Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:12:50 PM EDT
So I am expecting some parts from Bushmaster that were supposed to be delivered on Friday 9/30/05 per UPS. Never came. Got a phone call about 8:30 pm Friday local time from UPS stating that the driver couldn't locate our home , so decided, instead of calling the number on the package to get directions, to take it back to the distribution center for another attempt. My wife was advised that the package would arrive the following day, Saturday, since they screwed up.

So I tracked the package online. It's scheduled for delivery on Monday. I called UPS Saturday and offered to drive the 90 miles round trip to the distribution center and get the damn package myself. The Supervisor I spoke to said she would make the necessry arrangements and call me within the hour. She never called back. I waited three hours and called back, spoke to someone else of course.  Was told, no, can't go pick it up, distribution center closed to public on weekends. Then I was told that there is no Saturday delivery in my town period, end of story. Will get delivery on Monday, oh well. I asked if a signature was required and she said no.

Get home tonight, guess what!?! No package, but there is a slip stating that a signature is required for delivery. WTF!?!

So I called customer service and they are allegedly going to hold the package for me to pick up tomorrow. As much as I've been lied to by UPS, I can only pray that it's there when I go to get it.

Doesn't "brown" seem like a suitable choice of corporate color for an organization that so freely deficates upon its customers?

I have submitted a request for refund on my shipping cost. The woman I spoke to told me to contact Bushmaster.  I told her I will not since this is a UPS problem, not a Bushmaster problem. UPS should eat the cost of their foul up. Bushmaster bent over backwards getting this order filled for me. When I called and spoke to Jarrod and Cheryl to place the order, they said to expect to wait 4-6 weeks. BFI turned my order around in TWO DAYS (!!!!!!), but UPS can't get their shit together and get the package to me.

What a crock of "brown".
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Think yur pissed now?  Just wait until you see your nice new upper in the banana shaped box that somebody thoughtfully backed over with a nice brown truck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Think yur pissed now?  Just wait until you see your nice new upper in the banana shaped box that somebody thoughtfully backed over with a nice brown truck.

They will be refunding a bunch more that the $16.50 I'm asking for now........
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a very similar experience with UPS about every 3rd-4th package. They are my least favorite shipping company for this reason.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never had a prob with UPS.  When I get a notice, I call them and they have always called me back when the truck makes it back to dist. center.  When I get there to pick up my package they have it right behind the desk waiting for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
UPS is my absolute least favorite method of shipping or receiving anything.
Fedex and USPS both ship faster than UPS.

What can Brown do for you?

Nothing good.

HS1
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
UPS dropped 5,000 rounds of ammo that I ordered on an old lady's porch across the street.  I had some 'splaining to do.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
UPS is my absolute least favorite method of shipping or receiving anything.
Fedex and USPS both ship faster than UPS.

What can Brown do for you?

Nothing good.

HS1

Agreed. Those BASTARDS!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#8]
UPS very nearly put me out of business with their incompetence ... Never again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
id like to hire this one for my next delivery

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I like UPS myself. A couple of weeks ago I was waiting on a delivery from K-var. My UPS guy normally comes at 3:00-4:00 pm.  Well I get home at 2:00 and there's the slip on the door. So I call the number on the slip. They say they'll call back within 2 hours. Well 2 hours and 15 min goes by and they call. I asked If I can meet the driver, the lady says let me check she comes back on the line and gives me his personal cell number and tells me where he is willing to meet me. Try to get that kind of service out of the USPS.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

img114.imageshack.us/img114/6915/ups1wg.png

Saved to harddrive!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I like UPS myself. A couple of weeks ago I was waiting on a delivery from K-var. My UPS guy normally comes at 3:00-4:00 pm.  Well I get home at 2:00 and there's the slip on the door. So I call the number on the slip. They say they'll call back within 2 hours. Well 2 hours and 15 min goes by and they call. I asked If I can meet the driver, the lady says let me check she comes back on the line and gives me his personal cell number and tells me where he is willing to meet me. Try to get that kind of service out of the USPS.

