Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 9:57:43 PM EDT
Anyone compile a list of the various weapons?

I think I saw some 1911's in the second movie, and of course, the Thompson, but I'm especially curious what kind of revolvers Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser) was two-fisting in the first movie, they looked quite interesting.

Something authentic, or cheesy movie prop?

---

I did an archive search of all boards from January 1st, 1999 (Since the first movie came out sometime in 1999) until today.

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=11704 - From November of '04, this actually addresses the pistols, but they don't appear correct (they're possibly identified as Webley Mk III or Mk IV's and the original poster wasn't positive).

(ETA:  I'm a dick - my apologies.)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
was he using a Glock fo'tey? I here day ihz duh mummy killuhn shizzles!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the ability to take DVD screencaps at the moment, so here's my crappy pics of my TV screen, if you want to DL them and look:

www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-guns1.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-guns2.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-guns3.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-guns4.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-guns5.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-guns6.jpg

The pics are about 500K-600K each, so dialup beware.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't have the ability to take DVD screencaps at the moment, so here's my crappy pics of my TV screen, if you want to DL them and look:

www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-gun1.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-gun2.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-gun3.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-gun4.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-gun5.jpg
www.kythri.net/pictures/rick-gun6.jpg

The pics are about 500K-600K each, so dialup beware.

404 Page Not Found
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

404 Page Not Found

Yup.  Just fixed the issue, refresh and click the links again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
the short cylinders make me think Webley.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
He had a pair of Webleys, 1897 shotgun, the Thompson of course, a pair of 1911s

at least in the first movie.

I think in th esecond movie he went to a pair of 1917 revolvers instead of the webleys (I could be wrong) and I think I saw a sawn off 1887 shotgun in the bus scene

No idea what the rifle was he had at the very very beginning, with the Legionnaires.

love those movies

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
They're not Webley's.

I think I've just identified them.

www.cruffler.com/historic-july99.html for some information and pictures of the Webley's.

Not that my pictures are the clearest, but looking at any picture I've found of Webley's and comparing them to the guns in my pics, they're not Webley's.

Rick's guns have slabside/solid cylinders with no grooves in them.  Webley's have cylinder grooves.  The grips on the Webley's are also not right.

I just found a "nitpick" of continuity issues and whatnot with the movie that identified them as Chamelot Delvigne 1873's, which look a LOT closer, but still not quite right.

I believe that they are Chamelot Delvigne 1878's in a caliber of 11mm.

www.littlegun.be/arme%20francaise%202/a%20chamelot%20et%20delvigne%20gb.htm

Scroll down and you'll find the pictures of them.

What do you think?

It would also make sense, from a movie continuity standpoint, since Rick was in the French Foriegn Legion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:06:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Dunno if this guy is accurate in his weapons ID:

http://www.nitpickers.com/movies/nitpick.cgi?np=32974
http://www.nitpickers.com/movies/nitpick.cgi?np=48439
pic of guns used ( scroll down)
http://www.mouseplanet.com/usig/mummy1.htm
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Yup!  That first link is what I referenced above that had identified the pistols as Chamelot Delvigne 1873's.

Everything I've found on original 1873's shows that they have fluted cylinders.

Rick's aren't fluted.  According to information that I've found on Google about that make/model of pistol, ricks are either a "Trooper Model" of the 1873 (where the cylinders are not fluted), or they're an 1878.

It could be that the "Trooper Model" was first issued in 1878.  The cylinder seems to be the only difference.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#10]
damn, i thought they were those .455 brit bulldogs...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#11]
IIRC the Americans were carrying the Colt Single Action Army (aka "Peacemaker")
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top