Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 4:36:06 PM EDT
My trusted Surefire E2e unexpectedly quit on me earlier tonight. This is the second E2e I have had and the sixth Surefire. The first time I tried to use it, it produced no light, so I quickly changed the batteries and it seemed to work fine. An hour later, I took it out again, unlocked the tailcap and turned it on. At first, it worked like normal, and then cut out completely. I stripped it, looked at the bulb, which appears to be fine, and tried another set of batteries. Nothing.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Any suggestions?

How is Surefire's customer service?

I have been using Surefire products for years and have never had any type of problem or failure, so don't take this as bashing. Some things typicallly work so well, and have such a stellar reputation, that you just take for granted that they will always work.

This is but a reminder that anything, even the best equipment, can go belly up at any time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Weird, I don't know what to tell you.  I have never had a problem.  Tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
There's really nothing besides the batteries, bulb and connections that could go wrong.  Brush off the connections with steel wool and see if that happens.  Maybe a little corrosion?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My trusted Surefire E2e unexpectedly quit on me earlier tonight. This is the second E2e I have had and the sixth Surefire. The first time I tried to use it, it produced no light, so I quickly changed the batteries and it seemed to work fine. An hour later, I took it out again, unlocked the tailcap and turned it on. At first, it worked like normal, and then cut out completely. I stripped it, looked at the bulb, which appears to be fine, and tried another set of batteries. Nothing.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Any suggestions?

How is Surefire's customer service?

I have been using Surefire products for years and have never had any type of problem or failure, so don't take this as bashing. Some things typicallly work so well, and have such a stellar reputation, that you just take for granted that they will always work.

This is but a reminder that anything, even the best equipment, can go belly up at any time.

I think they got a no lemon policy- if you return it they should hook you up with a new one...good luck brother
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
They will fix it or replace it without a fuss.  I once called them to get replacement lexan lenses for my older 6P, and they sent me three of them free of charge, and they paid for shipping too.  They took my word that the lense was scratched and did not require me to prove that I actually own a 6P or to send it in to them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's really nothing besides the batteries, bulb and connections that could go wrong.  Brush off the connections with steel wool and see if that happens.  Maybe a little corrosion?  

The connections was my thought as well, but they still look shiny and new. I have only had this light for a few months.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]

I bet it's the bulb. They still look fine when they go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 I bet it's the bulb. They still look fine when they go.

I had a 9z that had the bulb go out. They sent me a new one free.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Use a multimeter on Ohm ( Ω ) setting to see if it's still good.

00.00 reading? You're bulb's OK.

...............1? SOL. Bye Bye, bulb.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They will fix it or replace it without a fuss.  I once called them to get replacement lexan lenses for my older 6P, and they sent me three of them free of charge, and they paid for shipping too.  They took my word that the lense was scratched and did not require me to prove that I actually own a 6P or to send it in to them.

Hmmm...  I'll have to get ahold of them and let them know my Surefire Beast is broken.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
What are the proper batteries that need to be used in a 6 Z Surefire. I have been haveing problems with mine as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What are the proper batteries that need to be used in a 6 Z Surefire. I have been haveing problems with mine as well.

123 Lithiums

CR123A
SF123A

etc.......
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Try a new bulb.  If that doesn;t work then take out new bulb, put inold bulb and send in your light.  

use your backup light during this time.  Don't have a backup? Buy one.

Wait till they replace repair your light.  These lights have a lifetime warrenty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top