USPS? I can't get that kind of service out of UPS!

THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
My  Mother in Law's husband (NOT my father in Law) works for UPS and from what goes on in there.. if a customer complains WHOEVER that fucks up gets written up REAL BAD and if you make A LOT  of noise on up the ladder... Shit rolls down hill.... I hope you got names and find out who their supervisors are... I LOATHE INCOMPETENCE!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My  Mother in Law's husband (NOT my father in Law) works for UPS and from what goes on in there.. if a customer complains WHOEVER that fucks up gets written up REAL BAD and if you make A LOT  of noise on up the ladder... Shit rolls down hill.... I hope you got names and find out who their supervisors are... I LOATHE INCOMPETENCE!!!

I sure hope you are right because I sent off a scathing e mail to corporate tonight, and yes, I named names.

FUCKING BITCHES AND HOES!!!

To them its an extra 4 day wait on an item that should take 7 actual days to deliver. The error has nearly doubled the usual delivery time. Now add to that my approximately 90 mile round trip to go pick up my package at $3.10 a fucking gallon (!!!), not to even mention that this configuration was not available to us lowly civillians for 10 fucking years (!!!), and it took me awhile to come up with the money to order the upper. I'm so pissed. Thanks for letting me vent.

FLITHY DIRTY ROTTEN FUCKING BASTARDS!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had good and bad experience with all of them.  DHL is my least favorite.  I prefer to ship packages with USPS or UPS, or FedEX if I need to overnight something.  I dislike recieving items from FedEx  becasuse they routinely leave packages at the door of my apartment instead of the leasing office, even if the items are signature required.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Ummm didnt you need those parts for a competitive shoot this last weekend?

Incompetence is a fucking disease and it is spreading faster than the plague!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ummm didnt you need those parts for a competitive shoot this last weekend?

Incompetence is a fucking disease and it is spreading faster than the plague!

Yeah, really!

Actually, I did take off from work on Saturday thinking that I would be able to assemble my niffty new weapon and get it zeroed. Wasted a day off for nothing. Thanks "brown".

I know its not a huge deal when you look at the viewing audience of American TV, but over 200 people have seen this thread in the few short hours that I have had it up. And it was posted after 11 pm EDT on a weekday night. Like they say, a happy customer will tell one person about their good experience, but an unhappy one will tell 10 people about a bad one, and so it spreads...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I find it really hard to believe that UPS does not know where your house is, and since UPS knows 99.9% of all addresses in North America.

Most of th e UPS Drivers I know would never dare come back with a unknown address, the only way I see this happening is that the shipper put the wrong or incomplete address on the parcel. If there is a phone number on the package they do call or they send the phone number in to the center  and wait for confirmation on the address

I have never known a UPS Supervisor not address themselves when you are talking to them on the telephone, if there is one thing about UPS Supervisors, they are Professional, they are assholes but they are Professional Assholes

Sorry but there is more to the story then we are hearing here
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I find it really hard to believe that UPS does not know where your house is, and since UPS knows 99.9% of all addresses in North America.

Most of th e UPS Drivers I know would never dare come back with a unknown address, the only way I see this happening is that the shipper put the wrong or incomplete address on the parcel. If there is a phone number on the package they do call or they send the phone number in to the center  and wait for confirmation on the address

I have never known a UPS Supervisor not address themselves when you are talking to them on the telephone, if there is one thing about UPS Supervisors, they are Professional, they are assholes but they are Professional Assholes

