Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 10:02:08 AM EDT
i am looking into buying a ultrasonic cleaner and i notice they are big money. I dont mind that as much as i do the fact that i have never used one and i really want to hear some good stuff about them before i go and drop $500 and up. I am looking into QUANTREX from L&R.

Please give me any info you all may have.

thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i am looking into buying a ultrasonic cleaner and i notice they are big money. I dont mind that as much as i do the fact that i have never used one and i really want to hear some good stuff about them before i go and drop $500 and up. I am looking into QUANTREX from L&R.

Please give me any info you all may have.

thanks.

I have two in the shop, There good for breaking the crud up, and general cleaning. I am having though to go back and scrub on the rather nasty locations.
They remove all oil! so you need to lube it really good after you get it out of the tank.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they safe to use with aluminum?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
How can you clean something using sound waves?  Or is Ultrasonic a brand name?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are they safe to use with aluminum?

Depending on the souloution you use. Yes as long as its not foil. It east that shit up!

Admiral_Crunch
Yes Ultrasonic sound waves vibrate the solution causing it to compress and explode into tiny little bubbles that clean the surface. its rather quite cool. 20 or so Min's to clean a auto pistol/ revolver.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
One thing to keep in mind....we purchased one a long time ago to clean lab and glassware...the quality of the cleaning depends a lot on the frequency it operates...the cheaper ones usually are tha for a reason, they aren't as efficient as the more expensive ones that operate at or near the optimum frequency.

I don't remember what is good, you'll have to do some research, so don't just go out willy nilly and buy a cheapo....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The reason I ask, there was an ad for ultrasonic equipment in SAR, showing an AR/M16 leaning against the tank. At the bottom of the ad in bold print it said "Do not immerse aluminum".

So I'm like, .
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The reason I ask, there was an ad for ultrasonic equipment in SAR, showing an AR/M16 leaning against the tank. At the bottom of the ad in bold print it said "Do not immerse aluminum".

So I'm like, .

Use the Non-ammoniated solution and your good to go.. Hell I use simple green in one mine..

+1 on not getting a cheap one. L&R makes some damn good units..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top