Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 9:49:46 PM EDT
An Oklahoma University student who killed himself by detonating a bomb strapped to his body outside a packed stadium over the weekend was a "suicide bomber" in possession of "Islamic jihad" materials, according to a new report.

Joel Henry Hinrichs III, 21, an engineering major at the school blew himself up outside OU's football stadium during Saturday night's game against Kansas State. Doug Hagmann, a seasoned investigator, told WND he was informed by multiple reliable law-enforcement sources familiar with the investigation into the incident that authorities recovered a "significant amount" of "jihad" materials, as well as Hinrichs' computer.

Hagmann also said those same sources indicated police and federal agents "had pulled additional explosives from [Hinrichs'] house," including triacetone triperoxide, or TATP, "homemade explosive [that is] very potent but relatively easily manufactured."

TATP was also used in the July mass transit bombings in London, CNN reported, and was used by attempted bomber Richard Reid, who packed his shoes with the compound in an unsuccessful attempt to destroy a U.S.-bound American Airlines flight in December 2001.

The confiscated jihad documents "referenced bomb-making manuals and that type of thing," Hagmann said, who added Hinrichs' apartment in Norman, Okla., is "located near the Islamic Society."

A phone at the Islamic Society of Norman went unanswered yesterday. Also, there was no response to an e-mail inquiry by press time.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46640
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:50:13 AM EDT
[#1]
So I guy looking to blow himself up learned how to do it from the Muslims?

I have the entire Al Qaida manual in my favorites. It is damn near useless. Besides, TATP is made from mixing acetone and peroxide. You don't need to be Osama Bin Ladin to figure out how to do it. However, it seems to me that he detonated before he got to where he was going. Maybe he would have been better off if the manuals he read mentioned how unstable TATP is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
maybe he wanted to do a suicide bombing but got to eager/excited and blew his load a lil too soon?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
This kid was an engineering major! Wow no wonder he blew himself up he was a fuck up. Couldn't even do a simple thing right.

Pretty happy he was a fuck up however.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]

This kid was an engineering major! Wow no wonder he blew himself up he was a fuck up.

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and don't consider myself a fuck up. Do engineers make mistakes...you betcha....are they responsible for the existnace of nearly every product sold...you betcha.

+1 on the instability of TATP. The guy was a failure and it's poetic justice he was the only one killed. His parents must be proud.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This kid was an engineering major! Wow no wonder he blew himself up he was a fuck up.

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and don't consider myself a fuck up. Do engineers make mistakes...you betcha....are they responsible for the existnace of nearly every product sold...you betcha.

+1 on the instability of TATP. The guy was a failure and it's poetic justice he was the only one killed. His parents must be proud.

I think I missed putting in some words I was making fun of him, I was saying he must have been a true fuck up and thats why he did it and even as an engineering major fucked this one up.

I have no beef with you people
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool.....what do you mean by "you people"

Bomber  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cool.....what do you mean by "you people"

Bomber  

Damn you engineers always so damn touchy, damn you people

Watched bad santa tonight and found the black midget your people comment rather amusing. Was looking for a place to use it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
He must've been the white jihadist al-Qaeda has been bragging about. The best part was that he didn't even interrupt the football game!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:49:26 AM EDT
[#9]

News this morning and last night was reporting that the FBI has found no ties between this kid and organized terrorism
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

News this morning and last night was reporting that the FBI has found no ties between this kid and organized terrorism

"Move along...there's nothing to see here, citizen. Go about your business."

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
maybe he wanted to do a suicide bombing but got to eager/excited and blew his load a lil too soon?

Learning from his mistakes, others will get it right next time....
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#12]
isn't that the new al qaeda the intel experts are talking about??? a decentralized group with minimal contact between the head rags and the millions of assholes floating around the world who have internet connections? you just throw the idea out there and count on some fucktard to pick up on it then laud him on your website as a true jihadi warrior. makes it that much harder to get a handle on these scumbags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top