Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Jack Booted Thug
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack Booted Thug
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a name given to police by those who have applied but could not for whatever reason get hired as a police officer-usualy a questionable background, or out of shape and could not pass the PFT.

So they sit back on their computer, and talk all this crap about how when the "JBT's" come to take their guns, they won't be taken alive.  Oh-and they wear camo and usually have big beer guts also, and critique special operations missions and argue about why Navy SEALs are so bad, and what they will do when the "SHTF."
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's a name given to police by those who have applied but could not for whatever reason get hired as a police officer-usualy a questionable background, or out of shape and could not pass the PFT.

So they sit back on their computer, and talk all this crap about how when the "JBT's" come to take their guns, they won't be taken alive.  Oh-and they wear camo and usually have big beer guts also, and critique special operations missions and argue about why Navy SEALs are so bad, and what they will do when the "SHTF."

And your point?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I stated my point rather clearly-oh-but I forgot-these same cammie-wearing lard-asses also think all cops wear Oakleys, and that all cops want to ban guns.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quite well put.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this the first episode of Invasion of the Clairvoyant Barrel-Suckers, or did I miss some?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Jack Booted Thug

Dang, I thought it meant the Jewish Booty Team.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think I stated my point rather clearly-oh-but I forgot-these same cammie-wearing lard-asses also think all cops wear Oakleys, and that all cops want to ban guns.

let me guess, your a cop?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#10]
You wish.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
11 replies and no noteworthy copbashing yet?  You guys are slipping.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
This term is overused these days.  It was originally intended for, properly so, a certain antigun federal agency, but has generally been expanded to include other abusive federal agencies.  It referred specifically to those who would kill 12 yr old kids, beat up pregnant women, kill your dog, etc.

It does not apply to 95% of the law enforcment officers out there.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Read Unintended Consequences!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Here in AZ it is referred to as a "Jackalope Buzzing Tazer". Especially needed when you are in Kingman and the local Jack-in-the-Box serves you a jackalope sandwich instead of a spicy chicken sandwich, therefore causing a rather unpleasant bus ride home.

For the snowbirds, a jackalope is a giant rabbit with antlers. That is all.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]

pieceofstink

Well put.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Jiggly Butt Thumper
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Dog shooters.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You are a cop, aren't you.

You think a decent argument against incorrect stereotypes is.....incorrect stereotypes?

I hope they don't ask you to do any investigations or other matters that require rational thought.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#20]
JBT is a joke........an endearing term
Jack booted thug is a reference to out of control LEOs who have forgotten that
their job is to serve and protect the citizens of this country...........that pay them
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#21]
It was a term repeated by Bush Sr. to nationally humiliate and embarrass the NRA.  Harriet Miers may acquire the same connotation in the coming years......kinda like Bush Sr's  Souter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It was a term repeated by Bush Sr. to nationally humiliate and embarrass the NRA.  Harriet Miers may acquire the same connotation in the coming years......kinda like Bush Sr's  Souter.

I remember it the other way around... It came about when Wayne Lapierre put the term in a letter to members. It got out and many people used it as an opportunity to bash the NRA for being extremist.

I could be recalling it incorrectly though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#23]

<paris> Jackboots are hot. </paris>
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are a cop, aren't you.

You think a decent argument against incorrect stereotypes is.....incorrect stereotypes?

I hope they don't ask you to do any investigations or other matters that require rational thought.

Probably not a cop- but wants to be someday, after he takes some night classes at the local junoir college.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#25]
mac - Your are right.  Sr. is the one who exploited it for personal gain though.  Bastard. (Bush, Sr.)
I don't fergive and I don't fergit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What's this acronym

Jack Booted Thug as previously posted. Illustrated, they look like this...

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Good stuff there man. Anyone who doesn't put his trust in all cops must indeed fit this description. Bet you think that anyone who still has a bad taste in their mouth over the events at Waco is a camo-clad nutjob also. Do you acknowledge that JBT's even exist? Probably not. What about agents at Waco? Just following orders, right? And some wonder why anyone would question the resolve of some LEO's to PROTECT AND UPHOLD the law (which includes the 2nd Ammendment of the US Constitution).

You sir... may just be a prime example of a JBT.

For the record... I'm not a fat guy, I'm not wearing camo, and I never pursued (or desired) a career in law enforcement. Fighting an ignorant stereotypes with an even more ignorant stereotype is pretty lame.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

let me guess, your a cop?

Yeah he seem like one of those that will defend LEO's NO MATTER how wrong they are or how ILLEGAL their actions are.

Talk about stereotyping, its asshats like him w/ big egoes that give em a bad name as shown by the below post

So they sit back on their computer, and talk all this crap about how when the "JBT's" come to take their guns, they won't be taken alive. Oh-and they wear camo and usually have big beer guts also, and critique special operations missions and argue about why Navy SEALs are so bad, and what they will do when the "SHTF."
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Read Unintended Consequences!!!!!!

Unintended Consequences is Fiction

JBT is a term applied to 98% of the police encounters described in these forums.

