Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2001 4:47:31 AM EDT
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/frame/direct.asp?SITE=sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-723shoot.story?coll=sfla%2Dhome%2Dheadlines[/url]

PALM BEACH GARDENS -- A construction worker shot two co-workers with an AK-47 rifle Monday, killing one, after an argument with his foreman over picking up nails, police said.

The suspect, whose name was not immediately released, was taken into custody by police after the 9 a.m. shooting at a construction site at 13353 Provence Drive in an exclusive gated community in this West Palm Beach suburb.

The injured worker was in critical condition at St. Mary's Medical Center, police said.

Police said property management at the Frenchman's Creek subdivision approached the crew and asked them to pick up nails that were scattered on the ground.

The foreman asked the suspect to pick up the nails, police said.

``At that point, he became angry, went to his car, took out the AK-47 and started shooting,'' said Palm Beach Gardens Police Lt. Robert Artolla.

Police didn't know whether the foreman was one of the victims. The names of the victims were not immediately released pending notification of family members.

Artolla said police believe the suspect also turned the gun on other people at the construction site, but ran out of ammunition.  

Copyright © 2001, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:54:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quote from story -
Artolla said police believe the suspect also turned the gun on other people at the construction site, [b]but ran out of ammunition[/b].
View Quote

[size=3]Uh-oh![/size=3]

Eric The(Apprehensive)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Another blow to the cause....  Sad, and over nails?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I doubt the nails themselves were what made him flip.  It's usually more about how someone was treated than the actually event.  I guantee you it wasn't said like "bob, please go pick up those nails, they're a safety hazard."
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Guy shoulda used a nail gun instead, would've been more apropos.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
They always make a big fuss when the weapon involved with a crime is an "eeeeee-vil" gun.  A couple weeks ago someone held his brother hostage with an ak.  THe news people kept saying "AK-47" this and "AK-47" that.  I guess they really wanted to make it known that an AK was used....  
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I would bet it wasnt a real Russian made AK-47.  Probably some POS chinesse knock off MAK-90 or something of the like.

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps one of those 22 blank powered things. Those suckas can really drive a nail.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lazy Engineer:
I doubt the nails themselves were what made him flip.  It's usually more about how someone was treated than the actually event.  I guantee you it wasn't said like "bob, please go pick up those nails, they're a safety hazard."
View Quote
It doesn't matter how or what was said, there is no excuse for this crap.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Who wants to bet that the shooter had priors and was a "prohibited person"?  Or had a history of mental problems, but passed a Brady background check?

Further, who wants to bet they'll try to prove he bought the AK at a gun show?  You know, "Tupperware parties for criminals"?

Gotta have more laws!  One more law and we'll all be safe!  Oops!  Ok, just one more!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Sure its an AK? They always start out saying its AK.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#13]
My guess is an SKS. It seems that these scumbags are too cheap to buy an AK and go for the less than a 100 dollar SKS. Of course the media will never correct their mistake. With the guy running out of ammo so fast, it leads me to believe that it probably wasn't a 30 round detachable but a fixed 8-10.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

BEST LINE OF THE DAY

ROTFLMAO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top