Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 2:25:59 PM EDT
I have never been on a plane  with my dawg, and honestly im scared to death that my best friend will be treated like luggage.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

NHRA in FLA. this weekend = 5 hr flight from kalli-fornia
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
No biggie, he'll be ok.  If your scared otherwise contact your vet and get it some valium so he can sleep through it.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't do it anymore (especially during the winter). The baggage area is not heated. I have flown my dawg three times and she has hated it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I went through this when I moved to Alaska. The airlines WILL NOT allow the pet to fly unless the weather is within certain peramiters at EVERY airport you stop at. They do this because they take the animals out of the luggage area and put water in there cage. You really need to call the airline and have someone go with you to the airport in case the Fl airport is too hot for the dog.

Tinstar
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
thanx....im thinking of leaving him home

I have trouble trusting strangers w/ my loved ones
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top