Calling a decent LEO a JBT is like calling a Black a N*****

It's very offensive and not the slightest bit endearing.  (Kind of like calling your wife a Ho)

Perhaps that is why guys like pieceofstink say what they do.

This board goes a long way into perpetuating the Donut Eating, Dog Killing, JBT streotypes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I thought the term was popularized after the NRA ran an ad in response to the Waco debacle.

The ATF agents were termed as thugs and Bush 41 ended up citing it as an example of the NRA's supposed extremism.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#31]
a Jack Booted Thug is

Any cop that ever shot a dog, for any reason.

Any cop who enforces a law you disagree with.

Any cop who is prior military, is in shape and has a short haircut.

Any cop who drives too fast to a non emergency call for service.
Any cop who drive too slow to your non emergency call for service.

Any cop who arrested your brother for his drug stash.
Any cop who wont arrest those guys on your street who you are sure are dealing.

Any cop who arrested your friend for DUI.
Any cop who wont do something about those damn kids speeding on your street.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/actu0l.jpg

Nice pic! That sums up the BATF+E alright.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
a Jack Booted Thug is

+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
a Jack Booted Thug is

I've always considered "Jack Booted Thug" as an ugly term used to describe a Federal Agent or Police Officer who either considers themselves above the law, or who likes the power of their authority to a point where they have no problem with abusing the civil rights of those they are here to protect.

It is true that there are some who have such an aversion to (or hatred of) authority as to label all police and agents "JBTs".  The actual percentages of those people I suspect are low.  Just as I believe the actual percentage of police and agents who tend to abuse their authority is low.

It appears stereotypes go both ways.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

www.atfabuse.com/rapeofliberty2.jpg

That lady with the scales is a bit too hot the purposes of that illustration. It's eliciting the wrong emotion from me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
a Jack Booted Thug is

You sound overly defensive...I wonder why?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I thought the term was popularized after the NRA ran an ad in response to the Waco debacle.

The ATF agents were termed as thugs and Bush 41 ended up citing it as an example of the NRA's supposed extremism.  

Waco was brought to you by Klinton42...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
a Jack Booted Thug is

+1 and well said.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
a Jack Booted Thug is

How does this sound defensive? It's clear, concise and to the point.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good stuff there man. Anyone who doesn't put his trust in all cops must indeed fit this description. Bet you think that anyone who still has a bad taste in their mouth over the events at Waco is a camo-clad nutjob also. Do you acknowledge that JBT's even exist? Probably not. What about agents at Waco? Just following orders, right? And some wonder why anyone would question the resolve of some LEO's to PROTECT AND UPHOLD the law (which includes the 2nd Ammendment of the US Constitution).

You sir... may just be a prime example of a JBT.

For the record... I'm not a fat guy, I'm not wearing camo, and I never pursued (or desired) a career in law enforcement. Fighting an ignorant stereotypes with an even more ignorant stereotype is pretty lame.  

Well, at least you know what it feels like to be on the wrong end of a stereotype, now.

BTW, this thread's a DUPE

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=392704

so, IBTL
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd get in on this, but my Oakleys are obscuring the button under mah belly to pulls mah cammies down an' moon yo' my ass, Mr. JBT Piece of Stink...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
a Jack Booted Thug is

How does this sound defensive? It's clear, concise and to the point.

It's more stereotyping, and its no more correct than the stereotyping about cops is.
Clear concise and to the point doesnt matter if its incorrect. JBT is clear, concise and to the point, but misused 98% of the time it comes out of someones mouth.

You can't use fallacies to attack fallacies and then claim the moral high ground anymore than the cop haters can.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.atfabuse.com/rapeofliberty2.jpg

That lady with the scales is a bit too hot the purposes of that illustration. It's eliciting the wrong emotion from me.

Lady liberty is a fat ass AFT agent that is peeking thru the blind fold to she if he knows anyone in the court.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
This term is overused these days.  It was originally intended for, properly so, a certain antigun federal agency, but has generally been expanded to include other abusive federal agencies.  It referred specifically to those who would kill 12 yr old kids, beat up pregnant women, kill your dog, etc.

It does not apply to 95% of the law enforcment officers out there.  

I guess that other 5% was in New Orleans last month. JBT originally referred to the stone-cold killers who work for the ATF, but I use the term to refer to any law enforcement officer who would enfore an unconstitutional law.  While the ATF still takes the cake for most blatant disregard for our rights, the disease seems to be spreading quickly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:58:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
a Jack Booted Thug is

He's not defensive, he's right on the money.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:06:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What the hell is JBT mean  

What the hell does JBT mean ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:29:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Congressman John Dingell, as the liberal chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, who
called the BATF "... [a] jack-booted group of fascists who are perhaps as large a danger to American society as I could pick today." in reference to the BATF's actions during the Waco tragedy.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:33:27 AM EDT
[#50]
in VA, if a JBT catches you with a radar detector, they grab the detector and stomp it to pieces with their jack boots.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top