Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 7:12:39 PM EDT
Saw it on Fox News this afternoon. Of course she brought up gun controll. She started bitching about how the Rehnquist court had been stripping congress' ability to pass legsilation by limiting them to the commerce clause of the constitution. Then she started with an example:

'for example, they overturned a law we passed saying that you couldn't bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a school. Now no one wants guns in schools, look at what happened with Columbine, but the Rehnquist court overturned that law under the auspices of the commerce clause.'

That woman is a fucking menace.

I believe the video is still on Foxnews.com if you're interested in hearing it straight from the horse's ass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya, I saw it. That woman is obsessed with disarming us.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Saw it on Fox News this afternoon. Of course she brought up gun controll. She started bitching about how the Rehnquist court had been stripping congress' ability to pass legsilation by limiting them to the commerce clause of the constitution. Then she started with an example:

'for example, they overturned a law we passed saying that you couldn't bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a school. Now no one wants guns in schools, look at what happened with Columbine, but the Rehnquist court overturned that law under the auspices of the commerce clause.'

That woman is a fucking menace CUNT.

I believe the video is still on Foxnews.com if you're interested in hearing it straight from the horse's ass.

Fixed it for ya.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
'for example, they overturned a law we passed saying that you couldn't bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a school.

I think what DiFi is referring to is the fact that the radius ban was de-toothed because it imparted rights that would have been normally restricted to the owner of a peoperty, to that of private property.  Does the school dress code apply in your house if you live next door?  The gun ban would have, and that wouldn't pass muster.  Once again, a gun case not taken on 2nd ammendment grounds.

Is my memory correct here...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
'for example, they overturned a law we passed saying that you couldn't bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a school.

I think what DiFi is referring to is the fact that the radius ban was de-toothed because it imparted rights that would have been normally restricted to the owner of a peoperty, to that of private property.  Does the school dress code apply in your house if you live next door?  The gun ban would have, and that wouldn't pass muster.  Once again, a gun case not taken on 2nd ammendment grounds.

Is my memory correct here...

I think that your facts are correct, but the motivations behind the law and fucktards who wrote it were definately aimed directly at the second amendement. As where Swinestain's comments this afternoon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top