Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 10:47:26 AM EDT
Right now I use a  bull bag similar to this

The problem is that it weighs a ton and I would like suggestions on bench rest or sandbags to carry to the range to sight in with that doesn't weigh stinkin' ton.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Anyone?

Bueller?

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Wal Mart sells a nice set of portable suede sand bags, and they are a lot smaller than the bag you are using.  I picked up a set the other day for $19, and they work very well.  The actual bag doesn't need to be very big, just enough to bear the weight of the rifle in the front and another to stabalize the rear of the stock.  The trick is to have them high enough, and it is always worth it to invest in a nice adjustable rifle rest.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top