Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 12:57:21 PM EDT
0 in the mainstream press?
Are they
Hiding the fact that he was a homegrown ROP'er?
Trying not to create a panic?
Writing him off as a fluke?
Trying not to embarass the ROP? (likely)
Trying not to embarass G W Bush? (well, we needed the laugh)

I mean, let's see. Native born American, makes explosives in his room, blows up early on his way to the game. Eric Rudolph got headlines for blasting a baby murder factory and killing one, this asshat killed just as many......
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It was only a suicide not a suicide bomber.  Plus the kid was white so they do not question where he got the explosives from.  An afgan they might look into where the stuff came from.  hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny, someone called in to Glenn Beck yesterday and asked about this guy. Glenn just said it was some freak that blew himself up and it was a not a story worth getting into!

And this comes from the guy that talked about Iraq being behind the OKC bombing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was only a suicide not a suicide bomber.  Plus the kid was white so they do not question where he got the explosives from.  An afgan they might look into where the stuff came from.  hope this helps

Ok, I didn't hear about the white kid part. Maybe a non issue then.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The kid had downloaded the info from Jihadist web sites, was Islamic, and was walking towards a packed stadium with a bomb around his body. Sounds like premature detonation to me. Are there a lot of suicides by bomb vest around?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The kid had downloaded the info from Jihadist web sites, was Islamic, and was walking towards a packed stadium with a bomb around his body. Sounds like premature detonation to me. Are there a lot of suicides by bomb vest around?

What's the source on that?  I had heard that he had downloaded some of his bomb making instructions from Jihadist web sites, but nothing to indicate that he himself was Muslim.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, are we talking another Johnny Jihad?  What was that idiot's name?

And what was the name of the stupid "white kid" on here who was in the military, was Islamist, and wound up getting busted?

Some who have dismissed the moron in question here have admonished the board for "jumping to conclusions", but if he was a convert that pretty much takes the steam out of their argument.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
He came from my town. The local media interviewed Dad last night. They asked him what he thought of his son being labeled a terrorist, or having connections with terrorists. Dad just laughed it off. The local press tends to not talk about suicides, out of respect for the family. If this was in fact a suicide, that might explain it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#8]
haha, seriously, i feel like that long ass thread was "jumping for jihad, yipee!" and i could almost hear a sigh of dissapointment when it was a emotionally disturbed whitey blowing his dumb self up.

He was a disturbed white kid who committed suicide, there isn't any news there.

Also, so what if he got his information from a Islamic militant website (if that is even true), there are plenty of home grown american websites that teach you how to make basic bombs in ENGLISH... Just do a little searching on the white power network... And if he paid any attention to his college level chemistry class, it doesn't really take the much to figure out how to build a bomb.

Lot of the basic components you can get at a hardware store, and the stuff that isn't easily purchased is available off the internet. Just like how theoretically anyone could put together a evil rifle, with no one knowing about it off the internet with 80% receivers. It wasn't a terrorist attack, and if it was it failed. meh.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So, are we talking another Johnny Jihad?  What was that idiot's name?

John Walker

And what was the name of the stupid "white kid" on here who was in the military, was Islamist, and wound up getting busted?

RebelGray

- both asshats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top