Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 12:00:19 PM EDT
Who thinks the Harriet Miers nomination is a setup?

Lets say the Prez picked her knowing she wouldn't get in... Letting the dems filibuster and then picking a more conservative person?

just a thought...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It's generally safer to assume Bush means what he says.  Ask Saddam.  So no, I dont think this is a headfake or some sort of strategery.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This was my first thought as well, but she's too liberal to be a sacrificial lamb.  If he was going to use that strategy he would've picked someone far right, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
As much as I wish she was a fake, W's is about as subtle as a 2000 lb bomb and isn't into trickery.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This was my first thought as well, but she's too liberal to be a sacrificial lamb.  If he was going to use that strategy he would've picked someone far right, IMO.

What if he didn't plan on the Liberals shooting down the nomination...but rather the Concervatives for being too liberal?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if he didn't plan on the Liberals shooting down the nomination...but rather the Concervatives for being too liberal?

Having your own party shoot down a nomination would be political suicide...or it would be seen by everyone as a stupid political trick that will achieve nothing.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Listen to all the radio chatter today, especially from Rush and Hannity.  They are both pushing this nominee because I believe the base has erupted and are VERY pissed off.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, she's plenty acceptable to those vetting her, she's going to get approved.  She's far to close to middle of the road to count on for a borking.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nope, she's plenty acceptable to those vetting her, she's going to get approved.  She's far to close to middle of the road to count on for a borking.

Did Bork do it to himself.  Most people say the way to avoid being Borked is to limit your comments.  He, apparently couldn't help himself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top