Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 7:58:51 PM EDT
Well picked up a brewing system the other day, all I'm missing is a co2 tank and a regulator.

Then my dad gives me an oxygen tank, one that's not quite waist high painted green.... it's been unused and empty for a year.... was from one of his clients a long time ago.

I'm hopeing I can pull the valve off this tank and  install one that'll allow it to be filled with CO2 to use with a keg system...... anyone know of a place where I could find such a fitting?

After I get it setup, I am going to get it inspeccted to verify that it holds presssure.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be surprised if you could get an O2 bottle filled with CO2.  Very surprised.  But you can probably trade it for a proper tank.  Be careful, though.  Some oxygen tank sizes are deemed "rental only" and it could be confiscated.  Might want to check it out before hauling it in.  Wish I had more info, but somebody here surely does.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a pressure regulator (show remaining gas and pressure you're pumping) that I'd like to get rid of.  Make me a reasonable offer, no idea what it's worth.  I don't think I can ship you the empty CO2 bottle.

Got a 5 gallon (?) soda keg too.  God knows it probably needs some serious cleaning though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Not going to happen.  To prevent danger from substitution of contents, valves are not commonly available...IIRC, you need a CGA 320 service.  Threads are slightly different on oxygen, IIRC that is a .854" x 14 where CGA 320 is 0.825 x 14.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've got a pressure regulator (show remaining gas and pressure you're pumping) that I'd like to get rid of.  Make me a reasonable offer, no idea what it's worth.  I don't think I can ship you the empty CO2 bottle.

Got a 5 gallon (?) soda keg too.  God knows it probably needs some serious cleaning though.

PM Sent
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Your better off buying a CO2 cylinder made for the job.

That old O2 cylinder likely needs to be fully hydro tested and recertified.

Also most suppliers won't fill a tank they did not lease out or one that has another suppliers ID on it.

There are also D.O.T. issues for transporting a cylinder that is mis labeled.

Buying the proper tank/valve assy is much cheaper in the long run.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top