Sorry but there is more to the story then we are hearing here

Yeah, I was suprised to hear that they couldn't find the house either since we've lived here for almost 10 years and have received numerous shipments from UPS. Oh, they called, but not untill the driver got back to the distribution center and told someone that the delivery wasn't made. FEDEX and DHL have never had an issue finding the place. When I spoke to UPS, they read me the correct addy, even though the web tracking indicated that the addy was incorrect/incomplete. The excuse given was that the driver couldn't find the turn off that is over a mile from our place. I guess its real professional to tell your customer that you will call them back in an hour or less, refuse to give your contact info since, afterall, you will be contacting the customer as promised, and then fail to call back. Thats not  a professional asshole, thats just an asshole. And a really "brown" way of doing business.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I can honestly say that I have had no bad experiences that I can remember with UPS. The drivers have always been pleasant. In fact if I'm not home the normal driver leaves my packages in a spot I requested. No, I'm not telling you where either.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I can honestly say that I have had no bad experiences that I can remember with UPS. The drivers have always been pleasant. In fact if I'm not home the normal driver leaves my packages in a spot I requested. No, I'm not telling you where either.

We had a UPS driver like that a few years ago. Had the route for over a year, even left packages that were supposed to have signatures. Guess he was too efficient and either got promoted, or more likely, fired.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Well the DIAD board will not let you put a incorrect address into it........Every UPS driver I know, and I know a lot of them since I was a UPS Driver carries a map book.........Packages do not get brought back at the end of the night. like I said if there was a phone number on it the driover would key the number on the DIAD Board and someone from the center would have called you  right away to get the correct address and directions

So did you even bother to take down the name of the Supervisor that you talked to?
Did you offer any directions?
The last thing UPS wants on that truck at the end of the day is a un-delieverd package, That costs them money.

When you recive your package, take a pic of the pen inked service cross by the shipping label, from the first delivery attempt, I would be real curious to see what was written on it

The Servce cross will have a date, time, some letters and intials
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well the DIAD board will not let you put a incorrect address into it........Every UPS driver I know, and I know a lot of them since I was a UPS Driver carries a map book.........Packages do not get brought back at the end of the night. like I said if there was a phone number on it the driover would key the number on the DIAD Board and someone from the center would have called you  right away to get the correct address and directions

So did you even bother to take down the name of the Supervisor that you talked to?
Did you offer any directions?
The last thing UPS wants on that truck at the end of the day is a un-delieverd package, That costs them money.

When you recive your package, take a pic of the pen inked service cross by the shipping label, from the first delivery attempt, I would be real curious to see what was written on it

The Servce cross will have a date, time, some letters and intials

Well, my wife received the call from someone claiming to be from UPS at about 8:30pm local time. I've never know UPS to deliver to our area after 6:00pm. The person told her that the driver couldn't locate the road that leads to our home, which is clearly marked, even has a real street sign and everything. The UPS rep told my wife what addy they had for us, as given to them by Bushmaster. The info was correct and complete. My wife then gave directions and was assured that the package would be delivered the next day, which I thought was bullshit since it was Saturday. Guess I was right. As far as the first delivery attempt, UPS isn't even counting Friday's fuck up as an attempt, as the infonotice left today states that today was the first attempt to deliver. What a crock of shit.

As far as obtaining names, yes I bothered to get them, and I also bothered to include them in the e mail I sent to UPS corporate tonight. If you had scruitinized some of my earlier posts as carefully as you trying to defend your former employer, you would have already garnered that information instead of having to ask again. Wait! Are sure you are not still a UPS driver?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#24]
IF the package comes back into the hub, it gets re-entered into the system, if the package is re-entered into the system it has to have a reason why it has be re-entered. This is because it is logged on the DIAD Board and the DIAD board will show that it was never delivered. Then Bushmaster will be credited for a unsuccessful delivery.......Honestly UPS takes this matter really serious. I dont believe for one minute that the package was brought back and not re-entered

I can tell you this firsthand, I never once came back with a package, you do what it takes to do to get it to the customer, if that means you are on your route till 9:00 P.M., then so be it.

The package gets delivered..or it is broughtback with a reason, and the reason will be on the package.  

Unless you or Bushmaster paid for Saturday Delivery, Which is really expensive and mostly Saturaday service is used by Doctors and Lawyers,  the package will be brought out on Monday

Got a picture of the box, or a tracking number?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Wait! Are sure you are not still a UPS driver?

