Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 9:56:44 AM EDT
October is Gay and lesbian history month.  I found this out when I walked by the massive display case in the hallway. It was filled with Gay propoganda and such like.  I dare someone to tell me that colleges aren't liberal.  

I'm sure there will be a heterosexual history month in November, because the school seeks equality, right?  Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I dare you to stand in front of that display with a "AIDS: Kills Fags Dead" t-shirt! Then have a friend take a pic.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
"Get in the game"
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dare you to stand in front of that display with a "AIDS: Kills Fags Dead" t-shirt! Then have a friend take a pic.

You owe me a new monitor!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sitting in class reading that.  I would do something similar to that which is suggested, but I dont have the shirt, nor any friends.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
October is Gay and lesbian history month.  I found this out when I walked by the massive display case in the hallway. It was filled with Gay propoganda and such like.  I dare someone to tell me that colleges aren't liberal.  

I'm sure there will be a heterosexual history month in November, because the school seeks equality, right?  Didn't think so.

Higher education is not liberal

nope it don't work for me either
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Tell us what has been in your college display cases for the past twelve months, then we might be able to judge whether it is overtly liberal or not.

Jim
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]

I wonder if the people putting these things on are getting Engineering Degrees or Libtard Arts Degrees
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Heh.....reminds me of "Denim Day" at OkState...

You were supposed to wear denim if you supported gay & lesbian rights.
I think myself and the rest of the College of Ag Science bought up every pair of sweat pants, slacks, and wind pants that could be found in Stillwater.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's just silly.  If you want it to mean something, you have to pick something unusual, not something common.  That's like saying,"Everybody who supports gay rights, be sure to comb your hair tomorrow!"

Did they just want to see a lot of people walking around in jeans and try to bullshit themselves into thinking that all those people were wearing jeans because they support gay rights?  most of them probably hadn't even heard of "Denim Day."  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think myself and the rest of the College of Ag Science bought up every pair of sweat pants, slacks, and wind pants that could be found in Stillwater.

"Denim Day at OkState", brought to you by the Confederation of Oklahoma Sweat Pants Manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dang, I remember that!  Good think I had BDU's to wear to class.  I'm pretty sure they didn't think I was too supportive of their cause.  Is the GLBCA still active on campus?  Do they still paint the ROTC howitzers or chalk the sidewalks during gay pride week?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tell us what has been in your college display cases for the past twelve months, then we might be able to judge whether it is overtly liberal or not.

Jim

It tends to be women's studies, black history month, other cultures, etc.  This has been the most overt thing that I have seen though.  Apparantly WMU did the same thing this month.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont remember none of that stuff when I was in CC.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#14]

How appropriate!

The first week in October is also "National Mental Illness Awareness Week"

Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I hadn't really paid much attention to it before, but when I'm smacked in the face with 20 rainbow flags, and Heather has two Mommies crap.  I still didn't look too closely cause I'd just get pissed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How appropriate!

The first week in October is also "National Mental Illness Awareness Week"

Seriously.

So what you're saying is that they are really closet conservatives?  Didn't think so.

That's priceless though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Higher education is just that.  Education.  You learn about what you need to know for the particular field you are in.  It's about getting prepared for a career you wish to persue.

Paying attention to the things other than your studies is your deal...

Gay people are putting posters up... whaaa whhaaaaaaa...

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Gay and lesbian history month? How can one have history if one cannot reproduce to make a future?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny, I heard it is Hispainc Heritage month...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Want to know what I learned at my community college today?

I learned that when the catecholamine neurotransmitters bind to the postsynaptic membrane, they activate an enzyme on the postsynaptic membrane known as adenylate cyclase.  This enzyme converts atp to cyclic AMP plus 2 PO4's in the cytoplasm of the postsynaptic membrane.

You can go to school and get a degree, or you can go to school and get an education.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I am still waiting for that t shirt pic
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You owe me a new monitor!!!

I really gotta stop drinking and reading ARFCOM..  my laptop doesn't take kindly to liquids.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I found out the sam ething a couple of years ago when i walked in and they were having a rally or something.  They were handing out pamplets of some sort.  I didn't take one thinking they were trying to get people to come and be one of them like the cops do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Can we have a "White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Conservative Gun Owner" Month?  Please?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I learned that when the catecholamine neurotransmitters bind to the postsynaptic membrane, they activate an enzyme on the postsynaptic membrane known as adenylate cyclase.  This enzyme converts atp to cyclic AMP plus 2 PO4's in the cytoplasm of the postsynaptic membrane.

You can go to school and get a degree, or you can go to school and get an education.

Wait, wait.  Now just slow down, son.  You did what now?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Can we have a "White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Conservative Gun Owner" Month?  Please?

Or "White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Conservative Gun Owner Entertainment Television," "Random White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Conservative Gun Owner Guy Day," or maybe "White, Middle Class, Heterosexual, Conservative Gun Owner Pride Parades"

I wish, but that would be racist and insensitive.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, wait.  Now just slow down, son.  You did what now?  

Here's some more s#it I learned today at my local community college.

The diencephalon consists of four parts:  The thalamus, epithalamus, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland.  The thalamus acts primarily as a relay center through which all sensory information except smell passes on the way to the cerebrum.  The epithalamus contains the pineal gland which secretes the hormone Melatonin which may play a role in the endocrine function of reproduction.  The hypothalamus contains the centers for hunger and thirst, and regulates body temperature, sleep and wakefulness, sexual arousal and performance, emotions such as fear, pain, and pleasure, and the pituitary gland.  The pituitary gland secretes hormones (to be discussed in the endocrine system chapter I guess).

I went to my professor's office hours today and checked to see whether a "mental function" was the same thing as an "intellectual process."  Turns out that yes they are the same thing.  Also, I checked that the five parts of the brain, listed by the letters A through F (which is six letters) doesn't really include the reticular formation (which I'd guessed but you never know).  Also, when I asked whether the Six Categories of Neuroglial Cells (numbered 1-8) really included the Sheath of Schwann and the Myelin Sheath, I was told that well really no, those are some other kind of thing.

Needless to say, I'm a straight A student this time through school.  I already have a degree, this time through is for an education.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It is. All that stuff at SkyCat's school is about how it's to be celebrated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is. All that stuff at SkyCat's school is about how it's to be celebrated.

Everyone's special.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top