Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:19:24 PM EDT
i had to put my dog down after 15 years w the family..   it just feels so fuct up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I know how you feel, dogs are part of the family and losing them is very painful.  Just remember all the good they have brought to you and your family.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
.  the dog i grew up with might have to be put down soon.  i am not going to be happy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Sorry buddy. That had to be tough.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
she started having health issues of recent,  the vet advised she be put down, it all came so sudden.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My sincere condolences to you.  I cried as much when I had to put down my 9 year old black lab (as a result of liver cancer) as I did when my grandfather died.  It came fast also, she stopped eating for a few days and I noticed yellowing of her belly and eyes.

Go out tomorrow and get a puppy, it will make it much better for you and the family.  It did for mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure do feel for you...our pets are our family.  

HH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#9]
So sorry to hear this.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to put my 12 year-old lab down about three years ago.  

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  

I feel your pain, man.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear that.  Ours is close to 15, but I don't know if she is going to make it.  They become such close friends, it's hard to let them go, but there will be relief later on knowing you did the right thing for the dog, and your memories will always be with you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
My pal is in her twilight years. I am not looking forward to that day...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I know your pain. Mine had to be put down after 14 wonderful years. I still miss her to this day, and its been a couple years.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry for your loss. Its hard for some people to understand what a faithfull friend can do to your heart. I seem to be in a minority that feels most dogs are better than most people.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm happy you had so many good years with your friend.  God Bless you.  Patty
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#17]
thanks for your replies
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it wise to get another pup so soon after losing a dog?

Just this past weekend we lost our little miniature fox terrier in an accident on our property and it has left us heartbroken. She didn,t deserve to go the way she did and the whole family is shattered.

Does a new dog straight away ease the loss or will it remind you to much of the one just gone?

I would like to get another soon but my wife wants to wait till the pain eases some.

rest easy Missy. We miss you.

Glen
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i had to put my dog down after 15 years w the family..   it just feels so fuct up.

We had to do the same last week to our 15 year old pup.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry for your loss.

When your grief fades a bit, hopefully you take comfort in the fact that you gave your friend a loving home and a good life. A dog is eternally devoted to his owner, and your repayment for that devotion is providing him a good family and warm bed. Sounds like you did your part.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#21]
sorry
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#22]
dude, plumo, im sorry to hear this

Quoted:

Just this past weekend we lost our little miniature fox terrier in an accident on our property and it has left us heartbroken. She didn,t deserve to go the way she did and the whole family is shattered.

Does a new dog straight away ease the loss or will it remind you to much of the one just gone?

I would like to get another soon but my wife wants to wait till the pain eases some.

Glen

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#23]
My deepest sympathy for your great loss.

salute
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for your post.  I miss my dog Tigger so much some times.  I have this crappy cat as a substitute and it's just not the same thing.  I could drop-kick the cat out the window with hardly a second thought but I miss Tigger a lot.  She was a good dog to me and I wish I could have her back some times.

It's been a couple years since I've had a dog and I'm ready to do it again.  This time though I'm going to do it right.  I'm raising my own puppy from 8 weeks by my own hand and make sure it's in good shape from day 1.  

Best wishes to you and your family.  I hope everything went the way it was supposed to go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I lost my black lab 2 years ago we had him for 12 years he was like our kid i didnt eat for 3 days after just tasted like paper and i wasnt hungry . I still think about him every day ,we didnt want another dog , then we took in the neighborhood stray he sure fills the big empty space . So go save a pound dog you wont regret it. Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks MicronuT,

My sympathy to you for your own loss.

I never realized how much a dog becomes part of your life till now. She was a stray we adopted some years ago and had such  character with her distinct personality.

Very sad.

Would still appreciate an answer from those who have gone through this regarding my question.

Will it help to replace the irreplacable?

Regards
Glen
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Glen

I lost my four year old bird dog to cancer last winter. About killed me. I went right out and got another dog right away. If I had it to do over I would have waited.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top