No,  I dont drive for them anymore, but a lot of my closest friends still do, along with my Daughters Godfather. Plus I am a Stockholder in UPS, so badmouthing them could effect my bottom line.

I know how the system works, and it works very well and has for the last 98 years.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Dealt with UPS for four years with an average of about 150 packages a day shipped out.  Mostly ground but quite a bit of air too.  They beat the average over Fedex, USPS (shudder) and Airborne (DHL) any day of the week.

As a commercial customer I'd likely never use another carrier than UPS.
As a residential customer they've really pissed me off on occassion.

Had a few doosies with UPS though.  I recall that every package I sent with them to China got lost at Chinese Customs, go figure, eh?    The one that really got our goat was the SonicAir (UPS Same Day delivery anywhere to the contiguous States if picked up before noon, single courier) was somehow lost in Seattle.    $350 worth in charges for time sensitive material that was worthless by the next morning, when they found it and delivered it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
IF the package comes back into the hub, it gets re-entered into the system, if the package is re-entered into the system it has to have a reason why it has be re-entered. This is because it is logged on the DIAD Board and the DIAD board will show that it was never delivered. Then Bushmaster will be credited for a unsuccessful delivery.......Honestly UPS takes this matter really serious. I dont believe for one minute that the package was brought back and not re-entered

I can tell you this firsthand, I never once came back with a package, you do what it takes to do to get it to the customer, if that means you are on your route till 9:00 P.M., then so be it.

The package gets delivered..or it is broughtback with a reason, and the reason will be on the package.  

Unless you or Bushmaster paid for Saturday Delivery, Which is really expensive and mostly Saturaday service is used by Doctors and Lawyers,  the package will be brought out on Monday

Are you really that obtuse? No I don't have a picture of the box, UPS has failed to deliver the box. That's what this thread is all about. Get it now?

As for the false promise of Saturday delivery, no, it was not a service requested or paid for by myself or Bushmaster. It was an offer made by UPS to rectify the situation that UPS created.

Since you are so "in the know", my friend, let us in on it. The whole "brown" thing is an inside joke, right, because of the way UPS shits on the customer, right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The question is, what can I do for Brown? PLENTY
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you really that obtuse? No I don't have a picture of the box, UPS has failed to deliver the box. That's what this thread is all about. Get it now?

As for the false promise of Saturday delivery, no, it was not a service requested or paid for by myself or Bushmaster. It was an offer made by UPS to rectify the situation that UPS created.

Since you are so "in the know", my friend, let us in on it. The whole "brown" thing is an inside joke, right, because of the way UPS shits on the customer, right?

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!

Easy there guys.. we are on the same team remember?

I think what we have here are two guys that

1. Is a pissed off customer that isnt getting good customer service (VALID POINT)
--and--
2. A former employee who knows the workings of the delivery company and feels there is a logical explanation of the ongoings (VALID POINT)

I will bet my bottom dollar that this will get resolved... HOWEVER I dont know what UPS can do to rectify it. they cant turn the clock back to get it to you earlier (I AM NOT FLAMING YOU HERE) Unfortunately, customers fall through the cracks and you have fallen victim to that. I have too as well and it pisses me off to no end.

We are on a "training route" Yippee for me so that means that some drivers will leave packages and others will tag my door when they are instructed to leave them if we are not there.

If you logged a complaint with UPS, they WILL answer. i will be shocked if they dont.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I dislike them profoundly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#31]
I dont use them anymore. Way to many fucked up boxes I recieved. USPS arrives great everytime.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#32]
UPS Sucks, they have sucked crap ever since the bastards went on strike...on fricking strike...for more money in the mid 90's.  They are already overpaid and overbenefitted for the common ass labor they do.  I know and have known many personally as well.

I ship everything thru USPS..even though they suck and are overpaid, at least they are convenient and don't charge an extra damn dollar to go to a residence.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Definitely.  If she showed up on my doorstep I would have to deliver.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Ah, the saga continues...

