Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 5:42:12 AM EDT
Just got this from the NRA-ILA

Some companies have been firing employees for having legal firearms locked in their gloveboxes in parking lots or for having hunting firearms in locked in their vehicles.  Should you give up your right of self-defense or you right to have a firearm in your vehicle for lawful purposes because anti-gun company administrators have been encouraged by the Brady Campaign to ban firearms in their parking lots?  Below is the POLL LINK from the very anti-gun South Florida Sun-Sentinel:

Republican lawmakers are proposing a bill that would give Floridians the right to keep guns locked in their vehicles while they're at work -- a practice now banned by many companies. Your opinion?

www.nranews.org/UM/T.asp?A2.24.1899.1.4263944

Or copy and paste this url
www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-100305poll,0,7350068,post.poll
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It sucks but it is their property.  If you're going to keep a gun locked in your vehicle, don't tell anyone about it
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Done
97.7% in favor.
Thet don't call the Florida the "Gunshine" state for nothin'!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It sucks but it is their property.  If you're going to keep a gun locked in your vehicle, don't tell anyone about it

+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
And remember, avoid confrontations and aggressive driving while visiting Florida.  The new law allows shooting people at will.  Doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#5]

97.7%

CAN YOU FEEL THAT, BUDDY?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just because somebody owns property does not mean they can limit your LIBERTY. This is our RIGHT not THIER privilage.

What part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Poll done been hit!

97.8%
I'm in favor it it. Companies should not be allowed to limit workers' constitutional right to bear arms. (6370 responses)

2.2%
I'm opposed to it. Allowing people to have guns at work is dangerous. (146 responses)

6516 total responses
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Republican lawmakers are proposing a bill that would give Floridians the right to keep guns locked in their vehicles while they're at work -- a practice now banned by many companies. Your opinion?

97.8%
I'm in favor it it. Companies should not be allowed to limit workers' constitutional right to bear arms. (6467 responses)

2.2%
I'm opposed to it. Allowing people to have guns at work is dangerous. (147 responses)

6614 total responses

Hit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Done
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#10]

97.8%
I'm in favor it it. Companies should not be allowed to limit workers' constitutional right to bear arms. (6555 responses)

2.2%
I'm opposed to it. Allowing people to have guns at work is dangerous. (149 responses)

6704 total responses
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#11]
+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because somebody owns property does not mean they can limit your LIBERTY. This is our RIGHT not THIER privilage.

What part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing?!?!?!?!

The Bill of Rights, of which the 2nd Amendment is a part, are restrictions placed on the Government.  A company can restrict many of the freedoms that government can not.  

What other part of the United States Constitution is confusing?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#13]
done.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top