam
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I had some GEN 2 Glock mags that did the same thing.  It's no biggie.  They worked fine, but it did drive me nuts!

HELLO GEN 4 MAGS!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Most people will probably think it is something like a keychain rattling in your pocket.

+1

Just tell someone its your keys or something. My keys make noise as I walk, and thats what most people would assume.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I would assume that you're one of those assholes that can't keep things that clank together in separate pockets.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#18]
It has to do with the geometry and staggered arrangement of the bullets in the magazine. Sometimes one bullet won’t have enough pressure on it from the other bullets that it’s next to and it allows said bullet to slide back and forth inside the magazine causing the rattle. At least this was the problem I had with 1 or 2 of my USP 12 round mags. If the mag had 11 rounds, 1 bullet was loose and would slide back and forth (nose and base) in the magazine and rattle. With 12 or 10, it did not.

Nobody is going to notice or if they do they won't care. Nobody is ever going to think you have a gun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I have never noticed that, but I do notice my leather creeking when I bend certain way to pick up things.  I always figure that if someone is alert enough to notice, they will back away thinking I am a not job dressed in leather undies.

Dan
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
1.  Would you ever go up to someone and say, "What's that noise coming from you?"  No.  Don't worry about it; if someone does, it's none of their business.

2.  Who cares if they hear it.  I've been more relaxed while carrying; I keep it concealed but don't worry about occassional printing (if it happens).  I don't have anything to hide.  Now if you're planning on attending mafia meetings, it might be a problem.

+1 Agreed!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Not much, unless you plan on sneaking up and killing someone.

Good reason to buy a Glock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#22]
How many times have you seen someone with their fly down and not said anything?

Not what is going to change if you hear a little jingle?

I would get different mags only because the jingle would drive me nutz, I can't stand change rattling in my pocket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top