So I checked on line and the tracking said that the package was waiting for me to pick it up. Went to town and got to the distribution center and they advised me that the package was not pulled and was out for delivery, sorry for the inconvienence.

Wonderful. So, I get home, call UPS and they tell me that the package shows as awaiting customer pick up at the distribution center. Wonderful.

So, I called the local number I have and the woman advised me that she would contact the driver and he would contact me. I just got off the phone with the driver who called in less than the hour promised(!!! :)), and he said that he would be at my door around 4:00 pm. It's 2:50 here now, so I guess I will wait and see what happens.

What a goat rope this has been, and, still is...

Keep you posted!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#35]
So, by the time its about 5:00 pm I'm about ready to call the UPS driver to see what the deal is when the phone rings. It's the driver. He said that my package wasn't on his truck after all. Said he was down to about the last 20 boxes on the truck and looked for mine coz he was going to bring it to me, but couldn't find it. I asked him if he didn't have it and the distribution center didn't have it, and I sure don't have it, so where is it and who has it? Said he didn't know and told me to call the distribution center again.

I did and the woman said that the "entire staff" searched high and low for my package when the driver let them know that it wasn't on his truck. Low and behold, they did have it after all. Wonderful. I was told that the center closed to the public at 6:00, but that she would be there until 8:00 and if I wanted to come and pick up the package I could, as long as I got there by 8:00. Well friends and neighbors, I was there at 5:37 and got my package. What a total fuckaroo that was.

The good news is that the upper was in perfect shape and looks so sweet as an assembled weapon.

My heart felt thanks to Bushmaster for their excellent product and customer service. I need to say again that I was told to expect a 4-6 WEEK wait to get my rebarreled upper back when I placed the order. Bushmaster turned it around in two DAYS!!! That is what I'm talking about! Maybe UPS will take notes from Bushmaster and learn that it is good to take care of their customers instead of "brown"-ing on them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Well Sorry you had a bad expierience.......................Communication is key and it sounds like both parties lacked in it

The good thing is you got your part now where are the pics of this weapon

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#37]
While UPS has never failed me USPS and FedEx have been always 1 or 2 days faster than UPS in my experience.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Well Sorry you had a bad expierience.......................Communication is key and it sounds like both parties lacked in it

The good thing is you got your part now where are the pics of this weapon

I'm sorry that it happened, too.

For the record, I was communicating with them, but they weren't doing anything to correct the matter, just giving excuses and lying about it.

I appologize for jumping your shit, but the friend of my enemy is my enemy, if you know what I mean.

Sorry, no pix available since money is tight and every spare penny has been going towards gun projects instead of a digital camera purchase.

Here's the info on this build:

Began life in 1999 as a  post-ban Bushmaster A2 Shorty AK carbine.
Sent the upper off to Bushmaster to get rebarrelled with a 16" Superlight no-ban assembly with A2 flash hider and lug--I know, itsa 16", but whatever, and a new bolt and side sling swivel. I installed a new Bushy 6 position tele-stock to complete the de-banning of the weapon.  Looks like stock# BCWA2F. Will probably put some M4-type handguards on it and call it good. If they look silly with the pencil bbl, I'll go back to the CAR handguards. It is lighter than my M4gery, but I do not have an exact weight on it. It is a sweet  little plain jane though!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I havent been ripped off by UPS yet. They deliver guns, ammo, and knives, never ask my age even when I was like 10 years old, and couldnt even carry the case of ammo into the house.

I think they have the best tracking information out of all the others.

Edit: I can see why you would be mad. I sure the hell would be.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
So in 37 minutes you had 2 phone conversations and then made a 45 minute trip?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So in 37 minutes you had 2 phone conversations and then made a 45 minute trip?

Got the call from the driver at about 4:48, got off the phone with distribution center at 4:55, and drove 45 miles, arriving at 5:37. What? You always drive the speed limit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top